#35 - 20/03/10 - Celtic 3-0 Saints - SPL

Peanut did as well as could be expected given that he has hardly played any football for months.

There has been no reserve matches to keep the squad sharp.

Criticism of the man is wide of the mark IMO

Yeah, that's fine but the bottom line is that he was a passenger. That's a tragedy for a player who should have departed with dignity.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did well, always looked to create but always willing to track-back. Don't think he wasted a pass, unlike a certain wizard to wasted a few balls and gave away a stupid freekick that led to their opener.

He certainly won't have won over the critics, but the real fans saw another glimpse of what he can do. Put it this way, had Midgie been playing there he'd be getting pelters on here. Midgie would never have coped in the wide position.

Swankie was ok, nothing better!

We've seen these "glimpses" for a while now! That's why people get so frustrated with him! If he could produce these "glimpses" over a prolonged period then he'd be a good player!

Peanut did as well as could be expected given that he has hardly played any football for months.

There has been no reserve matches to keep the squad sharp.

Criticism of the man is wide of the mark IMO

I would agree with that. I wasnt at the game, but just watched the whole 90 minutes on T.V there, and thought that the majority of our attacking play was coming through Sheerin. He played a couple of great passes in behind the Celtic defence, and was always looking for the ball.

Whilst i wouldnt have Sheerin im my starting 11 (if the squad was fully fit) - i still think he has role to play, between now and the end of the season.

Whilst i wouldnt have Sheerin im my starting 11 (if the squad was fully fit) - i still think he has role to play, between now and the end of the season.

I would suggest that, with him being Captain yesterday when Mackay who has previously captained was on the park, his opportunities may be extremely limited if he even does play again.

If it wasn't his farewell, Del made a massive mistake giving Mr Sheerin the armband.

Not sure I would agree that it was a massive mistake. being captain should be mainly symbolic for a professional football player. The manager and his assistant will organise and the players should be capable of motivating themselves. However I do see where you are coming from saying Mackay is a better captain.

Yeah, that's fine but the bottom line is that he was a passenger. That's a tragedy for a player who should have departed with dignity.

The same player who wanted a loan move at Xmas and wasnt allowed one.

Poor guys desperate to play football, and at his age thats all he wants to do

Sorry not with you 101 on this one

The same player who wanted a loan move at Xmas and wasnt allowed one.

Poor guys desperate to play football, and at his age thats all he wants to do

Sorry not with you 101 on this one

And Del should have allowed him to go. He's gonna harm his reputation playing for us in the SPL. I really feel for the guy, he's never gonna reject the chance to play for us but he must know he can't cut it any more. Such a shame.

I really feel for the guy, he's never gonna reject the chance to play for us but he must know he can't cut it any more. Such a shame.

I'd be amazed if the guy thinks anything remotely similar to that. Just because you've decided he's past it doesn't mean that the player himself is likely to think it too, or even that you're correct in the first place (and personally I think you're completely wrong). Every time I've seen Sheerin play this season (which, by my reckoning, has been most of his games), he's shown that he still has a level of touch and class that most/all of the other players in the squad will never come anywhere near. He wasn't brilliant yesterday, but hey - we lost 3-0, so nobody was exactly terrific. I also agree with the earlier poster who mentioned that most of the positive moves Saints managed came right through The Wizard.

watched the highlights, thought the first goal was a bit of a fluke, the pen was a 50/50 some you get some you don;t, the last one was poor defending from both Swanks and Irvine, they should have got a tackle in and then swanks runs off him instead of tracking back inside the box.

The boys that got thrown out were stupid. Plenty of warning was given and we all know the rules of the game at Parkhead.

Do you know why the half dozen fans were thrown out, a couple of minutes before full time? And the fan that was thrown out a minute before kick-off?

I'd be amazed if the guy thinks anything remotely similar to that. Just because you've decided he's past it doesn't mean that the player himself is likely to think it too, or even that you're correct in the first place (and personally I think you're completely wrong). Every time I've seen Sheerin play this season (which, by my reckoning, has been most of his games), he's shown that he still has a level of touch and class that most/all of the other players in the squad will never come anywhere near. He wasn't brilliant yesterday, but hey - we lost 3-0, so nobody was exactly terrific. I also agree with the earlier poster who mentioned that most of the positive moves Saints managed came right through The Wizard.

If you listened to him at the start of the season he spoke (as Main, did) about how fortunate he was to be plying his trade in the SPL at his age. He is acutely aware of his age/failings. He actually made an off the cuff quip about his deteriorating physical condition in pre-season. His frustration yesterday was clear for all to see. He wasted balls that he normally wouldn't and that happened simply because he was tired and physical and mental performance deteriorates with faitigue.

Do you know why the half dozen fans were thrown out, a couple of minutes before full time? And the fan that was thrown out a minute before kick-off?

Not sure about the one before kick off, I did see someone going ballastic becasue they couldn't see past the steward but the steward moved straight away when asked and I think the boy stayed in.

The guys at the end were just generally being stupid. They stood on numerous occasions, to the considerable annoyance of the old codgers behind them and they were goading a knuckle dragging ***. Both the native and our boys were spoken but our boys just kept winding up the steward.

They weren't doing anything out of the ordinary but we all know the stewarding standards at Parkhead and you could tell by the stewards reactions that he was getting riled so they should have sat down and shut up. Really immature performance.

we were only havin a laugh, and havin a good old sing song nothin wrong with that was it?

we travelled though to glasgow to play one half of the old firm, and we tred to sing?

we never done anything wrong? dont understand how that can be immature?

the stewards were accusin us of being raciest and secterain? whe we clearly werent.

we just pointed out to the stewards that is the green brigade who was signin secterain songs not us? and we were told to leave the ground?

How is it we can compete with all the other teams in SPL including Rangers but always get gubbed by Celtic who rarely score more than 1 goal against the rest ?.

Cagey, I've thought about that one myself.

I reckon it's because it's not hard to sit in and defend against Celtic, but we have a go at them and attack, it leaves gaps and gives them more chances.

I still think we have a squad capable of having a go at them and getting something, even though we've been heavily beaten 3 times. Although the game at McD the sending off changed and we had our youth team on the pitch at the Declandome for the 2nd game.

we were only havin a laugh, and havin a good old sing song nothin wrong with that was it?

we travelled though to glasgow to play one half of the old firm, and we tred to sing?

we never done anything wrong? dont understand how that can be immature?

the stewards were accusin us of being raciest and secterain? whe we clearly werent.

we just pointed out to the stewards that is the green brigade who was signin secterain songs not us? and we were told to leave the ground?

just like everyone else our age you want to have a good time at ibrox and parkhead singing and giving the opposing fans grief all they done was sing your season over why dont you go home which the steward probably thought was the famine song but that steward cant just assume that they are singing that song but if you pay your money aslong as you arent causing any trouble you should be aloud to sing