#16 - 08/11/08 - Ross County (h)

saints1989

To be honest, that's probably the lineup Derek will use. And I guess he knows best, who's doing well in training etc. Looking forward to seeing Moon get a full start, though. Hopefully Daal doesn't ram his studs into Mooner's chest. Maybe, if we're lucky, Hardie will throw a sly kick his way.

I think it will be same as Saturday except Swankie for Moon. He prefers the width swankie offers on home soil.......

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not playing. The club have given him 2 weeks off for some reason. Something to do with being tired or an incident with a fan. Who knows.

Souter will be playing I think.

Correct. Anyone who gives 4 to Queens in the Scottish cup Semi is the kind of man I'd like in the opposition goal!

Savo to Score, Sammy to score off the bench. :P

Against Dunfy he looked like a real handful. And did you see his pass which set Savo up in the highlights - the one where, had he squared the ball, we would have scored? IT looked inch-perfect, and when he skipped past the Dunfermline defender he showed that he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve. Savo - Sammo up front with Sherlock benched seems like a tasty idea. That said, they're playing too well together, at the moment, to be broken up. At half-time, if we haven't scored, I'd bring him on. Then maybe bring Morris on, too. I can't wait to hear the reception he gets from the crowd!

Granted I've missed a few games this season, but I struggle to see how our strongest XI can involve dropping arguably our best player. I agree that Craig is better in midfield than at left-back, but given the lack of other options at left-back, and the surplus of other options in midfield, I reckon he'll need to bide his time in that position for the time being. His chance in midfield will come, of course.

From what I've seen of the current team, my line-up for Saturday would be:

________________Main

Irvine_____Rusty_____Caff______Craig

Millar__Jody (if fit and ready?)__Hardie__Wizard

___________Savo___Holmes

...with Moon for Jody if Jody's not quite ready yet.

This looks our best option to me.Jody has to come into the team when fit.Hopefully County don't have a decent right winger so that liam can get forwar

At the risk of starting a Letham fronted backlash, I don't think Sheerin is our best player. I'd like to see some evidence that the team performs significantly worse when he isn't it it. I still think he's a great player, but he's not indispensible.

He's been poor in the last two games. He can't play left midfield with such a pace deficit. That said, he will play a blinder if we're on easy street and he can play deep in centre mid spraying passes about.

Surprised at the clamour to bring Ando in at left back. I thought most on here were happy with Liam at left back? The point that RBB made after last weeks right wing rape, was Del should have known how Dunfermline/Harper would play and should have selected accordingly. Ando blows hot and cold as a full back so the only reason to start him is that we could theoretically switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 during the game:

Main

Irvine-Ruti-Caff-Ando

Millar-Moon-Hardie-Liam

Savo-Homer

Could become

Main

Ruti-Caff-Ando

Millar

Irvine-Moon-Hardie-Liam

Savo-Homer

If Ross County try and pack the midfield and play us off side, a midfield five might over-power them whilst three CBs should cope with Dyron Daal.

I reckon it'll be the 4-4-2 from last week. Personally, I would drop Sheerin and start Swanks. No need to start Jody in this one. Plenty to lose, little to gain.

ACHTUNG! Hardie did take a battering against Dunfermline, he might just miss out.

not going to the game - just want to wish all the saintees going and the team good luck. hope they can pick up the three points. :cool:

Yip, just want add to this by saying, please please try and get some of last weeks atmosphere into the stands today. Think how much of a difference it obviously makes to the players. And selfishly, a win gives me more reason to book a flight for the "Massive North Stand" day v QoS! Cheers!!

Same team for me, assuming Mooner good in training. As said, lots to lose and little to gain by starting with Jody. But expect him to make appearance at some point?

Just about to head off up to the game, dull and cloudy down here, no wind and no rain. Hope it is the same in Perth. When did you last set off for a game when we were top of the league? Puts a whole different presure on supporters and team alike, important that we get a good result today. Would love to see us do a "Hamilton" and "£retna" and leave the others standing!! But it is Saints we're talking about here. Same line up as started last Saturday with the only exception being Moon, depending on his injury. "Come on the Saints"

At the risk of starting a Letham fronted backlash, I don't think Sheerin is our best player. I'd like to see some evidence that the team performs significantly worse when he isn't it it. I still think he's a great player, but he's not indispensible.

"Not indispensible" this is sacrligious these people are infidels - Moderators can you not do something about this bile and filth. Children read this forum, so do old people? This is taking free speech too far.

(Sheerin Jihad, Letham Branch)

"Not indispensible" this is sacrligious these people are infidels - Moderators can you not do something about this bile and filth. Children read this forum, so do old people? This is taking free speech too far.

Is Paul Sheerin your love child, SS?

Is this you on your weekly fishing trip for quotes for the show?:laugh:

Well Saturdays here again and I'm hopeful of a great game today and 3 points for Saints .Weather seems fine at the moment but the forecast is for heavy showers and possibly very strong winds.If this does indeed arrive before kick-off it could make playing conditions very difficult. We did handle these type conditions against Partick well so I,m not overly concerned but you never know. It's going to be a tough game with the added pressure of Saints being league leaders, but we must be able to win these games and handle the pressure if we are to be successful come May. I hope Del sticks with the same 11 as last week but if he does change it, as long as he only tweaks the line-up I,ll be very happy... 3-0 Saints...................

COME ON YOU SAINTS..............................