Train Station

dan loves saints

The thing I dislike about Perth Station is the entrance. OK, the cafe thing has history and should stay. The toilets are a f#cking disgrace and have been for thirty years. The ticket office is soulless and over all the whole entrance is just shit. BUT when you get beyond that entrance and in to the station proper...it is a great station :laugh:

The thing I dislike about the station (at the moment) is the fact that someone cut the powerlines to the information boards FIVE DAYS AGO and they're still not working; making it a bit of a lottery if you get on the right train.

that could be fun.destination anywhere.east or west i don't care.braw

From what I can gather, the plans are to demolish the 1970's facade where the ticket office etc are and take the cladding off the old walls so you have a ticket office built into the original walls.

Toilets were fully refitted a few months ago.

They are currently adding lifts to get to the walkways instead of having to use the ramps to get across all the platforms. Platform 4 has been refurbished and the offices between 4 and 7 are to be tidied up and put to better use. The old entrance frmo the car park by the hotel has been done up and is now toughened glass and may yet be used for another entrance/exit.

Station still has the longest domestic platform in the UK, longest overall is the St Pancras ones for the Eurostar trains but not by much!!

Station Hotel is open and is doing quite good trade (not by the hour any more though!!) and yuo can see it on the website Station Hotel Website

Edited by Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite living away from Perth for nearly 40 years now, and returning regularly for Weddings, Christenings, Funerals and Saints games, I can count on one hand the number of times I've used Perth Station. Edinburgh via Stirling? Dinnae be daft. Glasgow wi the airport away on the other side? Nae way. Eberdeen? Better by bus.