The January 2023 transfer window thread

blueheaven

6 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Montgomery trained with Celtic today, his loan has ended.

What'll happen next I wonder?

Will Gallacher get a real opportunity?

Is Booth fit? Will he have lost the all important faith of the manager because of his injury? 

Or will Cal persevere with James Brown out of position just for the f*cks? 

Might we get the actual midfielder that we desperately need? 

Exciting times.

10 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Callum Booth is streets ahead of Tony Gallagher.

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd have to agree. I think the team has really missed the way Booth and Spoony used to link up on the left hand side. But with Spoony on the bench every week and Booth posted completely missing most of the time, who knows if we'll ever get to see that again.

14 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Callum Booth is streets ahead of Tony Gallagher.

Booth is a bit injury prone is he not. Can we rely on him being available most of the season.

Not fussed about Montgomery going as he is ok going forward "which he was allowed to do only once we went a goal down " but not great as a defender.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Booth is a bit injury prone is he not. Can we rely on him being available most of the season.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering but I can't recall Booth having many significant injuries before his recent serious one. Besides, we have Gallacher and also Brown so we're not relying on him being available all the time.

7 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Opened talks with Spoony over a new contract: https://twitter.com/MattGallagher_1/status/1613199839453487106

Davidson: “David’s a key part of our squad and team. A new contract is definitely something we’re talking about.”

Wotherspoon: "I have spoken to the gaffer about my contract, he wants to start talks with me. I want to know what type of future lies ahead of me"

3 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Looks like we will be in the market for a centre hald

B72EB7D9-F690-4849-A715-2270065E274B.jpeg

This pattern of behaviour by our club is pathetic and very damaging to our reputation. Melamed, Eetu now Mahon.

Add Cleary. Looks like Davidson doesn't even play players not signed by him.

Looks like if you cost the club a fee then you are not good enough for Saints.

I am in no way defending Davidson here, far from it, but he was blameless in the Cleary situation. 

I knew that Mahon was to be released in January a few months back, absolutely baffling all the crap I have since read in the papers the last few weeks about a desire to get him out on loan etc.  The man is a pathological liar unfortunately.  The decision on Mahon was made at least 2 months ago.  Pathetic. 

Edited by Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II