Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

Looks like late 70's going by the car reg. plate (s)

Car on the left '69 and on the right '75

Well spotted Hoody......im shoite wi numberplates,i went with the dress sense in the picture. Saying that it could easily have been Dundee circa 1987 :wink:

No too sure where this was but seemingly it was still on the go in the 1950's

11159237_938090269564248_21380316_o_zpss

My suggestion would be towards the bottom of the high street as Liptons became Massey-Lipton, there was a Massey supermarket there which became a Templetons in the 70s, don't know what's there now, almost opposite where Campus sports is.

My suggestion would be towards the bottom of the high street as Liptons became Massey-Lipton, there was a Massey supermarket there which became a Templetons in the 70s, don't know what's there now, almost opposite where Campus sports is.

Aye you could be right, the remaining memory cells can recall something.  The shape of those first floor windows would be a dead giveaway if they are still there.  Can any of you still lucky enough to live in God's city help?

Coal bunkers i believe. They do kind of look a bit like unburied anderson shelters, but IIRC prefabs werent built until the postwar

Aye, that would make sense, couldn't imagine them being much use if the Cuban missiles crisis really kicked off! Bet they were also used as gang huts, hiding places etc by the kids round there.

wow I remember templetons, café was upstairs iirc??? where argos is now too I think

The photo also appears in Jeremy Duncan's book, Perth A City Again. It is definitely High Street. That photo also shows a bit of the next door shop on the left, number 110. Would this confirm that Liptons was indeed the predecessor of Masseys, then Templetons and now Argos?

The photo also appears in Jeremy Duncan's book, Perth A City Again. It is definitely High Street. That photo also shows a bit of the next door shop on the left, number 110. Would this confirm that Liptons was indeed the predecessor of Masseys, then Templetons and now Argos?

Once Babychunder's Maw said it was the High Street that was the matter settled so far as I was concerned.  The shop I was thinking about in Methven St ( opposite the Kings but up a bit) was a grocer also - a Maypole?