No Huns in Europe

Ray Blair

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away tae feck Mike...I will never be unhappy when one of the OF get pumped 4-1 at home by anyone. When it happens twice....

47831.gif

I can see how some think, ah feck them.

The bigger person looks at the whole picture and its BAD for us :wink:

Its funny them getting such a pumping, but I was willing them tae win before it went tits up

I can see how some think, ah feck them.

The bigger person looks at the whole picture and its BAD for us :wink:

Its funny them getting such a pumping, but I was willing them tae win before it went tits up

Why is it bad for us.. Here's a couple of quotes from P&B which sum up exactly what it means to everyone else..

I don't really care tbh. If the co-efficient goes down it means the OF will get less CL money and someone can maybe catch them in the SPL.

Who cares how scottish football is looked at around europe apart from when the national team plays? Italians, Spanish, Romanian...hell even English people have never heard of Morton, Stirling, St Mirren, Cowdenbeath or East Stirling.

If we cared so much about what foreigners thought of us we'd suport a team they'd actually heard of.

Every SPL team has a few players that ten years ago would not have got a game. The standard continues to slide and while it is possible to paper over the cracks domestically when we play in Europe we get exposed for what we are i.e. poor teams from a poor league. While I can laugh at either side of the OF getting pumped last night I actually felt ashamed to be Scottish. Never mind co-efficient blah-blah the future is pretty bleak at least in the short term. Were SHITE and we know we are!!

Every SPL team has a few players that ten years ago would not have got a game. The standard continues to slide and while it is possible to paper over the cracks domestically when we play in Europe we get exposed for what we are i.e. poor teams from a poor league. While I can laugh at either side of the OF getting pumped last night I actually felt ashamed to be Scottish. Never mind co-efficient blah-blah the future is pretty bleak at least in the short term. Were SHITE and we know we are!!

Last season I'd have laughed but this is the team we just lost to getting gubbed at home by a team who won't get too much further in the Champions League and the others will want if they qualify. The SPL is indeed a diddy league.

Echoes my thoughts entirely. It says not a lot for the SPL that our teams are filled with players that no big clubs want. Last season Hamilton Accies lost supposedly the two brightest talents who between them have managed 16 mins between them in league football. When the pride comes back the football might improve.

Some views are very short sighted. Rangers and Celtic are currently part of our league - we are stuck with them for the time being.

Having them lose a little bit of extra dosh will not close the gap long term and any who actually believe that are seriously deluded.

We rely on Rangers and Celtic maximising their potential in Europe to generate income to develop, and yes purchase up coming Scottish Internationals at a decent price and continue to get the money in Scotland. This affect our National Side as well!!!!

The OF having a decent side on the park increases the retail value of our product which is reflected in any TV deal. That affect us!

When the OF Fail to deliver on the European Stage our co-efficient is effected which means more difficult ties for our next string and also a reduction in the number of entrants that are allowed. This season we 2 teams in the Europa League (Motherwelll excluded as entry gained through fairplay) however we will more than likely find soon that one of these places will be filled by SPL runners up and one of these places will be lost to teams outside OF.

If we were to finish 4th in a few years and not get in to Europe, I wonder how all of you would feel then knowing it could have been another little adventure.

I do take a little satisfaction when it happens of course, but at the end of the day it does affect us and I will always continue to will both the OF well when they enter european competition until such time that they are not part of our league.

Rant over!

Edited by Mike180279