Saints v Celtic, Sunday 14th Feb, 12pm

Salguodinmethven.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:07 PM, Pat McGroin said:

I read something once that once it drops below -15C, you don’t notice the difference quite as much. It just feels like being in a freezer. 

Any truth in that? 

Actual temp was around -39 but the wind is the killer

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Have already said this on here but I really think we should consider using Rooney up front. He has pretty much every attribute needed by a modern centre-forward - he's big, powerful, out-paces opponents and his attacking headers are fantastic. He's practically unbeatable in the air. Not saying he should play there every week but throwing him forward when required would give our play a completely different dimension.

Yesterday when we were chasing the game we put on MOH but it forced Rooney back into a more defensive role and only served to lessen our impact down that side of the pitch. I'd have liked to see Brown brought on to play right-back/wing-back and Rooney sent up top to play next to Kane or May. 

A bit like Callum Paterson started as a right back at Hearts but played in the middle and upfront for Cardiff and Scotland would definitely give opposition defences something different to think about.

St.Mirren’s remaining matches:

Celtic  (Lost) 0 points

Aberdeen (Draw) 1 point

Hamilton (Draw) 1 point

Livingston

Motherwell

Ross County

Rangers 

Hamilton

6 matches in 17 days. They don’t have the depth of quality for that. 

That’s three games down for St.Mirren and two points.

They are home to Livi on Saturday. Two days rest. They now only have one game in hand over us and they are four points ahead.

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Sorry, should have qualified, I think St.Mirren will fall like a stone over the next few matches.

FWIW, St.Mirren’s remaining matches:

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hamilton

Livingston

Motherwell

Ross County

Rangers 

Hamilton

6 matches in 17 days. They don’t have the depth of quality for that. 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: