Gig Goers Guide

Saintkev

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got 5 tickets today int he presale for..........

Justin Timberlake @ SECC in May!

Oh my god - i was hyper as hell when i got the email from them telling me! Shame i have about 7 months to wait like!

by that time you maybe gone off him :lol::lol:

bad manners are in scumtown on new years day

What with that avatar and now Justin Lumberjack, you are in danger of getting thrown out of the 208 bus methinks :lol:

Your thoughts 1884??

Who the hell is that in the Avatar? :?

Me thinks you should be thrown off the 208 bus for knowing who it is :lol:

And lastly, what the hell has Justin Limbertake ever done - I thought he was last years news about 5 years ago :o

My avatar is Alex Turner - lead singer of the artic monkeys and much loved guy of wummin!

Justin Timberlake will be a good performer and it's not until i got home i thought £55 for a fecking ticket - my boss paid that to see Madonna! Which is slightly more worth it! But £50 for standing plus £5 booking fee!

I just hope it's a mix of his newer and older stuff - his Justified album is awesome!

Now to find out when Girls Aloud are next on! I bought there greatest hits yesterday! :oops:

:lol::lol:

He's hot! and he's bringing sexy back.........

TAKE IT TO THE CHORUS!!!

Now to find out when Girls Aloud are next on! I bought there greatest hits yesterday

Oh dear...

"Dear Jimmy Saville,

Please o please o please can you fix it for Oor Hazel to find her senses please cos she seems to have taken leave of them.

Having tried our best to educate her in all things Deepest of Purple and all colours of the Rainbow (including 'big' hair), she seems to have fallen in with the wrong crowd and is claiming she likes, ahem, 'artists' such as Dustbin Gingercake and Grills Allowed. :shock:

We do not want this situation to get any worse as it is costing her a fortune in readies and she needs her hard earned( :!: ) Johnny Cash to keep her in Buckfast.

Please can you 'fixit' for her to like Mr Coverdale, Sir Ronnie James of Dio and Mr Joe Lynn Turner again?

Thanking you kindly,

1884"

Oh dear...

"Dear Jimmy Saville,

Please o please o please can you fix it for Oor Hazel to find her senses please cos she seems to have taken leave of them.

Having tried our best to educate her in all things Deepest of Purple and all colours of the Rainbow (including 'big' hair), she seems to have fallen in with the wrong crowd and is claiming she likes, ahem, 'artists' such as Dustbin Gingercake and Grills Allowed. :shock:

We do not want this situation to get any worse as it is costing her a fortune in readies and she needs her hard earned( :!: ) Johnny Cash to keep her in Buckfast.

Please can you 'fixit' for her to like Mr Coverdale, Sir Ronnie James of Dio and Mr Joe Lynn Turner again?

Thanking you kindly,

1884"

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Paul Weller at the Barrowland last night - AWESOME ! The best I've seen him since the Wild Wood tour in 1993.

The BEST venue in the World - the man himself said TWICE(and he can be a hard to please geeza) that "You're the best f***in audience in the world" - High praise from The Modfather!

Highlights were - Thick As Thieves(had a tear in my eye) , Above the Clouds , Running On The Spot , The Pebble & The Boy and the mighty Town Called Malice.

Went round to McChuills after it and saw a David Bowie tribute band(canny mind their name but gonna try and see if they'll do a gig up here) who were really good - did all the old stuff fae when he was good(up to Heroes)

What a feckin treble top night :D

Sair heid the day tho :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Idlewild in Fat Sam's (Dundee) last Tuesday - top class gig in a very small venue with a couple of new songs then a best of.... set, where they also took a couple of requests from the crowd.

Support was Fortune Drive, who sounded alright - I imagine they would sound better when they learn how to get the sound guys to work for both bands rather than just the main act though :lol:

At Madness last night - superb!! The boys haven't lost it (last saw them in 1988) and what a craic too. Support band Aggrolites were excellent and some fantastic reggae and Ska coming there as well.

Still partly deaf some 13 hours later, but worth it all :D

• 4 weeks later...
I have 4 gigs coming up:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, 3rd Feb, Barrowlands

Bloc Party, 20th Feb, Edinburgh Corn Exchange

Idlewild, 20th March, Perth Concert Hall

Bob Dylan, 11th April, SECC

All absolute beezers.

Good taste Mr Plow - I have tickets for Bloc Party and Idlewild as well, should be some good gigs. Mate of mine is going to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, but I haven't heard enough of their stuff to want to go.

• 1 month later...