Fresh Optimism

Hazel1884

Or is it restored faith?

After a complete downer over Christmas and New Year and having the opinion of our season being 'over' by 7th of January being out of both, and St Mirren looking to have 'run away with the league' i now find myself waking up to read the sunday papers and having a belief and enthusiasm that we can catch the Murn!

It's been like a different team the past few games - and long may it continue. The form of Mensing and Anderson has been a great improvement. Hopefully others will take notice and improve there game as well. They are working as a unit now, few things still needing ironed out, but have they finally realised it's a team game and not an individual thing? Mention to Jasan on this point! :wink:

We still have Brechin to overcome, but if we win it - which we should....St Mirren can only lose this, and if we can beat them at McDiarmid then it's "GAME ON!!!!!"

Mon the Saints!!!! 8)

Or is it restored faith?

After a complete downer over Christmas and New Year and having the opinion of our season being 'over' by 7th of January being out of both, and St Mirren looking to have 'run away with the league' i now find myself waking up to read the sunday papers and having a belief and enthusiasm that we can catch the Murn!

It's been like a different team the past few games - and long may it continue. The form of Mensing and Anderson has been a great improvement. Hopefully others will take notice and improve there game as well. They are working as a unit now, few things still needing ironed out, but have they finally realised it's a team game and not an individual thing? Mention to Jasan on this point! :wink:

We still have Brechin to overcome, but if we win it - which we should....St Mirren can only lose this, and if we can beat them at McDiarmid then it's "GAME ON!!!!!"

Mon the Saints!!!! 8)

GAME ON INDEED :!: next 2 games are so vital

I just hope we can start doing something at home! Apart from home form being fairly poor i wish we could get behind the team for the majority of a match - i know it's hard when things aren't going the right way but we need to drown out moaners! :lol:

We really need to start getting behind the team, and encourage them on to win - too many times you will only hear the East Stand moaners, not the East Stand Mafia! :wink::lol::wink:

should we beat brechin next week, the st.mirren game is a last chance to do something. would the club be likely to cut the price of admission to ensure a big crowd?

NO!

I do not forsee the club doing this. We will get a good support that day anyway, and we make our money out of the Dundee games.

So just charge the ignorant and obnoxious Buddies usual prices and allow them to moan about it!!!

Why is it that some people aleays want something for nothing?

The team are doing ok so people feel the urge to beg for price reductions........

The football club is a business,if my work dropped its prices cos we are doing well

we wouldnt be doing well for long

listen mate i aint begging. i'm a fully paid up season ticket holder. just think it could be a chance to get some fans back for a big game.

Feeling the same myself . :)

I reckon a wee bit of the door has opened again after feeling like it was shut at new year. If we can get the lead down to single figures there's still plenty games left to turn it round. The 2 signings we make this week(???) could be very important for the final push.

Got to be positive about the next 2 games and see what happens.

Mon the Saints - Get Right Intae them

Biggest game of the season so far coming up on Saturday. Last few home games have been dissapointing but the players confidence levels must be high after the last two games so hopefully it will be a different story on Saturday.Think Coyle has finally got it through to his team that they have to work harder than their opponents and want to win more than their opponents and when they do this then the quality of player weve got shines through.Brechin will come to Perth with nothing to lose, hoping to frustrate Saints , get the crowds on their backs and hopefully hit us on the counter attack. The supporters have a big part to play on Saturday, lets get right behind them from the first whistle, if things are not going to plan then thats when we need to show patience and encourage the team rather than get on their backs.Do do this though you need 100% commitment from your team but after the Gretna game hopefully this wont be a problem. Lets concentrate on Saturdays game only and start to think about the St Mirren game only after the three points are won on Saturday.

Going by the form book we should overcome Brechin next Saturday no problems (come on gotta be confident against a team with amongst the worse record in the UK), and if Ross County can take something from Love Street it certainly sets us up for a season maker or breaker on the 11 Feb at McD. We just gotta hope that unlike whats being happening in 'big' home games in recent seasons that we remember to turn up, surely we're due to win one of them, why not this one. Plus St Mirren have yet to go through their sticky spell and are by no means the team Falkirk were last season, I can almost hear their supporters arses beginning to twitch over on P & B although they'd be a pains to admit it.

Ideal and a quite possible scenario for me, Saints 4 Brechin 0

St Mirren 1 Ross County 1.

We proceed to win on the 11th and the point difference is cut to 5, most certainly game on.

I do think however we could do with a couple of signing prior to the end of January, but not just ones for the sake of making signings (ala Robert Sloan), we need ones who are as good or better than current players.

So many ifs and buts just now... but I'm far more confident now that we can at least make the gap between ourselves and St mirren respectable at the end of the season. We still have some VERY tricky away days to come - county, hamilton, dundee, st mirren being the main ones IMO - but if we can play like we have done at times this season then there's no reason why we can't pick up atleast 10 points from those 4 games.

Think we've got to go all out to win the league this season in all honesty. Next season we'll have Gretna to cope with as well as the usual suspects at the top this season.

If county can beat them on saturday and they win they're game in hand... They could end up catching them also. It'll certainly be a test of St Mirren's bottle in the next few weeks.

not given up hope yet....KEEP THE FAITH...lucky enough to miss the gretna carry on.but cant wait or brechin on sat

so my message to rest of div 1,bring every thing you have and more because

WERE KEEPING THE FAITH HERE

look on the bright side :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: YA DEE SCUM :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

well said mr bear. bear knows his stuff :twisted:

not given up hope yet....KEEP THE FAITH...lucky enough to miss the gretna carry on.but cant wait or brechin on sat

so my message to rest of div 1,bring every thing you have and more because

WERE KEEPING THE FAITH HERE

look on the bright side :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: YA DEE SCUM :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

like mr bear says as always keep the faith and always look on the bright side.you never know............

Game on indeed. I think County can do us a favour on Sat against the Midden and hopefully we can beat Brechin..........Gap down to 7pts.

Then if we can beat the Midden on the 11th of Feb........Gap down to 4pts and we still have to play them again.

At the start of April the Midden have 2 tough games against County and Dundee, we play Brechin and QOS those weeks, so lets hope we are still be 4pts behind when those games are played at the start of April.

I totally believe we can catch them!

So everyone get behind the team and KEEP THE FAITH!

I would love to be optimistic but there is one thing we are overlooking here. When we play easy teams, Midden play the likes of County & Airdrie. However, when we play the likes of County & Airdrie (who we cant beat) they play the easy teams. It just so happens that we have a couple of easy games at the moment (sorry, games we are expected to win). The big test comes when we play County, Dundee, St Mirren - none of whom we have beaten. If we start winning those games, I will be optimistic but until then I will stay realistic and say we still need 3 more players - were only just covering the cracks at the moment.

I would love to be optimistic but there is one thing we are overlooking here. When we play easy teams, Midden play the likes of County & Airdrie. However, when we play the likes of County & Airdrie (who we cant beat) they play the easy teams. It just so happens that we have a couple of easy games at the moment (sorry, games we are expected to win). The big test comes when we play County, Dundee, St Mirren - none of whom we have beaten. If we start winning those games, I will be optimistic but until then I will stay realistic and say we still need 3 more players - were only just covering the cracks at the moment.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Stay off my thread, no pessimism!!! :roll::wink:

Yes, we maybe are in a few 'easy' games but Clyde wasn't, Stranraer are a stuffy side and we had failed to beat them on two previous attempts but we did it this time. And hopefully, Brechin will be another scalp.

It's not just the result, it's the level of performance improving too! Mon the Saints!!!

Saved me the bother of typing there Broon

It will take a lot more than a win against an inconsistent, cup hung over Clyde and Stranraer to get my hopes up.

When we start beating teams like County, Dundee, St Mirren etc then come back and see me.

At the momnet we have the 'easy' games come the St Mirren game which sees us back into the harder fixtures I predict a re run of christmas

Keeping the faith but optimism shipped out and left long ago

Why are so many people sounding down and glum. As hazel said Clyde and Stranraer away are not exactly easy games and we have picked up 6pts. Yeh i know we have some hard games comming up but we are going into them if we manage to beat Brechin with 3 straight wins. That could just spur the players on and get us though the tough games, who knows.

So come on guys.....untill its impossible for us to win the league there is every chance we can still win it and i think everyone should be thinking the same....C`mon Saints!

Its great being optimistic - but there is nothing wrong with being realistic. We have only won one game this season that made me think we were capable of winning the league (Hamilton 5-1). Our repeated failure to beat County, Dundee, St Mirren makes me think we cant win the league. I'll say this, if we had not won our last two league games Coyle would be getting dogs abuse on here for not making a signing yet! Funny how things change :).

Anyway, I'll be there on saturday expecting a good win and I'll be there agianst St Mirren hoping for a good win. Nothing wrong with that.

See below where our points have come from this year and the reason my cup is slightly half empty right now. I dont see the form changing drastically. I hope it does

.....................played........Points

QOS.................3................9

Clyde...............3................7

Brechin.............2...............6

Hamilton...........2...............6

Stranraer..........3...............5

Airdrie..............3...............3

Dundee.............3...............2

County..............3...............2

St Mirren...........2...............1