#26 - 03/02/10 - Saints 2-0 Rangers - SPL

bobby kemp

Seems the USH may have hit a problem, Geoff is quoted as saying the pipes may have become iced up as the water temperature you use to thaw the ground is 42 degrees and the area frozen is the furthest point from the boiler and 42 degrees is not warm enough to unfreeze the pipes once they start. The USH pipes are meant to be 200mm below the surface but GB is calling in the experts to check as he says they may be up to 50mm higher than that as they were laid by dragging them through with a tractor.

We will wait and see but reading a lot of 'our fans' thoughts on here I am sure they will only be happy once we have sanctions against us and a huge fine :evil:

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of information is always a problem John but the 'power' to distribute information is not always in Saints gift - and I mean via national media not a Twitter account. The reason that the Saints v Falkirk, Airdrie v Saints game attracted minimal media interest is that the national media platforms are more interested in circulating information that involves Rangers and Celtic.

They pursue easy stories about old firm daily. Rather than question why a near bankrupt club were staying in a luxury Perthshire hotel they'd rather publish Martin Bain's views as if they are the truth.

Saints are not perfect but nor are they getting a fair crack of the whip.

Of course they are more interested in circulating info about the OF, they'd be daft not to seeing as they are the biggest supported teams in the country. Of course you could argue thats one of the reasons they are the biggest supported teams....

Paranoia used to be the realm of the Celtic support :)

From the daily rag after our game with falkirk.

"We will draw our conclusions from those and take things from there. If it has to be forwarded to the SPL board there is a meeting in a couple of weeks." Motherwell were hit with a suspended fine of £20,000 last season following difficulties with their pitch.

And a similar punishment could be issued this time if Falkirk are deemed to have been culpable for the postponement.

Oh dear. Dont know if that happened yet, surely a warning would suffice as its the first time.

btw it was -8 this morning!

"We will draw our conclusions from those and take things from there. If it has to be forwarded to the SPL board there is a meeting in a couple of weeks." Motherwell were hit with a suspended fine of £20,000 last season following difficulties with their pitch.

And a similar punishment could be issued this time if Falkirk are deemed to have been culpable for the postponement.

Oh dear. Dont know if that happened yet, surely a warning would suffice as its the first time.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Falkirk are not going to be punished for the new year postponement

a suspended fine is just a warning though. You only have to pay it if you are naughty again in the period the fine is suspended.

dont know i this has been mentiond elsewhere but im confused as to why saints choose to select certain games handing out vouchers. im pretty certain it wasnt sold out so why weren't vouchers handed out at the hibs game? Also now we have more time til the next rangers game if we have any more home games in between get the vouchers handed out. not eveyone is on wap so so even if it means only an extra few turn up its still more saintees at a game an the club should do everything to get the supporters in.

Good bit with Geoff in the daily record - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/st-johnstone/2010/02/22/late-call-off-at-st-johnstone-will-never-be-repeated-vows-apologetic-saints-chairman-geoff-brown-86908-22060815/

as said above -

""I didn't even consider that anything might be wrong with the pitch on Saturday. We're still not sure what's happened but I fear there's ice in our pipes at the ground.

"Around Christmas we were around minus 16 at McDiarmid Park. Those pipes are supposed to be just over 200 millimetres into the ground but considering they were put in with just a plough that pulled them through - they could easily be 50 mm above that.

"So if there's ice in the pipes and its stopped the water going round, that's where the problem could lie. With undersoil heating you heat the water to 42 degrees.

"To thaw ice at that temperature would take a bit of doing. There's obviously been a malfunction in our system.

"The area where the problem was is around 120 metres away from our boiler house, it's the furthest away part of the pitch. But we'll have the guys in tomorrow to try to get it sorted out."

Can almost guarantee this game gets rescheduled for March 31, meaning another game has been rescheduled for a date where I'm on holiday. Magic.

As long as it doesn't interfere with preparations for an old firm game then thats all that matters :rolleyes:

Even if we have to play 3 games in 6 days to accomodate.

just heard has the groundsman been sacked...my mate at school knows him?

so its his fault we got frost saturday night. its his fault the USH is frozen. its his fault the stand casts a shadow over the pitch. its his fault they cut corners and made a balls up when they installed the USH by not putting it down far enough what a dahm shame.

just heard has the groundsman been sacked...my mate at school knows him?

If that's true, he's been used as a scapegoat for Saturday! :evil:

The amount of work that Chris and Stevie do round the ground (not just looking after the pitch) during the week and match day is what people would think 4/5 people would be employed for.

Being the size of club we are, we do not have the luxury of having a groundsman who's dedicated to tending to only the pitch.

If it has happened, then I know where I'm looking for who's deflecting blame from themselves!

If that's true, he's been used as a scapegoat for Saturday! :evil:

The amount of work that Chris and Stevie do round the ground (not just looking after the pitch) during the week and match day is what people would think 4/5 people would be employed for.

Being the size of club we are, we do not have the luxury of having a groundsman who's dedicated to tending to only the pitch.

If it has happened, then I know where I'm looking for who's deflecting blame from themselves!

Go on then , where???

For me, the buck should stop with Duff , but until this is confirmed I will keep my powder dry..

That statement alone is the first salvo. The accusation is not keeping your powder dry. Evidence?

Not at all John:D I am merely stating that as the MD and the man who is in charge of the day to day running of the club that Stewart Duff is ultimately responsible for everything.. And by responsible, I don't mean that every thing is his fault, I mean it is his responsibilty. Ultimately, major decisions are or should be down to him..

I hope that's cleared that up for you:wink:

Not at all John:D I am merely stating that as the MD and the man who is in charge of the day to day running of the club that Stewart Duff is ultimately responsible for everything.. And by responsible, I don't mean that every thing is his fault, I mean it is his responsibilty. Ultimately, major decisions are or should be down to him..

I hope that's cleared that up for you:wink:

Certainly has Ghostie. I am just concerned that we dont start another witch hunt. Now I didn't think that was your objective but we are carrying a number of reactionaries right now.

I'm really getting sick of reading anything on the bbc these days...

Chick Young....

"In Perth, where of all places you would think they might know about the land, they couldn't look out of a window and decide the playing surface was a bit iffy. They should hang their heads in shame at St Johnstone. "

I'm really getting sick of reading anything on the bbc these days...

Chick Young....

"In Perth, where of all places you would think they might know about the land, they couldn't look out of a window and decide the playing surface was a bit iffy. They should hang their heads in shame at St Johnstone. "

He's a funny guy Charles, that sort of patter had run it's course a decade ago. What next, cardboard cut-outs?