Random Thoughts

soulfulsaint

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Peter Noren actually score for Saints? Maybe I am getting him mixed up with Peter Fyhr. His performance at Brockville was the single worst performance by any football player at any level I have ever witnessed.

Noren scored on his one and only Saints appearance, a 3-0 victory over Stranraer. I can't remember who the other scorers were that day although I think perhaps one was George O'Boyle.

I have visited 45 different scottish grounds:

I have still to visit 4 grounds in competitive games:(elgin,dumbarton,east stirling and annan ath.)

Kilbowie, shawfield,broomfield,raydale,bayview,recreation park,anfield,boghead, meadowbank, firs park, and of course muirton park ,no longer exist

I used to hate going to broomfield (terrible record there)

I used to enjoy going to anfield:

Despite Bill Barr constucting several new scottish grounds he never got around to developing his own somerset park::

Clydebank,Airdrieonians,meadowbank and gretna have died since i started watching football:

My favoutite away ground is starks park:

My favourite away day is a trip up to dingwall on the lash:

I hate going to broadwood, cold horrible place, with no decent boozers near by.:

I saw the great johnny brogan score five goals in one game at brockville:

I have seen the late great don mcvicar score from 45/50 yards at meadowbank:

I was in the crowd at eaststirling when the crowd was around 110: Mysaints tattoo has featured on sportscene:

My picture was in the centre pages of the daily record , when they did the hard hats feature when mcd was being built:

I have held up the cards on stage for the feature ,in a live on the ball show:

I was at the live off the ball show at the city hall for roddys testimonial:

I have also been to an off the ball show at the old jeanfield club:

I used to have a piece of muirton park turf in my old garden:

I still have a bar stool from the old club under the stand:

I still have a pint glass from the old centenary club:

My stair way from top to bottom is a shrine to st.johnstone:

I have well over a thousand old saints programmes:

Ihave 2 of the muirton park1924/89 badges:

I have the very old supporters club badge from the sixties:

I was at the ce tenary dinner at dunblane hydro on the 26th nov 1989:

Andy cameron came on stage at that event wearing a half celtic half rangers top(TOOL)

Every guest that night had a beautifull saints centenary paper weight at there place:

Bizarley the sponsors table left them behind:

A mate and me took about half a dozen each and gave them to friends(bet they are worth a bob or two on e bay these days)

I have one left:

I spilt gloss paint all over the floor of the main stand at muirton 4 hours before a reserve game:

I heard the news that geoff brown had taken over saints in the stranraer social club:

I remember the st.johstone aid club in methven st.

The scaramouche used to be called the st.johnstoon tavern:

I played my first game of space invaders in there:

The bandit in the saints club under the stand used to be ten pence a shot and you had to que up for a turn 10p at a time , no hogging in these days:

Ive got to go now, but more later:

I have visited 45 different scottish grounds:

I have still to visit 4 grounds in competitive games:(elgin,dumbarton,east stirling and annan ath.)

Kilbowie, shawfield,broomfield,raydale,bayview,recreation park,anfield,boghead, meadowbank, firs park, and of course muirton park ,no longer exist

I used to hate going to broomfield (terrible record there)

I used to enjoy going to anfield:

Despite Bill Barr constucting several new scottish grounds he never got around to developing his own somerset park::

Clydebank,Airdrieonians,meadowbank and gretna have died since i started watching football:

My favoutite away ground is starks park:

My favourite away day is a trip up to dingwall on the lash:

I hate going to broadwood, cold horrible place, with no decent boozers near by.:

I saw the great johnny brogan score five goals in one game at brockville:

I have seen the late great don mcvicar score from 45/50 yards at meadowbank:

I was in the crowd at eaststirling when the crowd was around 110: Mysaints tattoo has featured on sportscene:

My picture was in the centre pages of the daily record , when they did the hard hats feature when mcd was being built:

I have held up the cards on stage for the feature ,in a live on the ball show:

I was at the live off the ball show at the city hall for roddys testimonial:

I have also been to an off the ball show at the old jeanfield club:

I used to have a piece of muirton park turf in my old garden:

I still have a bar stool from the old club under the stand:

I still have a pint glass from the old centenary club:

My stair way from top to bottom is a shrine to st.johnstone:

I have well over a thousand old saints programmes:

Ihave 2 of the muirton park1924/89 badges:

I have the very old supporters club badge from the sixties:

I was at the ce tenary dinner at dunblane hydro on the 26th nov 1989:

Andy cameron came on stage at that event wearing a half celtic half rangers top(TOOL)

Every guest that night had a beautifull saints centenary paper weight at there place:

Bizarley the sponsors table left them behind:

A mate and me took about half a dozen each and gave them to friends(bet they are worth a bob or two on e bay these days)

I have one left:

I spilt gloss paint all over the floor of the main stand at muirton 4 hours before a reserve game:

I heard the news that geoff brown had taken over saints in the stranraer social club:

I remember the st.johstone aid club in methven st.

The scaramouche used to be called the st.johnstoon tavern:

I played my first game of space invaders in there:

The bandit in the saints club under the stand used to be ten pence a shot and you had to que up for a turn 10p at a time , no hogging in these days:

Ive got to go now, but more later:

Didn't the Scaramouche used to have a well inside the pub when it first opened? Or am I hallucinating again?

I played for the st Johnstone SC FC under12's and we got humped in every game before we disbanded half way through the season...the worst was 25-0 drubbing by North muirton, we were run by a guy from Scone called Jock and he came out to blairgowrie to pick us up in an old mini bus.

we used to change in a bar just round from the north inch playing fields...

Gala Fairydean fans with 16 hole doc martins, rolling a police car.

30 saints fans in a 3 cells in Stirling nick ( and we weren't even playing there) singing Saints songs

Specky at Falkirk getting thrown out 3 times in one game.

The segregation at Brockville. A net an eight foot gap and another net

Throwing pies through the netting at east end park and trying not to get yer head kicked in if you went to the pie shop at the back of the shed.

Singing there's a train at Starks park evey time one went passed. There were hunners of them.

Windy day at Arbroath where Tulloch had to tip his own kick-out over the bar.

Unscrewing the light bulbs on the train and then launching them at the leaving reception we used to get every time we went to Dens.

Going to East stirling and kicking the big gate which promptly open and we all piled in.

Gala Fairydean fans with 16 hole doc martins, rolling a police car.

30 saints fans in a 3 cells in Stirling nick ( and we weren't even playing there) singing Saints songs

Specky at Falkirk getting thrown out 3 times in one game.

The segregation at Brockville. A net an eight foot gap and another net

Throwing pies through the netting at east end park and trying not to get yer head kicked in if you went to the pie shop at the back of the shed.

Singing there's a train at Starks park evey time one went passed. There were hunners of them.

Windy day at Arbroath where Tulloch had to tip his own kick-out over the bar.

Unscrewing the light bulbs on the train and then launching them at the leaving reception we used to get every time we went to Dens.

Going to East stirling and kicking the big gate which promptly open and we all piled in.

aye mind of all that .didnt we all have a braw time in the 80's.

terracing

the skipping rope segragation at airdrie

getting a ladder from a back garden at east stirling and climbing in

tutties neuk

the bridge at easter road

nae stewards

2-0 at ayr ayr feck yer ayr with 4 -5000 fans,merrydown,early morning trains,all the lads from years ago and singapore saint with his shorts on,leeds united,goin to shrewsbury via blackpool.last game at muirton.red chords,friar tuck.the seasons in div 2.wullie brown ,cowdenbeath balavage getting sent off for hooking a dude,losing 4-3 there.2-0 ibrox,4-3 dens,new years day games,billy piries a poof.starks park ,links park,boghead,kilbowie ,hawick royal albert,berwick polis wie funny hats,winding up away fans and the home supporters when away.alex rennie,toblerones,pint of milk,yellow kiosk.minibuses.spray paint .skinheads,casuals,hitching to games,train toilet rolls.braw.