#29 - 28/02/09 - Dundee (h)

MUZZ

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shoosh ya silly wee man

Dont shoosh 101.Dont you realise he once led a team unbeaten in a highly competitive team for more than 20 games?You can write on a postage stamp what he doesnt know

about football.Not like the novice McInnes!

Oh and Im happy with a point but dissapointed in the lack of clear cut chances.

Both teams cancelled each other out with the two teams more concerned with not conceding rather than going out to win it. Dundee looked more up for it but still didn't have enough to beat us. Now the record has been broken perhaps we might start to play a more positive game?

Agree with the comment above about the quality of our crossing. Too many floated balls in and not enough pace. Positives were The defence looked reasonably comfortable, Mooner played well 2nd half and Barrett looked useful when he came on - strong and lively. Didn't think either claim was a penalty either...

A word about the pissed up, half wasted garbage through from Dundee today. Took a mouthful of abuse from a real charmer on the way out. I never had anything against Dundee supporters before, but have no problem with calling them a complete bunch of foul mouthed scumbags from now on. Well done lads you do your city proud!

Another team came to conquer us and failed..but.........

A very poor game , defences on top throughout. Main had one save to make, Rab the jakey had none. Very negative tactics but as we are now a game closer to the end and Dundee are STILL 6 points adrift and the Pars got beat, it was a decent point. Both teams were shit going forward and strong at the back.Rusty was immense and the rest of the defence were pretty damn good. Homer did his usual and won a good share of the high balls but as is nearly always the case, his flick ons went to no-one/no-one got to his flick ons. His hold up play was excellent again but with the negative tactics, there was mostly no ****er to play the ball to. Savo was okay, but thats all.

Swanks was rotten, sheerinio was much the same when he came on, Millar was poor..Mooner did what Mooner does and ran himself into a substitution and Craig was adequate. Hardie was not on long enough to make a fair judgement.

As much as I was beautifully entertained last week, this week I was bored to hell ..Anti football today. Draw was a fair result as neither team did nearly enough to merit a win.

The referee, Mr Conroy was poor, with too many fouls given for sod all, making it a very stop start game. What the **** was MAC on??? Every time a decision went against him he went daft:laugh: Saints should have had at least one penalty and on another day would have had two.

A word about the size of the Dees support... magnificent ..well done to the Dees fans for that..

A word about St.Johnstone's organisation...Poor....(again)

I thought the pitch was okay, if a little bare......

So all in all we are still unbeaten and have now created a piece of club history but if we are to come out top in May we must create more and be more attack minded......

Well done to all concerened on the new record and bring on the County...

Onwards and upwards:D

Temple reports up now - draw was probably a fair result although given the refereeing decisions for the penalty claims we could feel hard done by.

Midfield seemed overcrowded at times and Savo lacks sharpness - thought we missed Morris coolness in midfield and Sammy's trickery up front. Swankie was just dire - through behind Malone at one point and he chickened out of a one on one with Scabby Rabby which he could have reached - not what we need. Thought Barrett did well when he came on and was willing to mix it a bit. But defence was solid and Byrne did well so not too unhappy tonight.

Good crowd through from Dens (plenty of money for the coffers thanks). Oh aye and let's hope they catch the numpty that threw something at Malone towards the end of the first half - that sort of behaviour we don't need.

i cant believe how rank we were and how negative we were, long ball every damn time, i actually thought we might get beat the longer the game went on.

millar and swankie were piss along with holmes

the players were bullied today apart from the back line, 2nd to every ball, no desire to burst forward, the ref may have been really bad but so were we

savo should of had a penalty in the 1st half but the 1 in the 2nd half he just hit the deck like a tonne weight after a wee nudge

poor game and the only team that looked interested in attacking was dundee, great crowd they brought through, something like 3000 odds at the game

Because Del's tactics and selection are awful.

Playing players on the opposite side is an option a lot of managers are now taking up, it allows them to cut inside more, defenders have always been told to show a winger inside to stop the cross ball and get help from other defenders.

God how does Del mange being so bad and so stupid. I am glad he has you to give him advice 101.

I really think the pitch played a big part in how the game was played. Frankly on the report card it should read- board should really THINK about things. Its a disgrace to think that 7k plus fans turned up to watch a game on a pitch that was definately not adequate. Every one on all the forums knew this would be a big game, why the hell were we playing on a pitch that was barely passable as a local council pitch?

Yes GB is god and we would never be anywhere close to where we are without him, but his advisors have got it wrong this year and we are only reaching March. I really hope that this pitch situation gets sorted out, i hope he was embarrassed by the state of the pitch today, it simply is not good enough.

What a stupid decision to play him from the start! Not only did he further anger some fans regarding his performances but he will have taken a massive confidence blow today and got made to look like a wee kiddy!

Fans shouting at him, Del moving him from one side of the pitch to the other then getting hooked at half time!

got to agree.....the guys confidence has been shattered recently and this was one game destined to put him under severe pressure......20 mins at the end might have suited.

Why cant our midfielders take "free kicks" and not have defenders wandering out of position as "byrne" was today.......im still not convinced he is a natural left back .

draw was as good as we were going to get today.i don't know why deek picked swankie as he has not proved himself lately if ever this season.good to see mooner get a run out he did have some good passes.i found homer & savo were dropping deep to pick up the ball.rusty was solid all game not much got passed him.

had some part-timer next to me abusing mcinnes all game this guy only appears once or twice a season normally dundee games(maybe hes a dee).if saints are the poor why does he phucking bother coming.

Playing players on the opposite side is an option a lot of managers are now taking up, it allows them to cut inside more, defenders have always been told to show a winger inside to stop the cross ball and get help from other defenders.

God how does Del mange being so bad and so stupid. I am glad he has you to give him advice 101.

You're an incredible source of drivel. Do you coach classroom football? It is a very simple game so let's deal with simple facts not theories. Liam was poor down the right, Swankie was poor down the left. Mr McInnes instructed the players to switch flanks and the performance of both players improved greatly. Ergo, Del fecked up in his selection/instructions.

Liam has never played well down the right (for us), fact.

Swankie's best performances come when plays down the right, fact.

To take Swankie off at half time was curious. He hadn't played any worse than Craig or Millar. When Sheerin replaced him, Mooner's outball options were reduced.

I really think the pitch played a big part in how the game was played. Frankly on the report card it should read- board should really THINK about things. Its a disgrace to think that 7k plus fans turned up to watch a game on a pitch that was definately not adequate. Every one on all the forums knew this would be a big game, why the hell were we playing on a pitch that was barely passable as a local council pitch?

Yes GB is god and we would never be anywhere close to where we are without him, but his advisors have got it wrong this year and we are only reaching March. I really hope that this pitch situation gets sorted out, i hope he was embarrassed by the state of the pitch today, it simply is not good enough.

How much damage was done to the pitch as a direct result of the rugger? The pitch was hurt by the USH being heavily utilised prior to both the U21 bounce game and the Livi game.

your number 6 was the man of the match for me. we had to play the long ball and he was just sweeping them up, pitch terrible couldnt play our passing game.

Superb crowd from us best this year by far was really delighted with the support but i have to say i was disgusted at 1 of your stewards who manhandled a young lad for no apparent reason, out of order.