#34 - 12/03/11 - Saints 2-2 Brechin City - Scottish Cup

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need to keep the lines clear if it was good enough in the 50s and 80s. Its good enough for today's ladyboys....bring on the orange ball

I think the problem is possibly more likely to be the fact Brechin's pitch is probably already quite heavy. Snow falling on a firm pitch you can get away with but on a soft pitch, it's just not gonna happen.

As keen as everyone is for this to be on, you can't help but feel they are just delaying the inevitable.

Just back from Glebe Park and everyone there is extremely positive the game will be on. Officially the police have given the go ahead. There is no problem with surrounding roads or terracing. The snow is still falling but a bit wet so not lying on salted areas. The pitch has been cleared and volunteers will keep clearing right up until kick off if need be. They have even got coloured paint to colour the lines

It is entirely down to the ref who just arrived as I was leaving 10 minutes ago. We should hear pretty soon but as I say, Brechin are pulling out all the stops to ensure the game goes ahead.

Just back from Glebe Park and everyone there is extremely positive the game will be on. Officially the police have given the go ahead. There is no problem with surrounding roads or terracing. The snow is still falling but a bit wet so not lying on salted areas. The pitch has been cleared and volunteers will keep clearing right up until kick off if need be. They have even got coloured paint to colour the lines

It is entirely down to the ref who just arrived as I was leaving 10 minutes ago. We should hear pretty soon but as I say, Brechin are pulling out all the stops to ensure the game goes ahead.

Cheers for that Drew..:wink:

I think the problem is possibly more likely to be the fact Brechin's pitch is probably already quite heavy. Snow falling on a firm pitch you can get away with but on a soft pitch, it's just not gonna happen.

As keen as everyone is for this to be on, you can't help but feel they are just delaying the inevitable.

I think you might be right. If it churns it will help with the clearance of the snow but it all depends how the ball will bounce if at all.