Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

A friend and work colleague wrote a book all about the streets of Perth. A free PDF version is available from his website.

It has loads of good pictures of the Fair City along with excellent information.

The book is called Perth street by street and is available from the page I have linked below.

http://madeinperth.org/perth-street-by-street/

Enjoy, Jazz

Anyone got any pics of the 'steamie' in Canal St?

"Steamie" pictures are very rare,but i was sent the following two. First one is claimed to be from the wash house on Kinnoull street (I do not claim either of then to be from Perth merely the info sent with them)

Steamie Kinnoull street

577954_3794847919876_1017489285_n_zpswzc

Claimed to be another steamie Perth

1376405_595577433839711_1075640130_n_zps

• 4 weeks later...

Bit in Wednesday's Courier regarding " a unique record of life in  Perth and Perthshire from the 1850's to the present day, Perth Museum and Art Gallery's photographic archive houses a staggering 150,000 images. Anyone looking for a particular subject matter can contact the photographic officer who will carry out a search of the archive."

Bit in Wednesday's Courier regarding " a unique record of life in  Perth and Perthshire from the 1850's to the present day, Perth Museum and Art Gallery's photographic archive houses a staggering 150,000 images. Anyone looking for a particular subject matter can contact the photographic officer who will carry out a search of the archive."

Would make a great website...

I got asked by the museum if i would like to host an "Old Perth pictures" night on their premises,the night would feature many of the pics displayed on my page plus the public would be given access to their archives,baring in mind each photo from them comes at a price depending on the size of print you would require. I declined the opportunity on the bases that half ma fecking pictures have been half inched fae them :wink:

I was also approached on a couple of occassions by people wanting to make OPP into an actual website,this would require a membership fee etc. With ads and sponsorship and all that pash,providing the web designers got their cut. I really couldnt see the potential in it plus the fact it would be time consuming,i dinnae have a clue on these technical matters to be honest

Edited by chips

I got asked by the museum if i would like to host an "Old Perth pictures" night on their premises,the night would feature many of the pics displayed on my page plus the public would be given access to their archives,baring in mind each photo from them comes at a price depending on the size of print you would require. I declined the opportunity on the bases that half ma fecking pictures have been half inched fae them :wink:

I was also approached on a couple of occassions by people wanting to make OPP into an actual website,this would require a membership fee etc. With ads and sponsorship and all that pash,providing the web designers got their cut. I really couldnt see the potential in it plus the fact it would be time consuming,i dinnae have a clue on these technical matters to be honest

Some of Athens friends wanting to make money out of you.

I got asked by the museum if i would like to host an "Old Perth pictures" night on their premises,the night would feature many of the pics displayed on my page plus the public would be given access to their archives,baring in mind each t

photo from them comes at a price depending on the size of print you would require. I declined the opportunity on the bases that half ma fecking pictures have been half inched fae them :wink:

Knew you would be MORE than aware of this facility. wink.

"Steamie" pictures are very rare,but i was sent the following two. First one is claimed to be from the wash house on Kinnoull street (I do not claim either of then to be from Perth merely the info sent with them)

Steamie Kinnoull street

577954_3794847919876_1017489285_n_zpswzc

Claimed to be another steamie Perth

Thanks for that

1376405_595577433839711_1075640130_n_zps

• 1 month later...