Petrofac Cup Final

Abernethy Saint

Was that ever a rule??

McDiarmid has been used for the challenge cup final 8 times, the most out of everyone, fir park motherwell 4 times

I may have been completely mistaken but I had the impression that was the rule when Saints won it, the final was at Dens, Tannadice could not be considered as Dundee United were in the SPL and Dundee were in th first division then(I think!)

Okay, hadn't heard that before. Motherwell haven't been out the prem since the competition began, and held the final 4 times so I'm not so sure.

Prices are:

ADULTS - £15

UNDER 16's, SENIORS, STUDENTS - £5

UNDER 12's - Free

There's going to be a "spectacular" fanzone round the stadium for all fans and families etc, so if anyone is at a loose end on Sunday 5th April, head down for a festival of football !!

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/petrofac-training-cup-final-venue-announced/

I may have been completely mistaken but I had the impression that was the rule when Saints won it, the final was at Dens, Tannadice could not be considered as Dundee United were in the SPL and Dundee were in th first division then(I think!)

At that point the SPL was a different organisation to the SFL. Now they're one and the same.

I thought this too maybe since the spl an sfl amalgamated then its cool

I think we should be happy that we have the game.IMHO its probably been helped by our previous good record of hosting,ease of access,car parking and grass (sort of ) surface.

I won't argue with that, however while I don't know anything about the financial distribution, I don't think Saints should profit from this match, the final of a competition intended to benefit clubs outside the premiership. Of course, expenses need to be covered, but any profits should go to said lower league clubs.

I won't argue with that, however while I don't know anything about the financial distribution, I don't think Saints should profit from this match, the final of a competition intended to benefit clubs outside the premiership. Of course, expenses need to be covered, but any profits should go to said lower league clubs.

Bollocks. Saints should profit as much as possible for this.

I don't disagree with that but going by the Scottish Cup Final "rules", we should make more than anyone who actually bothers to play the game.

Unlikey though - Cant see us doing it without us benefiting from it. 

We are surely going to benefit from it in some financial way. 

Thanks for clarifying, folks. Pardon my cynicism but I can't help wondering if the sponsors had a major say in the venue, Perth being that bit closer to the centre of the oil industry than the central belt?

Could be that, I also wondered if McD got the nod over EEP because its got the space round about it (astro, car parks etc) to host the fanzone spectaculo.  I hope its a big success, its good companies gettin involved in sponsoring our game, especially as its a less high profile cup.