Random Thoughts

soulfulsaint

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walker mccoll most record signing at the time breaks leg ,most expensive waste of time.

5-0 v stirling albion,mickey lawson,6-0 on artificial pitch at annfield,7.30 kick offs,pitch invasions,multiple arrests home and away.police segregation,polis horses ,polis dugs,the polis dug wie the long lead that got hit by a slate at falkirk train station.jim storrie.6-4 v clyde away.football programmes,bovril.

waiting outside Muirton for autographs, getting in for free at half time, getting out of Muirton when there was a big crowd, changing ends at half time, running on to the pitch at the end of a game, dogs getting on the pitch, running behind the goal when there was a penalty, these little (disability) cars in grounds,

i seem to remember someone on either team receiving a freekick square in the face and the kick taker getting yellow carded for taking it too early, I get a feeling it may have been the game where Tommy scored 2? or am i making it up completely? its one of those weird random misplaced memories from somewhere!

I believe Paddy and Tommy both scored braces at Tynecastle, in different games. There were quite a few screamers among those four goals.

Ah, you're right, the Paddy game was the season before - thank you Temple archive!.

I seem to remember a game at Tynecastle (possibly the Paddy one) when the Hearts fans had been handing out red cards (bearing the legend '**** off Pie Man' if memory serves) before the game to show to erstwhile chief executive Chris Robinson. We, of course, brandished them at Geoff when he came out only to get a two fingered salute in return.

I seem to remember a game at Tynecastle (possibly the Paddy one) when the Hearts fans had been handing out red cards (bearing the legend '**** off Pie Man' if memory serves) before the game to show to erstwhile chief executive Chris Robinson. We, of course, brandished them at Geoff when he came out only to get a two fingered salute in return.

The red card/annual-Hearts-fans-protest-about-something-or-other/Pieman Must Go game was the one where Paddy scored. I remember we were down the bottom of the Main Stand for that one - I seem to remember it being 0-0 at half-time, then in the second half Paddy reached into his back of tricks and produced a couple of stunnahs.

For the game where Tommy scored his double we were shunted back to our usual spot behind the goal - I clearly remember one of Tommy's goals as being an absolute peach of a volley from a really tight angle.

There aren't that many SPL grounds I'm particularly bothered about us not going to any more, but thinking back I realise I do actually quite miss away days at Tynecastle.