January Transfer Window

pezza70

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

That's the one: 

Edinburgh City languishing at the bottom of League 1 and The Spartans pushing for promotion in the league below. 

I suppose he will be tested with the slightly higher quality of opposition he has to face. 

33 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Edinburgh City languishing at the bottom of League 1 and The Spartans pushing for promotion in the league below. 

I suppose he will be tested with the slightly higher quality of opposition he has to face. 

Should be a good move for him and club.

Thought he looked quite good if a bit raw when he played at beginning of season.

Tall and left sided , he also looks like he has bulked up a bit so hopefully will be ready for first team squad next season.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Is Crawford actually still injured? Haven't seen/heard anything mentioned about him in months.

I am sure I read that he was still out but can't be bothered looking for it and even if I found it I wouldn't be able to paste it or whatever you do.

On 1/9/2024 at 2:44 PM, dave mc said:

Think he’ll be our new wing back on either side,depending if we get Robbo back 

On 1/9/2024 at 8:34 PM, Cagey said:

Plenty defenders now . 

Brown,Olufunwa,McGowan,Keltjens,McLelland,Gordon ,K Smith,Considine,Gallacher.

Bit short at left side ?.

Does the amount of defenders reflect Leveins mindset.

21 hours ago, Cagey said:

Left sided centre back. Just what we need.

Luke Robinson could be back with us as early as next week apparently.

2 hours ago, dasovic said:

He was training on the astro turf today with some of the younger players. Alec Cleland was taking the session. 

Hopefully been punted to train with them permanently. Might force him to look for a move rather than sitting doing fk all picking up a wage.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Tony Gallacher is the only left (wing) back in the squad at the minute, so no, we don’t. 

Agree with that and Robinson is a much better win back than Gallecher but it's the budget , if we resign him does it mean we can't sign another striker/winger.

56 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Do you think we will get Robinson on a permanent deal ?.

I think like normal Wigan will loan him out but want him signing on for another year before he goes but I'd be very happy if we got him permanent 

1 hour ago, tucker said:

I think like normal Wigan will loan him out but want him signing on for another year before he goes but I'd be very happy if we got him permanent 

Are Wigan really likely to want to offer him a new contract? He's 22 and seems to be way down the pecking order there. Even during an injury crisis in his position he's not getting into the team.

I'd love for us to give him a pre-contract but can't help but feel he'll probably want to wait until the summer to see what's on offer, unless he absolutely loves it at Saints.

11 hours ago, PerthSaint01 said:

Hopefully been punted to train with them permanently. Might force him to look for a move rather than sitting doing fk all picking up a wage.

Is there really much he can do to "look for a move" though? I'd have thought the onus would be on Saints to try to find a club willing to take him on loan.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Is there really much he can do to "look for a move" though? I'd have thought the onus would be on Saints to try to find a club willing to take him on loan.

Would have thought Saints would be asking agents of players surprise to requirements to see if they could find them a club.