#38 - 25/04/09 - Dundee (a)

Dont think the hardie sheerin partnership did anything for us first half on sunday so id go with a half-fit morris and mooner !

I still think there is a place for Sheerin. He is playing well recently and Hardie is the hardest tackler we've got. He gives the opposition something to think about when he's there for a 50-50 and I can see guys like Cameron shi##ing it after the injuries he's had.

I am still undecided:?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I hope to f**k McInnes doesn't share your temptations.

Tell me the last time he had a stand out game. Apart from EEP, I can't even think of many 'good' games he's had recently.

Maybe being played out of position has messed his form up a bit, but are you seriously telling me he's been performing to the level you could expect after last season, and the decent wage he will be on?

I really liked Liam last season and I like his committment, but you can't argue against the fact, for whatever reason, that he's been out of sorts.

Tell me the last time he had a stand out game. Apart from EEP, I can't even think of many 'good' games he's had recently.

Maybe being played out of position has messed his form up a bit, but are you seriously telling me he's been performing to the level you could expect after last season, and the decent wage he will be on?

I really liked Liam last season and I like his committment, but you can't argue against the fact, for whatever reason, that he's been out of sorts.

what a load of tosh. absoloute bollocks.

Dundee covering their backs in todays Courier.

Roughly translated it says, because our system is badly designed and largely ineffective, if you dont turn up in enough time and the match kicks off with hundreds of you outside, dont blame us because you've been warned!

With the large crowd expected, and the added time-consuming factor of tickets(i.e. people having to look for their seats rather than just jumping into the nearest seat as we ususally do) it will take longer than usual to get everyone in.

" Meanwhile, Dundee are advising Saints fans to get to Dens in plenty of time.

“It’s a case of come early because we won’t be delaying the kick-off,’’ said the Dark Blues’ general manager Jim Thomson. "

Roughly translated it says, because our system is badly designed and largely ineffective, if you dont turn up in enough time and the match kicks off with hundreds of you outside, dont blame us because you've been warned!

With the large crowd expected, and the added time-consuming factor of tickets(i.e. people having to look for their seats rather than just jumping into the nearest seat as we ususally do) it will take longer than usual to get everyone in.

“It’s a case of come early because we won’t be delaying the kick-off,’’ said the Dark Blues’ general manager Jim Thomson. "

it can be translated into even shorter terms..... dundee fc = w**k

in a bad way of course, dfc does nothing for me if you catch ma drift :wink:

or also translated as "no matter how many fans you bring, we're still only going to open one turnstyle for you, so dont blame us that you have to queue for 40 mins to get in"

or also translated as "no matter how many fans you bring, we're still only going to open one turnstyle for you, so dont blame us that you have to queue for 40 mins to get in"

I think most off us have enough common sense to get there in plenty time and build up an atmosphere in the ground. Knowing the size of the crowd anyone leaving the pub at 2.55 knows what to expect.

Good news and bad news on the dream front....

Last nights run through of the game was sitting at 0-0 at dens, with Partick trailing by a goal at half time, then losing another with 10 mins to go. We all knew that all we had to do was score to win the league. Injury time, and we are all over them, Craig runs up the left and hooks in a beautiful cross, holmes, sammy and Rusty all in line for the ball..... THEN MY ALARM CLOCK WENT OFF!!!!! :twisted:

Good news and bad news on the dream front....

Last nights run through of the game was sitting at 0-0 at dens, with Partick trailing by a goal at half time, then losing another with 10 mins to go. We all knew that all we had to do was score to win the league. Injury time, and we are all over them, Craig runs up the left and hooks in a beautiful cross, holmes, sammy and Rusty all in line for the ball..... THEN MY ALARM CLOCK WENT OFF!!!!! :twisted:

That would be quite an interesting scenario. Would we go all out for the win? or be content with a point bearing in mind we would open ourselves up to conceeding if we attacked them......

Heart says we would get right into them and would be urged on by fans. Head says, we would settle for a point.

I think we all know what would happen, all out for the win! And Main would come up for a corner or muck about in the centre circle again and concede a last minute goal. Head doesn't come into it in those scenarios! I know what I will be urging for if this scenario arose, even if it was possibly the wrong thing to do. I just hope that the line that I have used 6 times this season doesn't come true... "Main will muck it up for us this season!"

I think we all know what would happen, all out for the win! And Main would come up for a corner or muck about in the centre circle again and concede a last minute goal. Head doesn't come into it in those scenarios! I know what I will be urging for if this scenario arose, even if it was possibly the wrong thing to do. I just hope that the line that I have used 6 times this season doesn't come true... "Main will muck it up for us this season!"
The bigger than game, the more important alan becomes. Last years semi for one, probably my MoM. These occasions seem to bring the best out of him, he loves it...

personally i would go with something like:

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Millar Mooner Sheerin Swankie

Holmes Savo

Subs: McLean, Ando/Gartland, Hardie/Morris, Samuel, Barrett

Hardie was pretty gash most of the time on Sunday whereas Swanks was playing well and shouldnt have been hooked so early, IMO

Hopefully Holmes has learnt from Sunday that you need to head at goal to score goals, less of the heading across goal please son ;)

Dont think Swankie will start but if he does lets get behind the lad eh?

personally i would go with something like:

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Millar Mooner Sheerin Swankie

Holmes Savo

Subs: McLean, Ando/Gartland, Hardie/Morris, Samuel, Barrett

Hardie was pretty gash most of the time on Sunday whereas Swanks was playing well and shouldnt have been hooked so early, IMO

Hopefully Holmes has learnt from Sunday that you need to head at goal to score goals, less of the heading across goal please son ;)

Dont think Swankie will start but if he does lets get behind the lad eh?

I hope i am behind him!!! in the row behind him in the shankly stand:wink: