Could We Lose McInnes?

CynicalSaintee

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes to Hibs, McGhee to Dons, Pressely to Falkirk, Random english manager to Well. there it is all settled.

First 2 - probably pretty much spot on IMO.

Pressley to Falkirk? Maybe as No. 2 to somebody else, but I can't see them taking a gamble of making him gaffer with no actual experience in that role. His day will come, but not yet.

Any 'random' English manager in mind, mate?

I think now is the time to start feeling slightly concerned. BBC Sport are running with a story that Mowbray has agreed terms with Celtic and WBA would be a club I was worried about losing McInnes to. When you factor in his links with the club and the fact that teams from The Championship will be well aware of Owen Coyle, McInnes is sure to be in their thoughts.

I think now is the time to start feeling slightly concerned. BBC Sport are running with a story that Mowbray has agreed terms with Celtic and WBA would be a club I was worried about losing McInnes to. When you factor in his links with the club and the fact that teams from The Championship will be well aware of Owen Coyle, McInnes is sure to be in their thoughts.

I was thinking that myself but then I thought a lot of clubs may be viewing him and most may wait to see how he does or proves himself at SPL standards. Owen was 1 goal away from getting us into this position but he also got us to three semi-finals as a 1st division club. However with McInness's West Brom connections it is a possibility.

It would be great for us or any other club to have a good manager for 10 years again but these days seem to be gone ... fickle fans or fickle boards or fickle media or the free market of labour in action.

I was thinking that myself but then I thought a lot of clubs may be viewing him and most may wait to see how he does or proves himself at SPL standards. Owen was 1 goal away from getting us into this position but he also got us to three semi-finals as a 1st division club. However with McInness's West Brom connections it is a possibility.

Coyle got us to two semi-finals, the third one was when McInnes was in charge.

It would be great for us or any other club to have a good manager for 10 years again but these days seem to be gone ... fickle fans or fickle boards or fickle media or the free market of labour in action.

I'm not entirely sure that's true, Gus MacPherson's been in charge at St. Mirren for nearly six years, Jim Jefferies has been at Killie for seven years, John Hughes has been at Falkirk since 2003 all of them could easily have been punted at some point last season.

Just out of interest who would you say is a good management team we could attract?

I think the only positive that could come out of del going is that we have a good squad built at the moment that only needs a couple more additions to it.

Internal appointment have been great for us, but who is ready?

A Scottish manager who knows the lower leagues in England perhaps..........

Coyle got us to two semi-finals, the third one was when McInnes was in charge.

You're right there, that was two by Owen but McInnes was still relatively new maybe I was still thinking it was Owen's team and it's this season he's put his mark down and gained promotion.

I'm not entirely sure that's true, Gus MacPherson's been in charge at St. Mirren for nearly six years, Jim Jefferies has been at Killie for seven years, John Hughes has been at Falkirk since 2003 all of them could easily have been punted at some point last season.

You're right about their longer term experience as SPL managers but I think as I said maybe clubs viewing McInnes will wait until he's had a bit more experience but it was his time in England at a very high level I was thinking about and his West Brom and other connections. I don't think he will go just now though.