Ticket Sales

bluesaint

I posted this on P&B but it's the total number of national semi-finals played by every team over the past couple of decades, not taking account of the Thistle vs Rangers replay:

St Johnstone - 7

What is the exact timeframe on this Radford as I reckon we have been to 8 in the last twenty years;

Scottish Cup (5) - 88/89, 90/91, 98/99, 06/07, 07/08

League Cup (3) - 91/92, 98/99, 06/07

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the exact timeframe on this Radford as I reckon we have been to 8 in the last twenty years;

Scottish Cup (5) - 88/89, 90/91, 98/99, 06/07, 07/08

League Cup (3) - 91/92, 98/99, 06/07

Aarrgghh!

My total is 159, excluding Rangers vs Partick so someone has been given Saints' extra semi-final.

Guessed it would be Rangers and a quick check shows that I've unforgivably given our semi-final to them and no doubt sent the paranoid Celtic fans into overdrive by putting Rangers one ahead of them! Both Old Firm sides should be on 25 and Saints should be on eight.

Original post ammended!

Aarrgghh!

My total is 159, excluding Rangers vs Partick so someone has been given Saints' extra semi-final.

Guessed it would be Rangers and a quick check shows that I've unforgivably given our semi-final to them and no doubt sent the paranoid Celtic fans into overdrive by putting Rangers one ahead of them! Both Old Firm sides should be on 25 and Saints should be on eight.

Original post ammended!

Was just pointing it out to once again highlight our rampant superiority over St.Midden - the third biggest team in Scotland remember :roll:

It is a pretty impressive record, just a pity we have only managed to win one of them.

They've both reached the semi-finals on thirteen occasions and have been paired together seven times. So, to be fair, it is about right.

As I also pointed out on P&B, when both Rangers and Saints have reached the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup (four occasions), we've always been paired with them. That's not so fair!

Aarrgghh!

Original post ammended!

semi final replay in 89 would make it nine in a round about way radford

We certainly have had tough draws of late. Three semi-finals in the last two years.

First one we could have had Killie, Falkirk or Hibs - Hibs being the top in terms of league position. We got Hibs.

Next up was Celtic, Hibs or Dunfermline. We got Celtic.

This time Aberdeen, Queen of the South or Partick/Rangers - we got Partick/Rangers which has potential to be the toughest.

Despite the rarity of the occasion for QoS I still find it depressing that their total ticket sale is likely to be double what ours is.:(

Wouldn't compare our fan base with anyones as we know we don't have great quantity . jus makes you wonder where all these queens fans are every week though-when you look at the size of perth and and our max fanbase then our av. game ratio can't be that bad!

I don't agree with all this "we're getting too used to semi's " - Theres still penty of time to purchase tickets and i think we will take as many as did last year unless it's thistle as the chance of putting out the o.f is a bigger lure to some.(how many did we take to hampden last year and was it round about 14000 we took to Parkhead for our final against the ****?)

not me, my mate got me 2 tickets - one for myself, and one for my ipswich supporting flatmate - we've agreed he'll come to the semi and i'll go to the play-offs with him IF ipswich make it.

With QOS winning today i think we have NOTHING to fear. in fact if partick beat the gers - we'll be favourites!!!!!!

only a few tickets have been sold, official site reporting 3500 as at Monday 14th.

I dont think we can ever moan about allocations again, this is woeful!

totally agree dave, but we can only hope for so much as for queens is was there 1st semi final in 50 odd years was always gonna be massive for them, and well done to them as well i personally never seen that coming! i am sure if it was other way about we defo would have taken 10,000+ to hampden, but now that we know who we are playing after plastic whistle lost yesterday boo :( . I am sure that the media coverage this week will ad a bit of hype and there will also be a few fans who havent bought tickets yet who will do so this week, i am hoping we get at least the 5100 we had last year. We can do our bit and give the boys loud backing which am sure we will anyway:) looking foward to it..... COME ON THE SAINTEES!!!!!!!!! :)

Just got ours,i`m sure they`ll be a last minute rush.Can`t see why they can`t have a section for pay at the gate if it obviously isn`t going to be a sell out

Because the people who run the game in Scotland and the police area bunch of backwards thinking morons who are obsessed with 'elf & safety and don't give a monkeys about the fans .......And it,s the sensible thing to do ,so they do the fecking opposite.Twats......:x:x:x

Rant over....