Alan Main - New Contract?

Slowhand

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will be gone in the next few weeks as he is not being retained from what I hear

Probably not the best thread to discuss it in but the comments on the official site are certainly interesting.

Paul Sheerin and Graham Gartland also look set to remain with the club, discussions with Alan Main are ongoing...

You could speculate that it would have been a good contract that brought Main back to Perth from Gretna, based on the knowledge he'd be first choice, whatever Coyle said about giving both him and Cuthbert a chance. Of course, next season he might not be guaranteed the number one jersey, hence the offer of the coaching role. The problem is that if he's not number one he might not have been offered the same terms and the two combined could maybe make a 42-year-old goalie wonder what the best option is.

McLean is young. If Main stays, I shouldn't think we'd really need another keeper, because McLean is competent, if nothing else. I'd imagine Main would stay - he said himself he wants another season with us in the SPL. He's probably trying to wangle (love that word) some more cash out of Broon.

I've heard the same and that he may consider a coaching role with Dundee United.. Anyone else heard this?

I think McLean just needs a confidence boost, when I met him he was confident he would break into the first team.

If he does go.. what about Kasper Schmeichel? I remember when he played for Falkirk, does anyone know where he is know?

He's still at Manchester City but with Shay Given & Joe Hart he has drop down pecking order at Man city

Still living in cloud cukoo land. He'd be one about 15k minimum! Lets not forget under Sven Goran Erikkson he played about 7 games on the spin and saved a Penalty against Man U.

I would hope Main would stay for the one season in the SPL. We as a group of fans have been very, very good to him and made him very welcome on his return.

It would be nice to see him between the sticks for us in the SPL, he still has the ability.

Main must stay, and will!

I sincerely hope so. I don't think there's any doubt he's still got the ability and the right attitude to be playing at SPL level. Also don't think that he'd turn down the chance to keep playing in the SPL (whether or not he will be first choice) at his age. If he does go then the club will need to find someone VERY good to replace him.

Maybe he just bargaining hard cause he's near the end of his career and needs enough money to afford a 2nd place after all the shenanigans at home :wink:

Having played with Gretna for a couple of years, money should be no concern what so ever.