Gary Macdonald

Broon

Does Gary MacDonald deserve to start for saints?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tbh is playing any worse than say Mackay,Nigel or Anderson.

Mackay got forward. Hustled and hastled. Looked interested.

Nigel was always involved. Looked fir the ball all the time. Ok his first touch was a little indelicate today, but occasionally beat his man and laid off.

Anderson is never a silky defender but does what he does in a no nonsense fashion.

Mcdonald is anonymous. Offers nothing. Does nothing. Achieved nothing.

Not voting on this.  It's disgusting that one player should be treated like this by so called supporters of the club.  The whole team was bad tonight and yet one guy is the whipping boy for the fans.  Someone (might have been Mackay) played the guy a complete hospital pass in the second half tonight, and when he didn't win it some idiot in the East Stand was screaming pure bile and hatred at MacDonald.  The fact that the person who put this poll up thought Dunne was the only one getting pass marks tonight show how much he knows about football.  As good as dunne has been since joining - and I'm a massive fan - I'm sure even he would acknowledge that he was poor tonight (at best).  To be fair Tommy could have substituted anyone at half-time, they were all terrible - and Gary Mac was no worse or better than anyone else.

Not voting on this. It's disgusting that one player should be treated like this by so called supporters of the club. The whole team was bad tonight and yet one guy is the whipping boy for the fans. Someone (might have been Mackay) played the guy a complete hospital pass in the second half tonight, and when he didn't win it some idiot in the East Stand was screaming pure bile and hatred at MacDonald. The fact that the person who put this poll up thought Dunne was the only one getting pass marks tonight show how much he knows about football. As good as dunne has been since joining - and I'm a massive fan - I'm sure even he would acknowledge that he was poor tonight (at best). To be fair Tommy could have substituted anyone at half-time, they were all terrible - and Gary Mac was no worse or better than anyone else.

Your missing the point. This topic isn't about just today's game.

His opinion on Dunne being good today or not doesn't change the fact that he's right about MacDonald - the majority say so as well. The people who don't have poor reasons why he's not such as "he works hard" - working hard is not a talent.

MacDonald is dire nearly every week yet still plays 90 minutes nearly every week.

Week in week out he gifts the ball away with either a pass to no one or a first touch that a brick wall would be proud of.

Edited by PerthSeany

Your missing the point. This topic isn't about just today's game.

His opinion on Dunne being good today or not doesn't change the fact that he's right about MacDonald - the majority say so as well. The people who don't have poor reasons why he's not such as "he works hard" - working hard is not a talent.

MacDonald is dire nearly every week yet still plays 90 minutes nearly every week.

Week in week out he gifts the ball away with either a pass to no one or a first touch that a brick wall would be proud of.

I'm not missing the point at all.  Virtually every player was terrible today - MacDonald is the only one who has a poll about him though.  As supporters of the team, we should be getting behind players - not hounding them.  This poll is digusting.

Personal abuse. Reported.

couldn't care less to be honest - you post rubbish on here constantly so I'm sure I'll be able to report you in the not too distant future.  although why you've never been banned is a mystery to be honest.  And incidentally, your post that I was replying to is personal abuse against a Saints player (just pointing this out so you know that you're more than capable of it too)

Edited by jhq

I hope they do read this. 90% want him dropped. It appears our manager is one of a select few who believe he does deserve a place in the team.

As for your comment on world class. None of our players are even close to being class. However what we need at this level is players who are brave who want the ball and contribute to games. Macdonald for me is a shite bag of the highest order on the football field and that's why he's getting a thread to himself.

No point in starting a poll if you're going to invent percentages.

couldn't care less to be honest - you post rubbish on here constantly so I'm sure I'll be able to report you in the not too distant future.  although why you've never been banned is a mystery to be honest.  And incidentally, your post that I was replying to is personal abuse against a Saints player (just pointing this out so you know that you're more than capable of it too)

Verge of tears stuff.

I'm not missing the point at all. Virtually every player was terrible today - MacDonald is the only one who has a poll about him though. As supporters of the team, we should be getting behind players - not hounding them. This poll is digusting.

oh my god how many times do you need to be told? This pole is not just about yesterday's game!

Dave Mackay has been piss poor for the majority of the season but I don't see a thread directed at him. I actually lost count the amount of times last night he chose the wrong pass. The one in the first half when he was on the edge of the county box, passed it 40 yards back putting the defence under pressure which resulted in Clancy getting booked. He's been a bomb scare. Don't know how many times second half he made a run down the wing and totally miss-read the pass to him. 

Dave Mackay has been piss poor for the majority of the season but I don't see a thread directed at him. I actually lost count the amount of times last night he chose the wrong pass. The one in the first half when he was on the edge of the county box, passed it 40 yards back putting the defence under pressure which resulted in Clancy getting booked. He's been a bomb scare. Don't know how many times second half he made a run down the wing and totally miss-read the pass to him.

unfortunately dave can be as Shite as he wants because we don't have any replacements. He was awful last night but he was playing out of position. The couple of games he played at centre were his best this season in my opinion

You mean today's MOM Anderson? And Nigel who burst a gut today in the first half tracking back and although was poor going forward at least worked hard. And who also scored a beauty last weekend?

If that's what constitutes Nigel getting a game, 1 run at defenders (championship defenders) in 120 mins of football and tracking back a few times. Waste of a jersey. I'm sorry but MacDonald deserves to be in the team more than Nigel then.

Not voting on this.  It's disgusting that one player should be treated like this by so called supporters of the club.  The whole team was bad tonight and yet one guy is the whipping boy for the fans.  Someone (might have been Mackay) played the guy a complete hospital pass in the second half tonight, and when he didn't win it some idiot in the East Stand was screaming pure bile and hatred at MacDonald.  The fact that the person who put this poll up thought Dunne was the only one getting pass marks tonight show how much he knows about football.  As good as dunne has been since joining - and I'm a massive fan - I'm sure even he would acknowledge that he was poor tonight (at best).  To be fair Tommy could have substituted anyone at half-time, they were all terrible - and Gary Mac was no worse or better than anyone else.

You're fighting a losing battle trying to get some of these morons to be reasonable and think what they say before they hit "post". What you have to understand is that because they sit behind keyboards and they do not interact face to face with those in question they think it is okay to say what they think. 

Gary MacDonald has got a place in the team, we are missing Muzz in the middle with his dig and aggression which allowed Gary to play more freely. The guy is doing the dirty bits now which clearly goes unappreciated.

Dave playing out of position with Nigel as defensive support. He's no world class. Jeez.

I thought Nigel was inept last night . It was probably the right game for a small nippy winger against big clumsy defenders, not disinterested huffy wannabes . And this was definitely down to Tommy, second half he plays him up front and just stands in the middle with his hand on his hips. No dash off to the wing looking for another option. Looking for the high ball down the middle. Disgrace .

So we are Jeckyll and Hyde.

Yesterday Hyde.

We've been worse.

We've been better.

I'm all for supporting a player.

A few years back I was full of questions about Millar and Morris.

But this Gary MacDonald seems to be a different case.

I can't understand what he does. genuinely can't understand.

I'm sure there are some tactically astute posters who can enlighten me, but you'll have to use simple language.

While we're doing this maybe we could be a bit less hostile to each other?

I'd be happy if McDonald had a bit of dig and aggression but he actively avoids the ball. It's unbelievable. We are not the only fans of teams he has played for that feel this way. Ask Aberdeen and Hamilton fans their opinion of him.

Agree Dr, Nigel was very frustrating yesterday, to last as long as he did on the pitch was another baffling decision.

So we are Jeckyll and Hyde.

Yesterday Hyde.

We've been worse.

We've been better.

I'm all for supporting a player.

A few years back I was full of questions about Millar and Morris.

But this Gary MacDonald seems to be a different case.

I can't understand what he does. genuinely can't understand.

I'm sure there are some tactically astute posters who can enlighten me, but you'll have to use simple language.

While we're doing this maybe we could be a bit less hostile to each other?

I'm far from being astute about anything but I believe McDonald is meant to be the link between defence and attack. Getting the ball from defensive positions and giving it quickly to the creative front players. Also supporting the front players by making runs and getting into attacking positions.

Might be wrong though.

We are not the only fans of teams he has played for that feel this way. Ask Aberdeen and Hamilton fans their opinion of him.

I was just about to post that as well.

Aberdeen fans pretty much say the same as a lot of folk on here, hides etc.

Hamilton fans voted him their worst ever player I recall.

It would be interesting to hear what Killie fans think.

He is quite well thought of by Oldham fans however.

Does anybody know if he has ever suffered some horrendous, attitude altering injury?

Thus: "He's no been the same player since he had the sprinkler head removed from his urethra."