Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

There was a Liptons on South Methven Street as already mentioned I think it probably closed mid 1970's.(I am not disputing that the photo is of the High Street although personally I am not convinced)

That must be the one I'm thinking about.  The Maypole was in South Street, I think, just round the corner from Canal Cres.  When Babychunder came up with Betty Whites I remembered a fruit and veg shop in South Methven Street again not quite opposite the Kings but down towards South Street which I thought was indeed Betty Whites but I remember the shop in Scott Street also - not quite opposite the Post Office?

That must be the one I'm thinking about.  The Maypole was in South Street, I think, just round the corner from Canal Cres.  When Babychunder came up with Betty Whites I remembered a fruit and veg shop in South Methven Street again not quite opposite the Kings but down towards South Street which I thought was indeed Betty Whites but I remember the shop in Scott Street also - not quite opposite the Post Office?

Wheres Chips when you need him.

Thought that was South Inch with Waterworks tower in the background? 

Looks like me with the pullover on, though I was probably slightly taller by that year.

Great pictures Mr chips.

Yeah your spot on with the South Inch.. looking closer you see the grass bank with trees at the bottom of Marshall place then the tower

chips i have said it before you are the best poster on here by a long way

rickardo if you slag him again

the man from vaasa will get you 

after a couple of drinks first

Aye gie Rickardo a belt in the lug fae me.... He's an awfy brute so he is :wink: