#17 - 20/11/10 - Aberdeen 0-1 Saints - SPL

O'Rourke

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onwards and upwards!! A great 3 points and finally a bit of luck for a change! Great to shut up Richard Gordon on Sportsound as well after his OTT celebration live on air when they beat us earlier this season!

Richard Gordon is a brilliant broadcaster and a genuine fan of a non-Old Firm team. Soulful is on every week with his biased views on Saints so I think it's fine for RG to celebrate if his team wins. I'd rather have him celebrating his team winning than the rubbish Jim Leighton was spouting yesterday.

And, yes, a great 3 points!

Richard Gordon is a brilliant broadcaster and a genuine fan of a non-Old Firm team. Soulful is on every week with his biased views on Saints so I think it's fine for RG to celebrate if his team wins. I'd rather have him celebrating his team winning than the rubbish Jim Leighton was spouting yesterday.

And, yes, a great 3 points!

Aye tbf he doesnt get much to be excited about these days and is very frank and honest about Aberdeed, he very rarely ever shows them any real support or bias during the games.

Agreed. We've played far worse this season.

Del's tactical change after the sending off didn't work IMO and allowed Aberdeen to stay in the game (although it was a positive move to make) but any 3 points away are fantastic for us.

Re: has it gone stale for Del

No result at home to Hearts :sad:

Lucky win at Aberdeen :)

Hibs

Hamilton

Richard Gordon knows the score but has to clench his teeth. I personally think McGhee should go because all this fighting talk just comes across as denial when being interviewed. McGhee is obviously hoping that deflecting things from his players may keep things from boiling over. The thing I'm surprised about is that many of the Aberdeen fans support him when they're near bottom while thousands wanted Calderwood out when they were always in the top six and sometimes in Europe. Maybe it was the Rangers connection - Calderwood, Clark and Nicholl.

As results go it was an excellent one for Saints and to be honest a bit of a relief, even the fans were nervy as Radford's thread on playing the game out highlights. Still very stutter like but maybe that win will trigger more fluency in the football coming up to Christmas.

Edited by Ronaldo

But the way the team played got us into the position for one of there players to make such a mistake

Which in return-united a beautiful rendition by nearly every saints fan in the stadium of "One Zander Diamond -theres only One Zander Diamond" etc.....Must have brought a tear to Zanders eyes knowing that someone cared :wink:

Um, first goal we scored in almost 400 minutes of football was an own goal?

We had several other good chances to score, including hitting the post, so the fact it was eventually an own goal (created from a good move) in no way makes it a lucky win. The players efforts won the match.

We had several other good chances to score, including hitting the post, so the fact it was eventually an own goal (created from a good move) in no way makes it a lucky win. The players efforts won the match.

I agree but the lack of goals from so many so called strikers is worrying. We have the worst goals for in the league, SO FAR!!!!

Clearly absolutely delighted to get the win from what was a match I found fairly gripping inside the stadium. Both sides have been struggling to get a break and that continued/changed in the first half when Taylor rattled the post (third time in four matches) and Aluko somehow missed that chance with only Enckelman to beat. Felt we carried on from last week in a lot of ways in the first half and was pretty happy with the movement of MacDonald and Samuel up top.

Thought it was a stupid challenge from McArdle although admit it doesn't look as bad on TV as it did live. Still have to lay a lot of blame at the player though even if folk want to say the referee was harsh with him. McInnes clearly felt he had to be more positive after that and replaced Adams with Parkin but there's no doubt we were under a new sense of pressure whereas Aberdeen, if anything, started to play with a bit more freedom. Thought we started to look less and less like scoring and had said to those around me that I just couldn't see us getting a goal when quick thinking from Morris and MacDonald led to a mistake from Diamond and the barren run was over.

Probably played better on the whole last week but there were a good number of positives to take from today and it was important to end this wee bad spell before it became a bigger issue. Didn't think Enckelman was quite as assured as last week but still much happier than I was with his early performances. Duberry still looks a bit low on confidence and have seen Anderson play better. Have said before I'm not a huge fan of Maybury but it was a great late header from him to deny the Dons. Grainger was up against a good player and looked a wee bit wobbly. Midfield was more encouraging though. Morris and Davidson look like getting some form back and the latter was offering a decent attacking threat as well today. Good to see him saying he's over the ankle problems as well on BBC ALBA afterwards. Adams has been what I expected in terms of his graft but is a decent footballer too whilst Cleveland Taylor has taken the chance he was talking about looking for before the Killie game. He looks a fixture in the team at the moment but obviously the real test will come with the return of Millar and Craig. Jennison who? As touched on, thought the strikers moved the Dons defence well but when one got into a good area wide, the other needed to be getting in the danger area and it wasn't happening. Be interesting to see if they've done enough to start again next week at Hibs.

Didn't think Aberdeen were dreadful and they looked to be playing for the manager far more than they appeared to be last season.

Agree with almost all that Radford,but thought Jody dwelled on the ball too long several times and got caught in possession often,which soured an otherwise master craftsman show from the wee fellow.