Seven Games to the split.. Can we make top 6??

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only we hadn't lost to Kevin Kyle FC, erm, I mean Kilmarnock 3 times...:sad:

You're right. Even if we'd just had a draw and a win out of these three games that's four extra points and one behind Hearts.

It's not on now though but 7th or 8th is fine for a first season in the SPL..

i actually like the split it gives the teams in the middle of the league a little bit of excitement. we're not gonna make europe or get relegated so it gives us something to play for

But in practice it's actually going to end up having the opposite effect for Saints this year. If the split wasn't there, Saints would have the rest of the season to aim to work our way as high up the table as possible. Because of the split, we're going to be stuck after the split, unable to move any higher, and with a bunch of games that will be completely meaningless to us.

But in practice it's actually going to end up having the opposite effect for Saints this year. If the split wasn't there, Saints would have the rest of the season to aim to work our way as high up the table as possible. Because of the split, we're going to be stuck after the split, unable to move any higher, and with a bunch of games that will be completely meaningless to us.

I don't know aberdeen and hamilton are both very close to us, I hope del and the team would want to push on and finish 7th and not 9th.

I don't know aberdeen and hamilton are both very close to us, I hope del and the team would want to push on and finish 7th and not 9th.

If we keep punting high balls and playing 4-5-1 we'll be 9th.

Before the season started that would have been fine.

Having seen how we can play, that would be a big disappointment.

I don't disagree - but is it a positive thing that "pushing on" will probably now mean trying to stay 7th, whereas were it not for the split it would mean aiming to get above 6th? I just can't see anything positive about manufacturing a system where a false target ("top 6") is preferred to genuine achievement (getting as many points as you can over the season, and then finishing in the position that those points merit).

keep the faith t shirts coming back out the drawers!! After saturday only a craazy man would have given us a chance but now u never know.

midden will give hearts a tough game then hearts v killie could go either way.

derby game for us can go anyway esp with us having home advantage . i can see it coming down to the aberdeen game which is on the box

Don't jinx it.......let's aim for 7th, 4 points from the next 2 would be good.

If Hearts fail against 2 relegation threatened teams then it's possible.

4 points will still be tough, let's not forget that Aberdeen could still be in with an outside shot by the time we play them.

Hearts run in is easier, so its doubtful.

But, again like versus Hibs and rangers, were going against two teams that will get the ball down.

We play alot better against those types of teams as we can also play our own game.

We seem to struggle with the crappy unskilled teams that just kick everything everywhere and give the opposition no time whatsoever, like st mirren, falkirk and hamilton.

I originally thought after the Hamilton game that we wouldn't do it but even though we have a last two games in Aberdeen and United there is all to play for. Hearts have to play desperate for points St.Mirren and Killie are a weird team who might take points off them too. So it's worth a go!