Random Thoughts

soulfulsaint

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye mind of all that .didnt we all have a braw time in the 80's.

terracing

the skipping rope segragation at airdrie

getting a ladder from a back garden at east stirling and climbing in

tutties neuk

the bridge at easter road

nae stewards

2-0 at ayr ayr feck yer ayr with 4 -5000 fans,merrydown,early morning trains,all the lads from years ago and singapore saint with his shorts on,leeds united,goin to shrewsbury via blackpool.last game at muirton.red chords,friar tuck.the seasons in div 2.wullie brown ,cowdenbeath balavage getting sent off for hooking a dude,losing 4-3 there.2-0 ibrox,4-3 dens,new years day games,billy piries a poof.starks park ,links park,boghead,kilbowie ,hawick royal albert,berwick polis wie funny hats,winding up away fans and the home supporters when away.alex rennie,toblerones,pint of milk,yellow kiosk.minibuses.spray paint .skinheads,casuals,hitching to games,train toilet rolls.braw.

Aye we had a whale of a time.....Does all this reminiscing make us a couple of old foggies.

Dmc chucking yon boys bike into the sea at Kirkaldy. Me, Spinz, Gerg and Toni getting chucked oot of a reserve game for climbing down from the stand and draping that huge Saltire over a barrier in the shed and singing oor heeds aff.You getting your heed kicked in at Dens. We were a bit naughty.:oops:

Aye we had a whale of a time.....Does all this reminiscing make us a couple of old foggies.

Dmc chucking yon boys bike into the sea at Kirkaldy. Me, Spinz, Gerg and Toni getting chucked oot of a reserve game for climbing down from the stand and draping that huge Saltire over a barrier in the shed and singing oor heeds aff.You getting your heed kicked in at Dens. We were a bit naughty.:oops:

yep we were well naughty what a hoot.

another reserve game v dundee when we had a massive choir at muirton giving billy pirie dogs abuse.cant remember if he was even playing.the dust rising from the aggro shed whenever saints scored.hitching to games.walking to dundee from perth.night games.the choir.hopin the reminiscing helps the young saints ,but times have changed.the pubs the slaggin ,hiring buses,inflatables at games.rothes ,john sludden,tam mcneill,john weir.aye jim morton goal fae a corner at brockville.cabbie bar,the carousel,brogie 5 goals at falkirk.the tunnel under the stand at starks park,the band stand at stranraer.

When I hear Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge over troubled water" it reminds me of standing in Muirton when I was a kid.

When I hear "Reach Out (I'll Be There)" by The Four Tops it reminds me of going to McDiarmid when I was younger.

"Good afternoon, sports fans!" :D

Segration fence at dunfries and the game where a fight broke out and when the dust had settled the pie q was slightly to queens end.

I decided i was going for a pie and was on way to get it when a queens fan wearing a blue boiler suit and would you believe a crash hemet, with the visor up , he says"whaur you going ye saints cnut" or words to that effect! i said "im going for a pie" he turned to look me straight in the face, and said" yull need to get past me first then ya tube" to rapturus applause from spectating saints fans, i nutted him firmly between the eyes and went and got my pie, walked past him on the way back and gave him another kick!! pure class:.

Dressed as a gorrilla at stranraer on the pitch before the game, at half time kicking the ball about with the subs, getting banannas chucked at me, and the look on the wiffies face in the shop on the way there,when a big fukcn gorilla walked in and cleaned her oot oh nannas.:

Getting steaming in blackpool and watching saints play man u reserves at the cliff training ground and watching the late george gordon roll doon the hill !!!:

singing " alex tottens barmy army" non stop at berwick:

singing "walk on "non stop at easter road:

Knocking the cops funny hat off at berwick, and only getting a chin wagging for it :

jumping up and down on the tables in the thistle and packing it out with singing saints fans when we beat hearts to the first division title:

Being chased through the brewery on the way back to the buses at tynecastle:

Aberdeen paying for the segregation fence at muirton to play us in a cup tie

Leaving perth on the city link bus at 9am for a 7.30pm ko

and hitting what seemed every pub in the city arriving at the ground and the cop saying to my mate"your mates a bit drunk , take him for a wee walk before i let you in " after several "walks" getting in and then spewing in the guy in front of his parka hood:

Going all the way up to aberdeen and losing the game 3-0 when its abandoned due to a heavy snow storm:

Drew rutherfords sliding tackles:

I had a flat above ian duffs sports shop in the high street , gerry crawley lived above me:

Working at a delapetated muirton with willie brown and charlie adam and getting ratted on free drink at "lunch"time:

Getting chased round muirton park on the same scheme as above, for cleaning my paint brushes on the side of the pitch:

Willie brown blowing the inside out of an old pensioners eggs in his message bag and placing them back in the box:

.Lock in the saints club till 4 in the morning when we beat the scottish cup holders st.midden in there own back yard in the skol cup:

I love Cappielow- completely derelict ground which has marble effect flooring in the corridor underneath the away end- the worst bogs in Scottish football which flood whenever the urinals flush and a massive dilapidated warehouse which has full grown trees poking out from INSIDE it!

THE WILLIE ORMOND MEMORIAL SAINTS AWAY CLUB(WOMSAC):

Playing at muirton for the willie ormond memorial saints away club versus the saints away club:

the womsac proramme, very early seeds of wendy who fanzine:

I have a WOMSAC programme kicking about somewhere...ahead of its time!!

we played stenny away once and you could watch the game whilst having a slash in the gents.the toilet wall was only a few feet high.have we ever won there apart fae a friendly match that we climbed into ?

aye they were stinkin tae, good social club though, cannae mind has winning there in 8/9 visits