Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So in the event of a no vote how long will it take Asda to start increasing prices of the products they sell,  one week, one month, one year?

If a yes vote means increased prices then a no vote should mean lower or at the very least static prices for a decent length of time.  

My opinion of the BBC has falllen dramatically over the last week.  Poor and selective reporting.

Or plain ignoring. Mine fell by the wayside a long time ago. They've been doing this for years, we just didn't realise or were blind to it. The referendum and the BBC's conduct throughout it has brought it to the attention of a lot of folk in Scotland, and their complete ignoring of the anti-poverty march in London a couple of months back (which saw 50,000 pass by their own front door) was definitely noticed down south. Impartiality and good old "Auntie" have gone out the window. The BBC is now no more than the mouthpiece of the state, and no better than Pravda.

ha fcuking ha. All I said was what someone had told me. Typical yes campaigner answer

It wasn't really a joke. You suggest utterly bizarre nonsense, get called out for it, and then  backtrack by saying 'well someone told me'. That's no justification. You should be ashamed if that's your contribution to any debate. A vote is precious and demands a lot more thought than you're giving to it.

Edited by Brogan

at least you have a sense of humour seems to be a sad lack of it on this forum nowadays. Bring back the days of ghosties classic one liners

There's a sad lack of humour everywhere nowadays. Now that we're at the sharp end it's all getting a bit heated, but whatever the result we've got to live with eachother after it, so being a complete wanker isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Yes there's passion and that's good, but there's a line and some folk will need to take a good look at themselves after this is done and past.

I'm going to miss the referendum as I've had some brilliant banter on fb and twitter. Fair play to the comedians and bawbags on both sides. We're the real winners, because we can be vehemently opposed to the other's view but we can still rip the pish out of each other, have a laugh and leave on good terms. Too many have lost sight of that.

Oh my friend in the bank was talking ****in nonsense then was she?

Well perhaps not. The guy could be a dozy moron and not realise that:

(1) only £85,000 of his investment is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in any case, so by storing £200k in a single bank, he risks losing more than half of that sum if the bank fails. And surely that couldn’t happen under our great Union?

(2) given that we wouldn’t be independent until 2016 in any case, walking out of a bank with £200k cash on a single day is a bizarre move that would certainly cost a fair whack in lost interest due to short-notice withdrawal - and if he's storing it in some sort of tax-free scheme or bond he's just permanently lost those benefits.

(3) Compensation cover is likely to be just the same as it was before in the event of independence:

But people who manage to save £200k generally aren’t morons. They’re canny and don’t use their money to make petty political points. So, yes, on balance, I think that story was fabricated. Keep spreading fear, though.

Edited by Brogan

Retailers have a meeting at Downing Street yesterday & John Lewis,Asda etc come out and say there will be price increases in an Independent Scotland. What a coincidence .

I assume they think there will be price increases due to extra transport costs but do Asda not make a big deal of using Scottish produce.

There will be a few people concerned by the scaremongering but most will think why are they trying so hard to stop us.

The worst part of it is that the guy from John Lewis never once mentioned price rises. He made a general statement that over time prices may rise, not just for Scotland but for the UK. Prices always rise, it is called inflation.

There is a great video doing the rounds on facebook showing what John Lewis said and then what the BBC reporter summed it up as. The bias just flows from him without shame.

Edited by garydavidson