#01 - 01/08/09 - Stenhousemuir 0-5 Saints - League Cup

101 Saint

Main

Irvin Caff Garfield Granger

Millar Morris Craig

Deuchar Sammy ..........................................Morais somewhere over here

Not what del will go for but I think is a winner. Cant imagine anyone will agree with me. I dont even agree with it.Hope Del knows what he is doing. Worried !

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't surprise me if McLean started, but I suspect Alzo will. Millar's out, so Davidson will probably start as Moon won't be risked nor will Morris. With Rusty injured, and with no Hards I suspect our lineup will be as follows;

--------------------Main---------------------

--Irvine-----Caff----------Gartland---Grainger-

----------------------------------------------

----Swankie--------Davidson----------Craig----

-----------------------------------------------

----Morais---------Deuchar----------Samuel---

We're a bit thin in the centre, which is a little unusual for us. Probably a few U19s on the bench and McLean reserve keeper.

Edited by CynicalSaintee

Need to get a good atmosphere going tomorrow... we had decent numbers last season at Stenny, but were very quiet! Let's get the season off positively from the support, show our appreciation and show we are in this together.

A bit of rain will be good, get us all crammed in... standing up, shed over our head... perfect singing conditions... 'Mon You Saints Fans!

Think we'll probably win by a couple of goals, comfortable but not spectacular... which is more than enough... 'Mon The Saints!

What's the weather like through in Perth? I'm supposed to be playing cricket but can't be arsed - would much rather go to Stenny.

If any of you have got a spare minute, could you maybe do a wee rain dance on my behalf? Cheers.

Theres cricket that goes on in Perth?

Is this official organised stuff or just mates getting together.

Theres cricket that goes on in Perth?

Is this official organised stuff or just mates getting together.

I know it's hard to believe, but it's official organised stuff! Even though Perthshire have folded, there's still quite a few other teams in Perth and around Perthshire. I just play occassionally to help out my old man's team.

More importantly though, is it raining yet in Perth!?!

I know it's hard to believe, but it's official organised stuff! Even though Perthshire have folded, there's still quite a few other teams in Perth and around Perthshire. I just play occassionally to help out my old man's team.

More importantly though, is it raining yet in Perth!?!

just assume its raining at get your self down the station for 12!

Have been a bit uninterested in this season all summer not really looking forward to the "joys" of being a fan of an SPL team etc, went to Ireland more for the craic than anything else, came home even less interested in the new season than before I went ...............

..........but woke up this morning and all I can say is "Come on ye Saints", let's get tore right in aboot this mob. Go out and give a performance against Burnley then go out and hump Well in the first game

All together now Oh when the Saints

Buzz!!!!!!

I think it's fair to say I'm quite looking forward to this game today. I would like to see us line up:

Main

Irvine Caff Gartland Grainger

Davidson Craig Sheerin

Swankie Deuchar Morais

No Savo or Morris because of the artificial, and they have chocolate knees. I'd like to see Morais and Swankie playing off Deuchar and creating havoc between their midfield and defence. No Sammy in the starting 11 because he would be a fantastic player to bring on later against a part time team.

Del likes his 4-3-3 and considering the circumstances of this game, I think we'll be stronger with this 11. If possible, I'd keep both Morris and Savo out the squad as the last thing we need is one of them picking up a long term injury at this stage, especially with Rutkiewicz already injured. I know that leaves short of a midfield change, but Irvine has played in there and been ok before.

I'd have Samuel, Anderson, Mackay, Reynolds and Mclean on the bench.

Edited by Kyle

What's the weather like through in Perth? I'm supposed to be playing cricket but can't be arsed - would much rather go to Stenny.

If any of you have got a spare minute, could you maybe do a wee rain dance on my behalf? Cheers.

You've supposed to be playing cricket for years and never really suceeded:laugh:

Beautiful sunny day in Perth (tee hee).

I notice Sky is showing the TFOD friendly while the Saints match (and other Scottish competitive matches) is taking place - I'd have thought this contravenes some sort of legislation. Poor to be showing live games on TV on a Saturday afternoon now that the season has started.