New Kit

Mad on saints

Just now, garydavidson said:

Is there an increasing racism problem on this forum? First "all lives matter" and now blaming a whole country for "many of the problems in the world today"?

We are talking about football strips - I would say the bigger issue is the labour used to make them rather than when people can get their hands on them.

That was a political rather than race based statement.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Is there an increasing racism problem on this forum? First "all lives matter" and now blaming a whole country for "many of the problems in the world today"?

We are talking about football strips - I would say the bigger issue is the labour used to make them rather than when people can get their hands on them.

Like it or not, a lot of the problems do stem from China, but it’s not a racism issue. 

When all our products are more or less manufactured in one country, then that country enacts the worlds strictest Zero Covid policy. There’s obviously going to be some logistical issues that go hand in hand with that. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Like it or not, a lot of the problems do stem from China, but it’s not a racism issue. 

When all our products are more or less manufactured in one country, then that country enacts the worlds strictest Zero Covid policy. There’s obviously going to be some logistical issues that go hand in hand with that. 

You are looking to blame capitalism, not China.

59 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Not anymore it’s not

9E35E5F9-276E-4020-BC3E-43861E176DB5.png

I don’t know why but I really love this design I just think it’s a win for the club for a change.

I’m not really excited about the exchange rate and postage costs to get it shipped down under though haha

13 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

A lot of clubs are asking the same question. Blame the Chinese. They are responsible for many of the problems in the world today. 

A lot of clothing manufacturing has moved out of china over the years as its too costly. Apparel often follows the lowest labor rates around stitching costs and these are lower in SE Asia (Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos), Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia and into W. Africa now. 

I was once told, follow the country mark on Gap T-shirts and you will have the lowest global labor manufacturing cost center. Most manufacturers follow the modern slavery act, not because they care much about slavery, but more around ethic elements within hedge funds and other investment companies buying their stock. 

In case anyone was wondering .... :shock: