Dunfermline Athletic vs. Saints 19/01/08

dan the saint

Wot would be ur team 2 play Dunfermline on saturday.Mines is the same team that played last nite.

Main, Irvine, Stanic, Rutkiewicz McCaffrey, Moon , MacDonald, Craig, Sheerin, Jackson, Milne

Subs: Anderson ,McManus ,Weatherston ,Daal, Cuthbert

these are the games we have play them so far

Sun 2 Sep 2007 Dunfermline Ath V Saints Drew 0-0

Sat 10 Nov 2007 Saints V Dunfermline Ath Drew 0-0

Sun 25 Nov 2007 (Ch Cup Final) Saints V Dunfermline Ath Won 3-2

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wot would be ur team 2 play Dunfermline on saturday.Mines is the same team that played last nite.

Main, Irvine, Stanic, Rutkiewicz McCaffrey, Moon , MacDonald, Craig, Sheerin, Jackson, Milne

Subs: Anderson ,McManus ,Weatherston ,Daal, Cuthbert

these are the games we have play them so far

Sun 2 Sep 2007 Dunfermline Ath V Saints Drew 0-0

Sat 10 Nov 2007 Saints V Dunfermline Ath Drew 0-0

Sun 25 Nov 2007 (Ch Cup Final) Saints V Dunfermline Ath Won 3-2

Following on from your selection dan. I'd have McManus on for Rusti who IMO had a shocker last night and Weatherston on for Peaso. Dont get me wrong I think Peaso is a great player but its skill rather than pace and by the time he utilises his skill i.e. he stops the run skins the man and then starts the run again, the defence have had the opportunity to get back. Peaso in the winger slot doesnt do the man justice. As always I'd have the Cat on before Main but Main did earn his salt against Raith so fair play to him.

We better put on a better show than we did against Raith or the 0-0 scenario will continue or worse still a Dunfy on the up and up could put the league completely out of the equation for this season.

If all are fit then I would want to go with the same starting 11 as against RR. If we need to change it at the back we have Ando and McManus as cover and if required they will come in and do a good job. Bad news regarding McBreen but again we have plenty options up front so I'm not that concerned.

Big game though and we must not lose any stupid goals , as if we do we'll get turned over.Solid at the back gives us every chance of coming away with all the points and I amconfident that we can do it.

Bad news is I,m doing a job for someone on Saturday so I,m not going to make the game but I,m not going to start till 5 pm so at least I can follow it on here....We can do it!!!!!!!!!

There's not a team like the Perth St.Johnstone.........

Early team news from Tay FM:

New signings Daniel McBreen and Stuart McCaffrey will not play for St Johnstone at Dunfermline on Saturday. McBreen will undergo a knee operation tomorrow while McCaffrey is to have a scan on a leg injury he picked up during Tuesday night's Scottish Cup win over Raith. Kevin Rutkiewicz who was also forced off against Rovers should be available for the weekend.

I would go with a similar line up to Tuesday with McManus replacing McCaffrey.

Assuming James is not yet fit.

Assuming Hardie isn't fit yet either I'd go for the same midfield.

Up front I'd stick with Jackson, Milne and Peaso.

Not 100% convinced that Peaso is our best option out wide but he has more experience than Weatherston and I think this will be a tough game.

I'd definitely want to give Weatherston at least half an hour though, easpecially when the Pars defence are starting to tire.

If Jackson is having an off day play him straight through the middle or otherwise play him out wide again.

Looking forward to this game, two team who are playing well at the moment, should be a few goals in this one.

Anybody else not convinced with Peaso on the right, he looks like a fish out of water most of the time I think.

Disapointed in Peaso on Tuesday. He can play, & wins a lot of balls in the air ,especially for his height but he is too gready & i lost count of the times he tried take on one man too many when an easy defence splitting pass was on. Didn`t look intereseted on Tuesday but I would probably start with him on Saturday seeing as Dan is unfit & bring on Weatherston in second half.

Trust Dunfermline to hit form when we are wanting to keep our run going. Shame about McCaffrey he looks good, hopefully his leg scan will show nothing. He did have a bad injury at Inverness. I'll go with a similar midfield/attack and have Irvine, Anderson, McManus/Ruti, Stanic at the back.

Guest Nairn Saint

I have a feeling this will be a good game but I'd settle for a rubbish game and a narrow Saints victory. Del's biggest test to date and an interesting battle of wits between two fledgeling managers.