Season Tickets

fifefan

I have seen more publicity for the blue and white away days than I have for season tickets.

What's wrong with advertising them on the Lotto posters, maybe a banner across the high street, all of which costs nothing.

When was the last time you ever saw anything that could be construed as good, positive advertising or promoting of saints? Blue and white away days consisted of a few A4 posters which I believe were made by a guy on here and not from the club. With Paul Smith comin back it looks like we are going to stick in our ways of having a shite website and absolutely no advertising. What's the point in this season ticket deal, nobody knows about it.

When was the last time you ever saw anything that could be construed as good, positive advertising or promoting of saints? Blue and white away days consisted of a few A4 posters which I believe were made by a guy on here and not from the club. With Paul Smith comin back it looks like we are going to stick in our ways of having a shite website and absolutely no advertising. What's the point in this season ticket deal, nobody knows about it.

That was my point about the away days, it wasnt the club who done it, surely that must of seem them but nothing clicked to think it was an idea they could copy.

It's very frustrating that its left to word of mouth by fans to try entice others go look into them.

The hiring out of empty premises last summer worked well and seemed to have an impact. Hence we don't do it again.

Well yes, 3rd is most peoples preferred option including mine, however, that is now outside Saints control. To date, the board has done everything the fans have asked so if the SFL vote them into thethe first Saints get punished?

It's very easy to say that it's now out of Saints' control and that the board has done everything asked. Can we be certain that our chairman didn't say 'no' to Newco, already knowing in the back of his mind that it wouldn't be too detrimental as he, and others, would soon write up a letter of proposals in an attempt to blackmail the SFL clubs? I'm not saying that Steve Brown was involved in this, but I'm sure many supporters are holding off from getting season tickets until they receive clarification on this matter. That's certainly what my reason is.

And for me, it isn't about 'punishing' Saints. It wouldn't be a boycott. It would simply be that I no longer enjoy regularly paying money to watch a competition which is geared towards two teams when, in fact, any other team in the same circumstances would be made to apply for the 3rd division.

i want to get the season ticket with the home european game included and i think today is the last day but unfortunately there is still too many unknowns for me regarding this rangers saga. I feel exactly as The Real Saints says above.

the sfl clubs are free to vote as they want. forget talk about pressure on them, the choice is theirs.

i) they can vote rangers into the third division, yes or no

ii) they can allow the board to move them to the first division, yes or no

iii) they can let dundee move to the spl, yes or no

they have three seperate votes. they can easily say no to ii) and could say no to i) if they wanted.

fans wanted rangers out of spl and saints have done that. now help your club cope with the financial loss and get your ticket bought.

saints first always.

I have been abroad the last 2/3 days and am catching up now . Has there been a change as before I went away the talk was of SFL clubs not to be given the option of voting newco Rangers into Division Three.

SFL chief executive David Longmuir said clubs would be asked whether they accept the Ibrox club in the SFL, followed by supplementary questions, which he did not elaborate on.

Stenhousemuir had backed up Clyde's assertion that SFA chief executive Stewart Regan had effectively left them with two options once the newco's SPL bid failed - vote them into the First Division or there would be an SPL2 breakaway. Stenhousemuir revealed they would vote in favour of the proposal as they would otherwise risk the future of the club.

HAS THIS SITUATION CHANGED OR DO THE BOARD STILL CLAIM THEY HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE DIV 1 OR DIV 3 ??

AS STEVEN SAID IN HIS EXCELLENT ARTICLE

This Friday the 13th is going to make, or break Scottish Football. Let’s make sure it MAKES it.

Edited by belfastsaintee

I have been abroad the last 2/3 days and am catching up now . Has there been a change as before I went away the talk was of SFL clubs not to be given the option of voting newco Rangers into Division Three.

SFL chief executive David Longmuir said clubs would be asked whether they accept the Ibrox club in the SFL, followed by supplementary questions, which he did not elaborate on.

Stenhousemuir had backed up Clyde's assertion that SFA chief executive Stewart Regan had effectively left them with two options once the newco's SPL bid failed - vote them into the First Division or there would be an SPL2 breakaway. Stenhousemuir revealed they would vote in favour of the proposal as they would otherwise risk the future of the club.

HAS THIS SITUATION CHANGED OR DO THE BOARD STILL CLAIM THEY HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE DIV 1 OR DIV 3 ??

i read it like above pal.

the clubs have a seperate vote on whether to let the board put them in sfl1. first vote is on them going into sfl3 i thought.

there is no way clubs will let board put them in sfl1. imvho.

the sfl clubs are free to vote as they want. forget talk about pressure on them, the choice is theirs.

they have three seperate votes. they can easily say no to ii) and could say no to i) if they wanted.

fans wanted rangers out of spl and saints have done that. now help your club cope with the financial loss and get your ticket bought.

saints first always.

A nonsense post, to be fair. Firstly, it is the SFL board who will decide if Dundee or Dunfermline go to the SPL, not the SFL clubs in general.

Secondly, they won't get a vote on whether they go to Division 3 or not. It is 1st Division or nothing, according to Stewart Regan.

Finally, have you actually read the proposals given to the SFL clubs? To say there is no pressure on the SFL clubs is absurd. It clearly states that, if the SFL clubs vote against Rangers, then there will be plans to create a breakaway SPL and SPL2, and any team who voted against Rangers will NOT be invited to either of these leagues. If that isn't pressure, I don't know what is. If Saints have been involved, then they are clearly in the wrong here.

A nonsense post, to be fair. Firstly, it is the SFL board who will decide if Dundee or Dunfermline go to the SPL, not the SFL clubs in general.

Secondly, have you actually read the proposals given to the SFL clubs? To say there is no pressure on the SFL clubs is absurd. It clearly states that, if the SFL clubs vote against Rangers, then there will be plans to create a breakaway SPL and SPL2, and any team who voted against Rangers will NOT be invited to either of these leagues. If that isn't pressure, I don't know what is. If Saints have been involved, then they are clearly in the wrong here.

rubbish.

the sfl clubs can vote as they like and if they stick as a unit then there cannot be an spl2 can there.

if fans don't want to buy season tickets and support saints they should just say rather than make excuses.

saints first always

SAINTS FIRST ALWAYS

rubbish.

the sfl clubs can vote as they like and if they stick as a unit then there cannot be an spl2 can there.

if fans don't want to buy season tickets and support saints they should just say rather than make excuses.

saints first always

SAINTS FIRST ALWAYS

Umm, no, but you're clearly wrong. The SFL clubs would have no say in the creation of an SPL2.

And I do desperately want to buy a season ticket. For you to even say that people like me are making 'excuses' is proof of what I have seen hinted in your previous posts on this thread, and I find it deeply disrespectful. There are too many supporters like you who would blindly follow their club no matter what, claiming to be 'better' fans in the process. I have been to almost every home match for years, and the majority of away matches. I love my club just as much as you, as well as the many other Saints fans on here, but I still realise this would be one step too far.

For the last 25 years i have believed my money and my fathers money have been spent watching the great game of scottish football. the problem is it now appears it may have actually been some sort of american wrestling style "soccertainment" with every other club outside the OF making up the numbers. If this was to be proved true that would be the sole reason I would turn away from Scottish football , IT WOULD NOT BE FOOTBALL ANYMORE.

saints first always.

Buy a ticket to watch a competition rigged for the blue team? I think you are forgetting the immense nature of the cheating, lies and deceit.

I agree about supporting Saints, and I try to home and away......sadly this may force me to attend European and friendly matches only.

For the last 25 years i have believed my money and my fathers money have been spent watching the great game of scottish football. the problem is it now appears it may have actually been some sort of american wrestling style "soccertainment" with every other club outside the OF making up the numbers. If this was to be proved true that would be the sole reason I would turn away from Scottish football , IT WOULD NOT BE FOOTBALL ANYMORE.

Couldn't agree more on this, I've been going regularly since 1976 and the Bristol game could be my last of the season......

Good move by the club for those who are waiting for the outcome of Fridays SFL meeting before getting their ST's. Now if everything turns out the way you want it to, you will still get into the home Euro tie on yer ST.

Well done Steve Brown and the Board..:D

After a perhaps understandably sluggish start, sales of season tickets for the new campaign have picked up in recent days and many Saints fans are clearly looking forward to the new season and all that it entails.

Fans will be aware that the club previously advised that if a season ticket was purchased before Wednesday 11th July that the first home Europa League game would be included and we are pleased to announce today that that deadline has been extended by one week to Wednesday 18th July.

Chairman Steve Brown said: “I’m keen for as many fans as possible to be able to get the European tie included in their season ticket package and having the away leg first gives us more scope to do that.”

The club is also keen to again emphasise that assistance can be given to supporters who may be holding off on purchasing a season ticket because of financial constraints. Although the deadline for the payment plan for Zebra Finance has now passed the club remains happy to accept applications from fans who wish to split the cost of their season ticket into two instalments. This particularly applies to but is not exclusive to family groups who may wish to use the Ormond Family Stand in the season ahead.

Steve continued: “We are very aware of the need to be as flexible as we can so please do not rule out your ability to purchase a season ticket without first speaking to our Ticket Office on 01738 455000.”