24/01/09 - Dunfermline Athletic (h)

The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could do with another Craig-esque pile driver because this mob are going to be difficult to break down.

There is a mini bus of Liam Craig's mates coming up from Chirnside in the borders (Liam's home town seemingly) for this one, members of the Chirnside Tartan Army and coming up to support the Saints.

Lets hope Liam does them proud.

Gotta improve our direct freekicks. Mental will be missing, so let's hope someone else has been practicing. Paton won the game at Dens from a freekick and we got a vital lead at EEP from a setplay. Perhaps its a weakness of Paul G?
Just getting the shot on target or at least over the wall would be an improvement!

The season will not be won or lost this weekend

See i'm afraid i disagree, its a six point swing, if they peg us back to a two point advantage then the whole shape and psychology is changed but if we win, 8 points is going to be very very hard for them to catch with the depth of our squad.

I agree it is certainly not do or die but if we win on Saturday . . . . well you know what i want to say but i'm not going to tempt fate by saying it.

Eight points at this stage of the season, with the squad we have is going to be very difficult to catch.

Hoping to see Savo and Jacko on sat from the start, if we do start without Holmes lets hope the ball is played to the strikers feet rather than the long ball

Hear hear!

I think the key to this game will be pace and mobility on the ground, not trying to take their big defenders on at their own game.

There is a mini bus of Liam Craig's mates coming up from Chirnside in the borders (Liam's home town seemingly) for this one, members of the Chirnside Tartan Army and coming up to support the Saints.

Lets hope Liam does them proud.

How do you find these things out, and i don't hope he will play well, i know he will play well:laugh:

If we shut down Phinn, which Morris will, and keep it tight at your attacking set plays, we could really destroy you. The wee guy (Kevin Moon) that Glass knobbled at your place, will come on late in the second half and rip the pee pee out of your team:cool:

Phinn has been nothing special of late, your problem will be shutting down big Bayne, Loy and new boy Graham.

I'd be disapointed if we can't win on Saturday. I'd say the away games at Morton and Ross County are more tricky than this one. Their not playing well at the moment and an eight point advantage at this stage would be huge.

We've hardly been prolific scorers of late so someone needs to step up. That man for me is.......Savo!

I keep saying it, but we're due another goal glut. Our defense is an iron wall, so I wouldn't worry about conceding too many. Only problem is scoring, but with Savo and Jacko back, I don't think we have much to worry about. 2-1 again.

Main

Irvine - Caff - Rusty - Hanlon (good luck to the boy, shame he's leaving).

Millar/Swanks - Morris - Mooner - Craig

Jacko/Sherlock - Savo

Bench; McLean, Ando, Swanks/Millar, Samuel, Sherlock/Jacko

2 - 1,

Savo, Craig pen, Bayne

"No Sheerin?!" I hear Ghostie and Soulful cry. Moon looked very sharp against them last time, and if he's fit, I think he'd offer us something we've been lacking recently with his energy and pace.

I keep saying it, but we're due another goal glut. Our defense is an iron wall, so I wouldn't worry about conceding too many. Only problem is scoring, but with Savo and Jacko back, I don't think we have much to worry about. 2-1 again.

Main

Irvine - Caff - Rusty - Hanlon (good luck to the boy, shame he's leaving).

Millar/Swanks - Morris - Mooner - Craig

Jacko/Sherlock - Savo

Bench; McLean, Ando, Swanks/Millar, Samuel, Sherlock/Jacko

2 - 1,

Savo, Craig pen, Bayne

"No Sheerin?!" I hear Ghostie and Soulful cry. Moon looked very sharp against them last time, and if he's fit, I think he'd offer us something we've been lacking recently with his energy and pace.

No Sheerin???????????????????????????????:shock:

Edited to add...

Your stark raving mad:roll: