Saints vs. Dundee 09/12/06

Guest Nairn Saint

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is do or die because if Dundee (with all their problems/ new manager and ancient players) can beat us then we are in serious trouble.

I would go for:

----------Halliwell---------

Ando James(recovered?) McManus

Lawrie---------------------------------------Dyer

-----Mensing Sheridan Sheerin---

------------Peaso Scotland------

We can't afford to play players who aren't training (yes, I've included James, his experience of taking charge is much needed) so Milne and Hardie drop out of my lineup but would make the bench if things go tits up.

Lawrie can push up the pitch a bit more, Mensing and Sheridan should dominate the midfield, breaking up the plays, winning the ball etc.

Stanic needs a rest as well as he seems emotionally exhausted and needs to be with his family at this time, let him go home and give Dyer a chance- James and McManus should keep him right about staying alert/ positioning etc.

Up front it's time to shake things around and start Peaso, giving Savo a rest- again, if it's not good at half time then he can come on.

We need to shake things up like this because we have done nothing for weeks now, time to see what the squad is made of, we've made a big thing of the size of the squad so lets actually use it instead of playing the usual suspects.

Think I might have posted it on some other thread somewhere, but I'd go with:

______________Halliwell____________

_____Anderson__McManus___Dyer

Lawrie__Mensing__Sheridan__Sheerin__Stanic

___________Milne___MacDonald

I think we're a better team when Mensing and Sheerin both get to play a bit more centrally rather than out wide, and also when we let Stanic get forward. From what I saw at Gretna, we miss Sheridan in the middle and we're a better team when he plays, so he'd be back in. Scotland needs a break and MacDonald needs a chance, so that explains that swap. And I think it's time to get one of the youngsters in too, so I've included Dyer.

It wouldn't be my team in the long-term, but I think it would be right for this one.

I think this really will determine saints' season - it can go two ways.

1 - saints win and brings back confidence as well as beating dundee (always fun), hopefully a wee run begins.

2 - Saints lose and there is no sight of the next win arriving.

No less than 3 points is acceptable in my opinion but if saints do lose i think thats my confidence of winning the league gone! Seeing saints do the same for the past few seasons you get used to it. I think we need to play wider on the park so McLaren can actually do what he is for and thats being a winger! I think the criticism of him is unfair so lets play him where he'll be most effective.

-------------------Halliwell------------------------

-------------McManus---James-----------------

Lawrie---------------------------------Goran

-------Mensing---Sheridan---Sheerin--------

--------------------Hardie---------------------

----------------Savo----Peaso----------------

I notice a fair few people shouting for Sheridan to go back in the team. Just shows how easy it is to forget how bad he has been when he has played this season. I know the guys on the park have not bee great but I don't think sheridan is the answer.

Is there a danger tomorrow of Dundee having more supporters than Saints :?

Not really Watty but the total crowd will be a lot more than the the normal 2000 plus because of our historical rivalry. I always use the term 'We might as well have a GO!' because sometimes I think we put too much pressure on ourselves so best just to have a go in every game.

BroonI notice a fair few people shouting for Sheridan to go back in the team. Just shows how easy it is to forget how bad he has been when he has played this season. I know the guys on the park have not bee great but I don't think sheridan is the answer.

But who else would you put it? It's going to be a tough game and although he hasn't been playing at the top of his game, he does get stuck in.....and with it now being common knowledge that he is leaving in January, maybe he feels he needs to prove himself before he leaves? and what better game to do it in?

Not really Watty but the total crowd will be a lot more than the the normal 2000 plus because of our historical rivalry. I always use the term 'We might as well have a GO!' because sometimes I think we put too much pressure on ourselves so best just to have a go in every game.

Watch this space dont think there will be much between the home and away supports tomorrow if truth be told.

Get tore right intae the minky coagie druggie dole claiming inbred fookers!!!

I think Watty has a point. For some bizarre reason, the Coags genuinely think they have a chance of winning the league...

... I paused there to let you pick yourselves up off the floor...

... so, they will no doubt travel in big numbers. Watty I assume as CTD, has been advised they will be getting the section of the Main Stand as well as the Leo Sayer Stand so potentially that's about 2,500 Coags.

With our shit run of form, Xmas a few weeks away etc, will there be more than 2,500 Saints fans?

As for the dilemma in midfield, it's difficult. Obviously McLaren is more attacking and since we're at home we should "Have a go" TM but then it's a derby and Willie isn't the most physical of players, which coupled to our recent trend of being outfought, makes a good case for Shez's inclusion. I think it's 50:50 in favour of each and probably the same with the goalkeepers.

Watch this space dont think there will be much between the home and away supports tomorrow if truth be told.

Get tore right intae the minky coagie druggie dole claiming inbred fookers!!!

Och well that'll do me, the more of them the merrier for us to watch their faces as they get gubbed.

I think Watty has a point. For some bizarre reason, the Coags genuinely think they have a chance of winning the league...

... I paused there to let you pick yourselves up off the floor...

... so, they will no doubt travel in big numbers. Watty I assume as CTD, has been advised they will be getting the section of the Main Stand as well as the Leo Sayer Stand so potentially that's about 2,500 Coags.

With our shit run of form, Xmas a few weeks away etc, will there be more than 2,500 Saints fans?

As for the dilemma in midfield, it's difficult. Obviously McLaren is more attacking and since we're at home we should "Have a go" TM but then it's a derby and Willie isn't the most physical of players, which coupled to our recent trend of being outfought, makes a good case for Shez's inclusion. I think it's 50:50 in favour of each and probably the same with the goalkeepers.

Most Dundee fans i know don't think they'll win the league this year but think they will next year. This present Dundee team is absolutely awful, we should beat them comfortably or we are far worse off than I thought!