We Are Perth - Player of the Year - 2008/09

We Are Perth - Player of the Year - 2008/09  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anderson had 17 appearances?

Anyhoo.

Has to be Rusty. Whenever you see a ball in the air, and a challenge between him and someone else, you know Rusty's going to win it. He gives a James-esque bollocking to anyone not pulling their weight, and throws in the odd goal, too. Not only that, but he became a real talisman for the club with his beard antics, and after all, he was the Captain that brought us the title.

Honorable mentions to Sheerin, Irvine, McCaff and Savo, though.

real tough one, i went for Gary Irvine. Ruti has been an outstanding player and i am really happy for the lad that he has been able to put behind his injury problems and play a vital part of this success with the club.

however i went for gary because of the way he has improved himself over this season, his fantastic goal against dumfermilne and his diving header that saved us against partick, those two moments made me think, we're going to win this league!

I nearly voted Liam, as i think he has to be commended for being so professional all season, never once seemed to get down about being played out of position. Saying all that, i voted Rusty, as has been said, we wouldn't have won it without him. COLOSSUS

Also dropped from the starting XI for two games:shock:

For being played out of position all season, i wouldn't say that being dropped for 2 games, is that bad. He obviously showed far more desire to be in the team than any of our loan lefties did as he continually kept them out. Although this can be attributed to them all being total shite.

For being played out of position all season, i wouldn't say that being dropped for 2 games, is that bad. He obviously showed far more desire to be in the team than any of our loan lefties did as he continually kept them out. Although this can be attributed to them all being total shite.

I think it was a dreadful act of injustice. He could have been accomodated in centre midfield, he should not have been dropped.

I think it was a dreadful act of injustice. He could have been accomodated in centre midfield, he should not have been dropped.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. There are dreadful acts of injustice and then there's dropping a player to the bench for one match. At a couple of points in the season Craig's form dipped a little and McInnes must have felt that leaving him out would be to his benefit. I actually think that it worked out fine as Craig's performances when he came back into the side were good.

I like Liam Craig and I appreciate the way he's stuck to his task this year despite often being played out of position. I don't think anyone could say he was hard done by for missing a couple of matches when he played almost every game.

Perhaps if we had been "accommodating" Craig in midfield all season then your man Moon wouldn't have had as many appearances.

A dreadful act of footballing injustice might have been if McInnes had waited until Alan Main was one appearance short of our all-time attendance record and then dropped him for the rest of the season. Now that would have been unfair.

I disagree. It was plain to see that he was tired and jaded in the games before he was dropped. When he came back, he looked much fitter and fresher and his performances improved accordingly.

I disagree. It was plain to see that he was tired and jaded in the games before he was dropped. When he came back, he looked much fitter and fresher and his performances improved accordingly.
Certainly when he was dropped for the Clyde Game we witnessed one of our best performances from the Midfield so on that game alone it was spot on on......

Everyone of the squad needed to be kept on its toes thats all part of being a footballer. No room for complacency.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. There are dreadful acts of injustice and then there's dropping a player to the bench for one match. At a couple of points in the season Craig's form dipped a little and McInnes must have felt that leaving him out would be to his benefit. I actually think that it worked out fine as Craig's performances when he came back into the side were good.

I like Liam Craig and I appreciate the way he's stuck to his task this year despite often being played out of position. I don't think anyone could say he was hard done by for missing a couple of matches when he played almost every game.

Perhaps if we had been "accommodating" Craig in midfield all season then your man Moon wouldn't have had as many appearances.

A dreadful act of footballing injustice might have been if McInnes had waited until Alan Main was one appearance short of our all-time attendance record and then dropped him for the rest of the season. Now that would have been unfair.

I'll give you exaggeration, but from that point onwards, Liam really struggled with his form. He is a confidence player and when he was struggling, Del's solution was to drop him!

Mr Moon need not worry about Mr Craig taking his place, I keep reading on here that Del rates Moon very highly!

Seriously, put yourself in Liam's boots, you're dropped and Swankie starts!

The rest of the guys that chunter on about fitness and reaction wanna pay more attention. There is no issue with either attribute and never has been. This is a guy who had no qualms in squaring up to a much bigger team mate in training because they weren't putting in a shift. Top, top bloke.