Scotland Squad

gingermunkie

Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen), David Marshall (Cardiff City) Defenders: Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Daniel Fox (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Steven Whittaker (Rangers) Midfielders: Charles Adam (Blackpool), Scott Brown (Celtic), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Shaun Maloney (Celtic), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United), Kevin Thomson (Rangers), Ross Wallace (Preston North End) Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Burnley), Steven Naismith (Rangers), Garry O'Connor (Birmingham City), Derek Riordan (Hibernian)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positive inclusion but as usual it takes a move to one of the ugly sister to come under the radar.

Looked good when I have seen him. Come through Cowdenbeath ranks?

You're right. I've always thought that if you played for a small team and you were great against the OF you were actually a good player and should play for Scotland. However it seems to be if you play for the OF and are good against a wee team then you automatically get in. :roll:

Guest Bertrand

Fox - undecided.

Whittaker was excellent in the last two games, but did you see him against Sevilla the other night? Rank! Couldn't pass go...

I reckon we have to give the guys like ross wallace, snodgrass etc the chance in this friendly to prove their worth - they play week in week out in decent leagues so we might as well blood them into the international fold and see what they've got. Dorrans is worth a shout as well, Darren Barr should be given the chance to play centre half but charlie adam is never going to be an international class footballer, he is puddin'.

For the record I think Whittaker is a very good player by the by.

so how many will pull out? My money is on 6-8 players, mainly the rangers ones.

I wonder if any bookies will take a book on it? Id say at least 7. I'd also put money on hutton on being first to pull out!

I don't think its a bad squad, but I didn't think the one for the NI game was bad and he managed to pick a really dull starting line-up and used his subs badly. Agree with whoever said he should give BArr a start, CB is a position we are dangerously short of experiance!

I'm sick of these international weekends. Is it just my memory playing tricks or did we not have these until recent years? They're a pain in the arse. We get a good win on Saturday and now we lose momentum just so Scotland can play Japan. Waste of time. Keep internationals for midweek. We're shite anyway.

I'm sick of these international weekends. Is it just my memory playing tricks or did we not have these until recent years? They're a pain in the arse. We get a good win on Saturday and now we lose momentum just so Scotland can play Japan. Waste of time. Keep internationals for midweek. We're shite anyway.

Its an internation weekend across Europe, Scotland would be playing a qualifier if we had 6 teams in our group