Two Out...

Saintkev

What does that mean?

You want Saints to lose out?!

And who are the others we regret losing?

Do you take everything out of context? :shock:

Please, i want him to do well, and prove some doubters wrong. He's got the ability, so why not have hope for him??

Yet youngsters are not always getting a fair crack at the whip!

John Rankin, Sean Higgins, Graeme Smith....

Please, i want him to do well, yet youngsters are not always getting a fair crack at the whip!

John Rankin, Sean Higgins....

I'm sure everyone wants him to do well, I certainly do, nice guy, hard worker, Saintee to boot.

At the age we released those two, you have to go with a handful of players, and obviously they were judged not to be as good as others we kept on... and at that age it's very hard to judge... not an easy job. The issue I have is getting the youths from being good at under age to first team or reserve players!

Owen Coyle said of Stevie McManus, “Stevie is a lovely lad and he goes with our best wishes. He needs to play regularly and I think the move to Montrose may well be a step down the leagues which will lead to a step back up in the future. He looked to be breaking through around a year ago but over the course of that year we have brought in better players to the Club . how is the beter players like John Henry he is a waste of time and money :x

I would guess so Nick... If not Glennon, then he's got another goalie lined up I'd say.

Bound to be a boost for Cuthbert too... If we don't get a goalie for saturday, it means we're relying on cuthbert, which surely shows Owen has great confidence in his ability

With Paston going, we really need to make sure that the next experienced goalkeeper we sign, whether its Glennon or someone else, is good enough to establish himself here for the long term. For such an important position, we seem to have ended up signing a new goalkeeper virtually every six months since Alan Main left, and for me this can't go on.

I do believe Kev is on top form and a great keeper but i am slightly worried Paston went before we got another keeper in. What happens if the Glennon move goes titts up and we are only left with Cuthbert. When does the transfer window close.

I do believe Kev is on top form and a great keeper but i am slightly worried Paston went before we got another keeper in. What happens if the Glennon move goes titts up and we are only left with Cuthbert. When does the transfer window close.

Transfer window closes at midnight next tuesday.

the cat is No 1

I agree that Cuthbert should be the No.1 - his performances in the last few months have been nothing short of outstanding, and he certainly does not deserve to be dropped. However I just can't see Glennon leaving Falkirk and coming to Saints, where he'll be earning less money, to sit on the bench. If its Glennon that's signed, then I'd expect him to be the No.1 keeper.

I imagine if he wants to use the rehab facilities the club would allow that (like they offered Scott Paterson) but I'd guess he'll want to move back down south.

What's the chances of seeing Paterson in a Saintees strip next season? On the one hand, it would constitute a massive gamble; on the other, we're almost unanimous that they guy was class. He can't have too many offers/options so a month to month contract is surely a possibility :?:

• 1 month later...

He's still recovering from his injury AFAIK. I'm sure Steve said a few weeks ago he was back in Livingwell watching TV all day!

He's still in rehab and was in Livingwell last week I think it was :?

Saints have a policy of allowing out of contract the use of facilities etc to get them fit again with Paterson also enjoying the benefit of Saints generosity. The only player AFAIK not to appreciate it was Allan Ferguson, who chose to slag off Saints a few years back when they released him while he was injured