Saints v Aberdeen, 24 Jan 2024

SaintPeter91

9 minutes ago, Linky said:

I wonder if Carey might be slotting in a bit further ahead behind Jaiyesimi. But I’m wondering where Clark is, and why we signed a new striker to then put him in the bench

Suspect Carey and Smith will be pushed higher than how ive written them, it just annoys me if a formation written down takes up more than 4 lines.

This smacks of overthinking with a tired brain.  How can you build partnerships if you are rotated every game?  For a must win game to go with no striker is a Davidson ploy.  I fear for any chance of any team spirit with the way the club has handled players.  We used to be shown as a team that players wanted to play for as we looked after them.  Now we discard along with the rubbish. 

Melamed only got a game as there was no one else.  He'd never have played otherwise.  Eetu was given so few chances yet showed fight unlike so many others who played week after week.  Jephcott is a box player in a game we need to score.  Is Levein worried he might actually do that? 

The contract which is worrying is Levein's. 

I hope I'm wrong and we have an unbelievable result.  I wonder how many hearing the team news put their coats back in the closet. 

We deserved to win, unfortunately Gordon is a weak link. Everyone else played well. Keltjaens is definitely an upgrade on Brown. I can see the use of Kimpioka to stretch the game, and Mitov's kicking changed when he came on to play into that. The three in midfield were very effective, allowing Carey to be a bit more creative. Both VAR decisions were very soft, but I can see why they were given. When Clark is back I think that's probably our strongest line up

Just now, Linky said:

We deserved to win, unfortunately Gordon is a weak link. Everyone else played well. Keltjaens is definitely an upgrade on Brown. I can see the use of Kimpioka to stretch the game, and Mitov's kicking changed when he came on to play into that. The three in midfield were very effective, allowing Carey to be a bit more creative. Both VAR decisions were very soft, but I can see why they were given. When Clark is back I think that's probably our strongest line up

I think when we have Sprangler Phillips and Smith on the pitch we actually look like a football team.

Keltjens look like a good player. Carey blew hot and cold. Liam Gordon gives his all but he’s just a bit of a liability.