Best Stadium in Europe at Present

25e Ainslie Place

Now that Gr?tna s shithole is no longer in use it would have to be the Amsterdam Arena for me.Been in lots of areas of this stadium and the view ia always superb.If you add in brilliant transport to and from the ground no hassle catering and Bars and other facilities too( inc museum) It is a first class venue.p.s. the after match entertainment in the toon is no bad either!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The standing area has to be changed into seating for international games, good feature if you ask me to be able to change!!
I watched a programme on ITV4 last night about football rivalries. Dortmund looks a cracking place to be during a derby!!

There was also a bit of when the new schalke stadium was opened. The fans were consulted, they asked for a 20k Terrace, they were given 15k. Its no all bad.

Edited by Mike180279

San Siro is a bit of a dive but i went to a night time serie a match between ac and parma there a few seasons back and the place was just crackling with this great atmosphere, a myriad of flares in the home and away ends, wee pocket of parma fans sang constantly for 90 mins, was just everything i thought it would be to be honest, think there were about 60,000 there.

Other notables WestfallonStadion in Dortmund is pretty incredible, as are Hamburgs stadium and the Arena in Gelsenkirchen (the Germans do know how to build a good footie stadium now that they have got rid of the compelling need to put a running track around the pitch!). Did like stadium of light in lisbon too but did not manage to watch a match there.

Not been to santiago bernabeau yet, UK wise Tynecastle when full and buzzing takes a fair bit of beating imo.

I thought the San Siro was brilliant when I went in terms of view and atmosphere, it's probably my favourite stadium.

Old Trafford is shite (too cramped, poor view), most of the newish premiership grounds that I've been to are pretty samey and a bit dull with the exception of The Emirates which (as BH says) has a great view of the pitch and is a great place to watch a game.

The new Wembley is awful: crap view, no atmosphere, more like an airport departure lounge than a football Stadium

I thought the San Siro was brilliant when I went in terms of view and atmosphere, it's probably my favourite stadium.

Old Trafford is shite (too cramped, poor view), most of the newish premiership grounds that I've been to are pretty samey and a bit dull with the exception of The Emirates which (as BH says) has a great view of the pitch and is a great place to watch a game.

The new Wembley is awful: crap view, no atmosphere, more like an airport departure lounge than a football Stadium

would you prefer quoonze fae scoune hovering above mcd ?

Edited by ANDY5565

I was at Wembley for the League 1 Play Off Final and thought it was a great stadium, even though the escalators were broken and the beer was expensive. Would've tarnised my view of the place if I had to stand on escalators like I was in a shopping centre.

I was sitting 5 rows from the back and couldn't fault the view in any way. Obviously you're far away from the action but it's a 90,000 seat stadium so what do you expect?

I'm not impressed by new age stadiums and tend to have a prejucided opinion of them, so I wouldn't be creaming my pants over a "panoramic view" or "clean toilets".

• 4 months later...

Not been to the stade itself but the town is braw...is toulouse f.c. The club derek played for before returning home..there stade is a pure gem..im on tfc site..theres photos of their stade..and a team squad photo with derek..i cant upload..any takers? Would look good on fanzine..also for dereks departure gift..tracing his career