ORMOND DAY vs QOS 06/12 - Singing and dancing blue and white choir

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the idea is that the away fans are in the main stand (QoS can easilly be accomodated) in the section that they normally get, and the Saints fans use the north stand as a choir stand!

What is the capacity of the north stand?

You obviously dont know Tayside Police ..we are talking about an organisation that stopped a football match taking place because the lighting in the Main stand was flickering !!

I'd definately be up for this (3 season tickets). The club's looking for us to create the 'away atmosphere' at home and I genuinely think this could be the answer. As long as were allowed flags, etc. and they advise the stewards to lay off us!!

Yip, the 'North Stand Massive' day! Bring it on! Another idea that stands out as both exciting and achievable Ginger. You said on another post that you had plenty of ideas for improving atmosphere at home games. . . . keep 'em coming, "The Fans Messiah"!!!

To respond to the initial question, I would definitely come up the road for a one off, "North Stand Massive" home support. As stated, police will provide the main hurdle. Flags etc would provide the 'carnival' atmosphere the media, players and club have been raving about in post match interviews from EEP. However, all singers gathered in one stand behind a goal (as seen in many coninental clubs) would generate twice the volume that a thinly spread choir in the East would, no offence here as I myself head straight for turnstyle 13!

I doubt there are many football fans in the East of Scotland who have not heard about last Saturday. There is real momentum here. McCaffery saying in paper how much of a difference it makes, Derek, GB and others have said the same. We the fans, can blatently make a diffrence to the players performance. Let's really push on now and turn McD into a carnival atmosphere, we've already proved once initiatives like this can be achieved.

I think a "choir area" is definitely necessary if we are to create any sort of atmosphere. You feel less of a tool singing when you have people round about you singing too. That showed at EEP where you had groups that had arrived together all sitting with each other. All us Edinburgh folks were sitting together down the front and we had another group along to the left of us singing together as well, it definitely makes for a better atmosphere

I think the North Stand day is a fantastic idea and I will definitely take part in it. Hopefully we can get some distinction between those who want to sing and those who don't because you wouldn't just want a mass migration to the North Stand if some people weren't going to join in the singing.

I don't think we'd fill the North Stand at home so we'd have to try to clump everyone together in the centre. The tape at Dunfermline had the effect of forcing certain sections to fill first so we would need to consider that a bit.

I think a "choir area" is definitely necessary if we are to create any sort of atmosphere. You feel less of a tool singing when you have people round about you singing too. That showed at EEP where you had groups that had arrived together all sitting with each other. All us Edinburgh folks were sitting together down the front and we had another group along to the left of us singing together as well, it definitely makes for a better atmosphere

For games other than our North Stand day we should be trying to get everyone who wants to sing into the same block of the East Stand, sitting close together. Then we'd be able to get a regular singing section. At the moment lots of people who sing at away games sit elsewhere in the East Stand and even in the yellow seats there's a section at the front and a section near the back. We need to all clump together to get the singing to last longer.

I thought about the police situation and the mingling with QOS fans.

What I had in mind is that entry for saintees to the North Stand would be around the back of the East Stand if the police thought that it was an issue.

It would be easy to block of the main stand side entry to the North Stand with a police van a couple of officers. That should do the trick.

I thought about the police situation and the mingling with QOS fans.

What I had in mind is that entry for saintees to the North Stand would be around the back of the East Stand if the police thought that it was an issue.

It would be easy to block of the main stand side entry to the North Stand with a police van a couple of officers. That should do the trick.

Sounds sensible to do that after the match I would say but before the match I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue because there would be less people about and a slower stream of fans then.

When I lived in Perth I remember walking up the Dunkeld Road with thousands, well maybe it was hundreds, towards Muirton Park singing our heads off and converging in the ground, in a mass, continuing to raise the 'roof' on entry, and throughout the game. I am pretty sure none of this was planned and was spontaneous. Changed days indeed.

Perhaps I am dreaming but could it not happen again?

yeah its a pity that we couldnt aim for all 4 stands to be filled.......i just wonder if the so called "business community" could not become more involved.

We had the embarassment of the cardboard cut outs that must have cost those who "sponsored" them a considerable donation.

Im not sure how many primary 6 and 7's there are wandering around Perth and the surrounding area who wear and will never ever see a live OF game and there must be some way of encouraging them to attend games at McD.....instead of businesses putting money directly into the club, could they not consider buying weekly home tickets for a particular school and inceasing the crowd level....even talking in a crowded stadium raises an atmosphere and youths being youths they will soon join in-particularly if they had a teacher(s) present who had already "taught" them (most) of the Saints chats.

Im sure the media would push this particularly the PA and the new radio station.....Folk are always saying kids roam about bored.

Im sure some "committee" could be organised to try and raise funds for these Schoolkids to appear.......Collecting at Mcd every home game ( sure that its ok if club agrees,thereby doing away for seeking permission from the council-but may be wrong).

The club could allow a reduced School price - which im sure they recoup through the Catering sales.

Surely if this is going to be a game in which (is most likely) the top two sides in the league will be playing queens would take just over 1,000?

Then wouldn't they be in the north stand? Can we not justget most of the singing folk together in the east stand which would also help us atmosphere wise in the long term...

I like the idea, but think it would be better to do this in the north end of the east stand

I do see where you are going and long term is the bigger picture, but to reach long term, short term initiatives need to be successful first! As a few people have said in various posts, it is more about reaching the 'fair weather' fans than the regulars. The beauty of initiatives like this, as proven last week, are that they might appeal to those who don't always attend.

I wonder whether, after a week of posts (from the regulars!) about improving the atmosphere at McD, the atmosphere was any better today? My old man might be knacking on a bit but said he couldn't say the atmosphere was much better, if at all. While we have enjoyed good times at McD, things are not going to improve again over night and especially. Gingers ideas have imagination and create a buzz, which is why thus far they have achieved relative success, albeit just one day but we are talking about it and how we can build on it!!

By having a "Massive North Stand" day or "Fill the North" or whatever you want to call it, you are more likely, by way of being imaginitive and offering something different, to catch the eye of the 'fair weather' fan!

Once the experience has been had, and of course the team keep producing, you then have more chance of improving attendance at the North end of the East and therefore the atmosphere.

LONG TERM GOAL: Aim to force the club, by way of attracting numbers, to open all 4 stands for one big game (v Dundee likely) right at the business end of the season.

I cannot see it happening at the only entrance to this stand would be past the QOTS fans going into the main stand, and although there probebly be no trouble the police will not gamble on that

Also will the club risk losing money by opening a stand which is not really needed to be, with the extra staff needed to steward police cater and also at the turnstyles

Its a good idea to get people into McD and am trying to not be Mr negative but I cannot see it happening

Good luck with the idea and id be up for doing it, but think there may be diffficulty executing this plan

I cannot see it happening at the only entrance to this stand would be past the QOTS fans going into the main stand, and although there probebly be no trouble the police will not gamble on that

Also will the club risk losing money by opening a stand which is not really needed to be, with the extra staff needed to steward police cater and also at the turnstyles

Its a good idea to get people into McD and am trying to not be Mr negative but I cannot see it happening

Good luck with the idea and id be up for doing it, but think there may be diffficulty executing this plan

That can be easily overcome. Saints fans would proceed down to side of the east stand and round the back that wasy.Barriers or coppers would block off the main stand side. No problem...

How is this any different to our days in the premier league when St Johnstone completely filled the main stand and the old firm were behind the goal? Are there security risks now that there were not then, I dont think so.

How is this any different to our days in the premier league when St Johnstone completely filled the main stand and the old firm were behind the goal? Are there security risks now that there were not then, I dont think so.

imo times have changed, health & safety has become soooo important and the stewards and police want it easy

I think that things won't change for a while. However, in the new year, depending on league positions, Geoff and the board should pick a game that has real importance, against Dundee, QoS, Livi or Dunfermline and focus on filling all FOUR stands. It's possible! Okay, we might lose some money... but we'd get it back from catering, and hopefully getting bigger attendances in the long run. It could be free admission for U12's... give free tickets to all primaries and secondaries in Perth and Kinross? ... Maybe free tickets for PA readers? Really go all out! Okay, we'll make a loss... perhaps a big loss, but we'd gain in the long term.....

I think that things won't change for a while. However, in the new year, depending on league positions, Geoff and the board should pick a game that has real importance, against Dundee, QoS, Livi or Dunfermline and focus on filling all FOUR stands. It's possible! Okay, we might lose some money... but we'd get it back from catering, and hopefully getting bigger attendances in the long run. It could be free admission for U12's... give free tickets to all primaries and secondaries in Perth and Kinross? ... Maybe free tickets for PA readers? Really go all out! Okay, we'll make a loss... perhaps a big loss, but we'd gain in the long term.....

last time we won the league we opened up the North Stand for the East Fife only game and think we had about 9 1/2 in McDiarmid that day. At that time Ormond Stand was open and housed 'Family' Season Tickets