#27 - 01/02/11 - Saints 2-0 Hamilton Accies - SPL

SaintDougie

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Novikovas starts we should have parkin and peaso upfront, reason being is after watching Novikovas, he likes to flys balls in from the wing and I just think these two are the better out of the strike force for heading ability, maybe we should get andy carroll on loan to help

Fail...:wink::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great result and really good stuff from May.

I can just imagine "my pal" creaming himself tonight. He has raved about the boy since the first time he saw May play. Seems you were correct my friend.

Mon the Saints.

Aye but the fact that he was sooooooooooo wrong about Parkin proves he just got lucky:laugh::laugh:

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=14401

Enough childish humour.. To the main event.. Saints were decent, and Hamilton were rotten except for a 20 minutes period in the 1st half when Saints were rotten and Hamilton looked decent.

Steven May played very well and probably should have had a hatrick. No great failures tonight and Doobs was back to his very best. As soon as we went two up , the result never was in doubt. Peaso did very well when he came on as did Alan Maybury..Not a classic but a great 3 points and another clean sheet. The new lad Harvey wotsisname really never got into the game but showed flashes and boy can he jump. Took a knock before being subbed. Hope it aint anything serious .. All in all a good night in some good company and boy did we have a laugh.. Well done Del , Doc and the rest of the team..

Bring on the Thistle:D

One word sums up tonight - Confidence.

In May we have a player who is confident in his own ability and not scared to have a go. How many players of his age would be taking free kicks 30 yards from goal? Yes he missed chances but at least we/he was making them.

Towards the end of the night there were flicks and step overs and it looked like the players were enjoying their night.

With any luck thats the last of Hamilton we see in Perth this season if we can make the top 6, however I would not mind a crack at them in the last 8 of the Scottish if we can keep this going and win again at the weekend.

Superb. Everyone played well tonight, with May standing out for his goals and Doobs for basically being a mountain. Ando was solid, Megadave was as consistent as ever, Sammy held the ball well, Novikovas looks ok and Morris was good. Craig and Millar seemed fairly quiet, but that might be because everyone else was so good. Looking forward to Saturday now, even on our tattie field pitch :laugh:

Great result and really good stuff from May.

I can just imagine "my pal" creaming himself tonight. He has raved about the boy since the first time he saw May play. Seems you were correct my friend.

Mon the Saints.

the big difference is he is ready for it this year and the way Del and Clelland have handled him and nurtured him is something which cannot go unnoticed.

Well done tonight to Saints with Ando and Davidson again outstanding,

Good result & we can look upwards now. thought Hamilton tried to play football & were more comfortable on the ball than us.

We retreated a bit after the goal giving them plenty of space to find their man.Just as well they are shite up front.

May had another good game & makes great space for himself. Plenty of confidence & even instructing other players what position to take up. Should have scored at least 5 though & can only get better.

Ando is a rock at the back & had only one miskick which gave them a corner injury time. Davidson puts in a power of work & wins most things in midfield. Jody frustrates me as he usually takes the wrong option.Doobs was immense & totally in command.

Lets now forget about who is below us & go back to playing entertaining football & attract some more fans as the attendance tonight was pitifull. Where were all the friends ?.