• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nairn Saint
Don't know about John Brown being a bigot, but he looks the sort :wink:

... he spun round and asked what level of football I played... QUOTE]

Brown's level was about knee height!

• 2 weeks later...
It's glass half-full or half-empty though. I prefer to look at it as we've only lost two out of our nineteen competitive matches.

Aye, well that's why Saints are in trouble - acceptance of draws.

If you wanted to take it further a team could have gone undefeated all last season with 36 draws, 36 points. Airdrie went down with 40 points Ross County with 37.

Draws are pish, winning is what it's all about.

Aye, well that's why Saints are in trouble - acceptance of draws.

If you wanted to take it further a team could have gone undefeated all last season with 36 draws, 36 points. Airdrie went down with 40 points Ross County with 37.

Draws are pish, winning is what it's all about.

Of course we've had too many draws and DMcI may have had to re-assess his initial observation that we're only a few players short but when we draw games and our three losses have all been by one goal, it does show we aren't all that far away from turning things around. There would be a far bigger concern if we were losing games by two or three goals, like all the sides below us in the league are.

People are bemoaning the fact the bond between the players and fans seems to have evaporated but even last season the real passion emanated from just two players, the club captain and the midfield talisman. Hamilton didn't make many changes over the summer but they got their rock at the back (McLaughlin) back from injury and Alex Neil too has been injury-free and back to form. I genuinely believe if we'd had James and Hardie for the whole season, a lot of those draws would have been turned into wins. That's not excusing the poor win record but when we have everyone available, as we hopefully will next month, added to a few astute signings from the manager, we'll pick up. It'll be too late for this season barring a miracle but he's talking about getting the guys he wants to retain signed up now so hopefully we won't have the same situation as last summer, where we were hampered by not knowing what division we were going to be in. If Dundee and Accies level peg it until April, I'd suggest the loser will suffer like we've done this season as both sides will lose players if they fail to get promoted and in Dundee's case, their budget will be cut.

Long posts are a bugger, so I won't write any more!

• 8 months later...
It could have been worse so lets give the guy a chance

Be it on Geoffs head.I just hope to god Del gets a good start because if 5 or 6 games down the line we aint doing the business he,s gonna start getting slaughtered.We know there are a few out there who will get stuck into him after 1 or 2 games if we're pish, but I believe that the majority of fans whilst not exactly salivating at the appointment will give the new gaffer there full backing.First line up will be intresting???

SO good luck Derek, good luck Geoff and and lets hope they take us to

Infinity ....And Beyond

Come on you Saints....

What I said back then....

well lets see if he is indeed a first division manager now. Terrible start to the season, failure to secure a left back is also highly worrying.

team confidence must be rock bottom after 4 league games, i dont think he knows his best team as yet so will be character building for a manager to say the least to get some positive results.

I remember laughing at Dunfermline last season with their not so impressive start. (Kenny was given to December) I guess we are now the team being laughed at now, and the finger points at mciness. Only he can turn it around, however it is only natural to doubt whether he has the talent too?

It must be soul destroying for a manager ... any manager... to watch a side he has assembled play as poorly as Saints have done since the season began.

I'd like to think Derek is hurting ... and the players are hurting enough to want to put things right as quickly as possible . They should be fired up - really fired up to make amends for this awful performance and I definitely expect to see a huge improvement in attitude and desire as well as performance in the next few matches........

The next 4 or 5 games are now absolutely crucial as far as promotion is concerned so lets get behind the manager and the team and hope they can come back out in our next game with all guns blazing !

It must be soul destroying for a manager ... any manager... to watch a side he has assembled play as poorly as Saints have done since the season began.

I'd like to think Derek is hurting ... and the players are hurting enough to want to put things right as quickly as possible . They should be fired up - really fired up to make amends for this awful performance and I definitely expect to see a huge improvement in attitude and desire as well as performance in the next few matches........

The next 4 or 5 games are now absolutely crucial as far as promotion is concerned so lets get behind the manager and the team and hope they can come back out in our next game with all guns blazing !

Were you at the game last week???If they weren,t hurting after that shite what makes you think it will be any different this week

• 1 year later...