New Strip For Next Season

sideshowbob1974

Internet campaign to bring back tartan or teal and magenta as third choice next season

why not make a second strip that complies with the regulations, we clearly cant wear the 1st or 2nd strips against killie, design one that we can.

wont need a third strip.

A poll on here would be helpful for Saints, Campus and Joma. Surridge used to need an order of 100 pieces to justify production so Joma will probably be similar. I think Mainstand is right that if they do release it, December would be ideal. Get all the training gear launched first and release it for Christmas.

Odd that both our third tops have been so popular....

Did I just read that correctly. `I think Mainstand is right`.

Quite like the strps by the way.

New home kit is decent enough, sponsor looks far better and Joma should be a decent manufacturer. Third kit is a waste ot time. Rubbish. Black!? No thanks. Blue, white and yellow please.

Would it not be possible to just design a second kit that would get the job done whilst visiting Burns country? Or is that too simple?

Or is it a directive from those on telephone number salaries in Ivory towers at the SPL enforcing third kits on all clubs?

Obviously picked it because he knows how good I'll look wearing it :cool:

He also wanted the third to be navy (Dundee) blue. Thankfully his mind was changed on his behalf.

The third kit WILL be available from Campus at some point but please don't build your hopes up for an early release (oohhh, errr).

Edited by 101 Saint

They are so much better than last seasons. However, I just don't get Taylor Wimpey. I mean, fair enough they have a logo to follow, but im sure someone could design a better logo than that Times New Roman design they have at the moment. The strips are great, simple. The logo is too simple though. Im just being fussy though

I have seen Saints over the years play in many colours,

all blue, white, all red, yellow, tartan, teal and magenta,

never thought we would play in maroon (aagh), now black (aaaghhh).

it is now the trend to play in as many colours as possible, pink next year anyone.

we will have to get used to it.

as long as we stay well clear of green.

it is now the trend to play in as many colours as possible, pink next year anyone.

we have never played in hoops though.

Teal is green, no?

Also found it hilarious that Surridge produced some of our training gear in navy blue. Even funnier people actually bought it.

Edited by saint jason

I also think the black shirt would look better if it had blue flashes instead of white ones (but I do think it could look quite good if worn with the blue shorts).

(preferably alongside a campaign for white shorts & white socks with the next home top).

The black/blue would echo Man Utds away top which has a great blue in that horrible v.

Totally agree about the white socks. As was stated earlier, I think the blue/white/white for home and white/blue/blue for away is the best balance.

Was totally amazed when I saw the new strips. Had been assured Taylor Wimpey would never change their brand guidelines so was delighted to see they had seen sense. The logos on the blue and white shirts look great.

Only small whinge would be the flashes round the shoulders otherwise really like the strips, especially if they’re the same blue as this season. Definitely the best for a few years.

Im sure the common meterosexual st johnstone fan would love a pink 3rd strip! :laugh:

I wouldnae mind :oops:

What's the problem with green? I'd quite like to see us in a green away strip - there used to be a Japanese team that played in bright green shirts with blue shorts and white socks; always thought it was a great look, made them look like a sort of green Brazil...

93bellp33.jpg

I always want the home strip to remain as traditional as possible, but I don't see any problem with using the away strip to experiment a bit more. In fact, I find all the yellow and white ones we've had over the last few years to be really dull - I'd like us to steer well clear of both colours for a few years. But I also reckon a pink Saints shirt could be a really big seller.