Scottish Cup Fourth Round Draw...

Jamie_Beatson

not many still in use stadiums in the UK have more character about them than Central Park, Cowdenbeath. Not going to be an easy place to go and get a win, Hibs only got a 3-2 win at same stage last season and they were lucky to leave with the win. Colin Cameron's built a good team and definately not a team to underestimate (includes former Saints right back David Cowan).

not many still in use stadiums in the UK have more character about them than Central Park, Cowdenbeath. Not going to be an easy place to go and get a win, Hibs only got a 3-2 win at same stage last season and they were lucky to leave with the win. Colin Cameron's built a good team and definately not a team to underestimate (includes former Saints right back David Cowan).

Come tae feck, CV, it's an utter shitehole of a place. You can polish a turd but in the end it's just a polished turd..

I quite like the fact that in a time when loads of teams have had new stadiums built or are all seaters, you've for a place like Central Park that's a real throw back to old style stadiums. The place has been on the go since 1917 and the only real things to have changed is the fence around the terracing and the new stand which was built a couple of decades back when the old one caught fire!

I actually like Central Park and has been kept upto reasonable standards for the stock car racing.Dont think we'll get the wee stand we were in pre-season but a tidy ground with enough space to fit in all our fans.Cowden its self is as rough as a badgers arse mind you, so the majority of our fans should fit in well!!!

I actually like Central Park and has been kept upto reasonable standards for the stock car racing.Dont think we'll get the wee stand we were in pre-season but a tidy ground with enough space to fit in all our fans.Cowden its self is as rough as a badgers arse mind you, so the majority of our fans should fit in well!!!

I really like Central Park, but to say it's tidy is simply wrong. It's a ****ing dump.

still recall wullie browns penalty miss there.i think years later the ball was actually found orbiting the moon.lost 4-3.

also john balavage getting sent off for punching an opposition player in the pus.what a classic .won 1-0 in the cup midweek.

i was also outside the ground when it got postponed just before kick off in the 1980's.

still recall wullie browns penalty miss there.i think years later the ball was actually found orbiting the moon.lost 4-3.

also john balavage getting sent off for punching an opposition player in the pus.what a classic .won 1-0 in the cup midweek.

i was also outside the ground when it got postponed just before kick off in the 1980's.

Mind the first two slf,think Molly was wearing the red bib away top iirc,cannae mind the postponed one,but we had radios in fife that told us of games being off! :razz:

Oh crap.

The Beloved is starting to express an interest in attending her first away game. She has a soft spot in her heart for Cowden and similar places, given her years of working underground (she serviced the ponys).

Can one sneak up on this game and pay at the gate?

Please understand that conditions of attendance include good weather, a win, Tade's arse being near her, Gary Milllar being re-introduced to the concept of "tackling" and not meeting any of you lunatics.

Can't understand anyone having a go at Central Park, one of the few idiosyncratic wee grounds left in Scotland. Had a wee soft spot for Cowden' since reading 'Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil' a few years ago, they're a decent team and it'll be an interesting game. Gutted I'm not gonna make it back for it, a rare chance to stand up for 90 minutes.

Edited by Mike