Christmas Lights Switch On

ancientsaint

Even after page after page of this thread, nobody has managed to bring forward any evidence that there is a genuine movement of people out there who are offended by Christmas, complain about Christmas or (brilliantly) feel that Christmas trees become offensive if they exceed a non-specified size.

I've been part of this thread and wasn't under the impression that I was obliged to bring any evidence....

I sincerely hope that you are not tarring everyone with the same brush, Blueheaven?

I've been part of this thread and wasn't under the impression that I was obliged to bring any evidence....

I sincerely hope that you are not tarring everyone with the same brush, Blueheaven?

I was of course referring to those who have put forward the above argument without offering any justification for it.

"Apparently"..........only one in five schools in the UK hold a nativity play. Information was from Friday night's "Have I got news for you" edition.

My kids school has done a variety over the last few years ranging from the "traditional" nativity to updated versions such as Christmas with the Aliens.

It's quite nice to see an updated version tbh.

It was not stressed whether the said Aliens were illegal or not however.

Lets deal ith your points one at a time saintgscot, I challenge you  to produce evidence that any town/city have renamed Christmas 'so not to upset other religions'. 

The 'Winterville' tag was first used in Birmingham (in the 90's) and was proposed by Birmingham Chamber of Commerce to maximise commercial activity over the Nov/Dec/Jan.....sod all to do with 'upsetting other religions'.  Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary?

http://steveshark.wordpress.com/2009/11/22/winterval-its-a-myth-in-dundee/

Point 2......Midwinter festivals predate Christianity by centuries and most major religions have festivals when the days are shortest to mark the beginning of a new lunar cycle and indeed a new year, I have no issue with anyone marking either of these things.........you seem to be advocating banning Christmas for non Christians?  :wink:

Didn't say anything bout me saying banning christmas for non Christians

My kids school has done a variety over the last few years ranging from the "traditional" nativity to updated versions such as Christmas with the Aliens.

It's quite nice to see an updated version tbh.

It was not stressed whether the said Aliens were illegal or not however.

I did laugh at the retort that there are plenty choices for baby jesus from all the 15 yr old mums

"Apparently"..........only one in five schools in the UK hold a nativity play. Information was from Friday night's "Have I got news for you" edition.    

Like Athens, im determined to be become outraged at people who do not hold my views.

Dear PointsOfView,

As an atheist im outraged about how these christians have got away with hijacking our winter solstice celebration for the last few hundred years. If i decided tried to the Hajj into to a gay pride parade, there would be an outrage.

• 2 weeks later...