personally i would go with something like:

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Millar Mooner Sheerin Swankie

Holmes Savo

Subs: McLean, Ando/Gartland, Hardie/Morris, Samuel, Barrett

Millar and Swankie in the same team???

Not so much lightweight as featherweight :laugh:

I agree, though. More important that we get behind whoever is playing.

Can see where he is coming from though. Any time a 'big' player has been dropped, we've got a reaction from the team!

Whatever team Del picks, I trust his judgement!

Which game are you referring to?

FWIW, Craig has been off the boil for most of the season (thanks to Del moving him about the field like a Subbuteo character) but since getting dropped, he's been even worse.

Millar has also looked worse since getting dropped. We've yet to see Homer start since being dropped but the team certainly didn't get a boost against Queens when both Millar and Homer (lynch pins of our campaign) were dropped.

Team for me has to be:

-----------Main----------

-Irvine McCaff Rusty Craig-

Millar Morris Hardie Sheerin

-----Homer Savo---------

Subs: McLean, Gartland, Mooner, Swankie, Samuel

The only thing that worries me is the lack of pace in midfield with this formation...but hey dundee has quite a tight pitch (i think) so hopefully having the three tacklers in Hardie, Morris and Millar will allow us to win all the scraps in the middle. but what is key is getting one of them Millar or Hardie to run up and support Savo.

Team for me has to be:

-----------Main----------

-Irvine McCaff Rusty Craig-

Millar Morris Hardie Sheerin

-----Homer Savo---------

Subs: McLean, Gartland, Mooner, Swankie, Samuel

The only thing that worries me is the lack of pace in midfield with this formation...but hey dundee has quite a tight pitch (i think) so hopefully having the three tacklers in Hardie, Morris and Millar will allow us to win all the scraps in the middle. but what is key is getting one of them Millar or Hardie to run up and support Savo.

Yeah I quite like that line-up supersaint but have similar concerns over the midfield. My concerns would be the fitness of the midfield and I don't think morris will start but may see a good chunk of the game. Hardie and Sheerin definately have a big part to play in this game.

Would possibly prefer Sammy up front with Holmes as we haven't seen that combination since the start of the previous QOS game (I think!)

I'd be tempted to go 3-5-2/5-3-2 after that shambles of a defensive display last week.

Main

-----Caff-Rusty-Gartland

Irvine-----------------Craig

-----Sheerin Hardie Morris-

------Holmes---Milne----

Unfortunately I doubt that will be the line up. I cant remember the last time we played with 3 centre halfs there although I dont disagree it woul be interesting to see such a formation.:idea: