Ict V St Johnstone 11Th May 2014 - Match Thread

AthensSaint

A Caley side with Butcher and Hughes as manager finishing above us is not embarassing?

Think you will find that Hughes and Butcher have been more successful in their managerial careers to date than Tommy, so the point you are trying to make is both irrelevant and stupid.

We went out today in a position to get past ICT but failed but have an opportuity next week to be the most successful Saints team ever. For once in your life try and get that scowl off your chops and be a bit upbeat.

I thought we were poor in the first half, until I witnessed our second half showing, which was about as insipid as we've been all season.

For all the first half was dull, guys like Miller and O'Halloran at least did alright going forward, we passed the ball not too badly and restricted Inverness pretty well. The start of the second half saw the game open up but we were hopeless once they scored. Absolutely no direction and hopefully Wright will realise that the answer next week if we are chasing the game is not Iwelumo. Thankfully the semi-final suggests he won't just throw the big man on. Nice guy but don't call us, Chris.

Not sure what is to be achieved by claiming there were over 3,000 people there but it's embarrassing when everyone can see that's never the case.

At the game the guy announced the attendance to be 2100?

I'm pretty sure he did

Edited by PerthSeany

The fact they finished above is embarassing.

I feel like this comments been over looked somewhat. I can't even begin to understand why its embarrassing to finish four points behind a similar sized side who we probably have a near identical budget and wage bill with, especially considering they've been playing their strongest team post-split while we've indulged in a rotation scheme

They have Yogi as a manger.

Hughes has a pretty good record in Scottish football, he took Falkirk to the SPL and then kept them there for four seasons. He then also took Hibs to fourth. He's also taken two sides to Domestic Finals despite them having similar budgets to us. He's a solid manager at this level, despite the moronic chat he comes out with. You're being incredibly disrespectful to a side who's achievements over the past few seasons are a match for ours

He's an awful manager. Ask the fans of any club he has been in charge of. If Caley hadn't been so stupid and given him a 3 year deal I guarantee he wouldn't be there manager next season.

He's not at all. He has a fairly poor way of putting across his "philosophy", and sounds utterly cretinous, but in this league he'll always have his sides sitting somewhere in the middle, safe from relegation. Its absolutely not "embarrassing" to finish behind a side that he manages, especially when hes only been there for a half a season and they had a ten point "head start" when he did take the reins.

Terry Butcher is even worse. Got to have one of the highest failure rates going. His only success at Caley, the most patient club in the world probably. Their fans absolutely hated him too.

Anyway you've proved my point. A 10 point head start and we could have finished 2 ahead of them. Good one Yogi.

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

Terry Butcher is even worse. Got to have one of the highest failure rates going. His only success at Caley, the most patient club in the world probably. Their fans absolutely hated him too.

Anyway you've proved my point. A 10 point head start and we could have finished 2 ahead of them. Good one Yogi.

I really can't be bothered discussing it any further. If you genuinely believe its embarrassing to finish behind ICT simply because of who was in charge for the last four months of the season, when we've had to rotate our squad, and we've had a harder run of games, then you believe that

Can see why HSF is reporting how ICT provide their attendance figures.

As the home team (s) keep the gate money, it does not concern St. Johnstone F.C. one iota,

and neither should it concern any Saints fans who appear to be getting hot under the collar on this issue.

FFS,  get a life, there  are far more important issues to focus on in the week ahead.

COYS.

Unity brothers (and sisters)

Why? Why are you bothered? I don't care if there's 2 men and a dog there. If they sold 10,000 tickets for a game they have every right to report that.

did celtic not take 20 million to Seville

ask any celtic supporter and they will tell you were there (were you there slf?)