#39 - 09/04/11 - Dundee Utd 2-0 Saints - SPL

Del just been on the radio and is scathing of the ref and Swanson.

I am sure he will be facing a hefty fine for his comments, even though they are true, he was trying to help the ref by telling his players to get on with the match instead of moaning after the goal and was sent to the stand for moving out of the technical area. Ando;s first booking was for the first tackle in the match whilst his second was for a dive by the United player.

Del said that Tummilty apologised for the penal;ty that he gave Hearts the last time he refereed us.

Be interesting watching the highlights and if it does show how bad the ref was.

As for the team they again could not be faulted and in Davidson had the stand out player on the park.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the reactions on this thread during the match, was there nothing said in the radio commentary about the fact that Danny Swanson blatantly dived to get Steven Anderson sent off? That really surprises me. I had a great view of the incident, and Ando didn't even go for a tackle. Swanson knew that Anderson had committed two fouls already and would probably get sent off if he made it look authentic. The sad thing was, it didn't look authentic and the abysmal linesman fell for it. Swanson actually sickened me, as did many of the United players who were diving all over the place. You know it is a sad day when Goodwillie is far from the main cause of the opposition fans' anger. McInnes was right to be fuming, as were the supporters. An absolute disgrace all around, including the officials.

As for the performance, we did fine given the situation which we had been forced into. Sammy put in a tireless shift, up front by himself for a lot of the match. Davidson was excellent also.

We still need a bloody goal though.

Edited by The Real Saints

All very well greeting about referee's,but fkn woeful up front

what pisses meoff we could have had Maltese striker Micheal Mifsud for FREE!!!!!

He has played in norway germany andengland,would score for fun here in spl.

playing with a pair of taylors dummys up front..pish pish pish!!!!:cry:

Total disgrace of a referee and Swanson's antics were ridiculous. Andos first booking should at most have been a warning - 49 secs into the game fer chrissake. Swanson then proceeded to bump into Ando at every opportunity. Even when he went down for the umpteenth time I thought Tumilty was going to book him for diving - the red card was simply the result of refereeing incompetence.

Goal was a mile offside - Saints defence stopped and everyone though the ref was going to give the freekick. Cue protests at the linesman and a booking for Doobs - with Del sent to the stand for daring to tell the players to calm down.

Fair play to Saints though we battled for the whole game - I'm convinced if we hadn't had to sacrifice Peaso at the red card we'd have taken at least a point. As it was all we probably needed was a referee that wasn't an idiot.

Previous non OF managers have been fined/touchline ban etc for less things. The fact he was also sent to the stand hasn't helped. He called Danny Swanson a cheat basically, even if he is, McInnes isn't really allowed to say that.

We should seek advice from Lennon and McBride. :shock:

Mr Mike Tumilty and his Main Stand Assistant are both living and breathing monuments to ineptitude. They should be able to deal with conmen like Swanson. It wasn't as if he was the only Utd player who was at the capers either...:evil:

I heard Spencie's interview with The Gaffer after the game and although Del was seething I thought he was very diplomatic in his criticism of the officials and Mr Swanson. No doubt he will be in trouble though.:?

Peter Houston and his team should be very ashamed of themselves tonight.

Tumility's resignation should be on his boss's desk on Monday morning.

Previous non OF managers have been fined/touchline ban etc for less things. The fact he was also sent to the stand hasn't helped. He called Danny Swanson a cheat basically, even if he is, McInnes isn't really allowed to say that.

Were you actually there HSF??

He will get a 2 game ban for being sent to the stand which I think he should appeal. He went from his technical area to help the ref and linesman y getting the players to get on with the game.

As for his comments he was very careful in his description, he does noy use the word cheat, he says he threw himself but the ref got it wrong,

Were you actually there HSF??

He will get a 2 game ban for being sent to the stand which I think he should appeal. He went from his technical area to help the ref and linesman y getting the players to get on with the game.

As for his comments he was very careful in his description, he does noy use the word cheat, he says he threw himself but the ref got it wrong,

No I wasn't there but I have hears and listened to the post match interview. He didn't use the word cheat but with his "careful description" it's exactly what he meant.

You know what the S.F.A are like, one wee bad word against any referee and you're in trouble.

Mr Mike Tumilty and his Main Stand Assistant are both living and breathing monuments to ineptitude. They should be able to deal with conmen like Swanson. It wasn't as if he was the only Utd player who was at the capers either...:evil:

I heard Spencie's interview with The Gaffer after the game and although Del was seething I thought he was very diplomatic in his criticism of the officials and Mr Swanson. No doubt he will be in trouble though.:?

Peter Houston and his team should be very ashamed of themselves tonight.

Tumility's resignation should be on his boss's desk on Monday morning.

Tumility will probably come out smelling of roses like most of the other officials do when they get things wrong.

Can it just be coincidence that a team like Dundee Utd has many divers in their squad. :?

No I wasn't there but I have hears and listened to the post match interview. He didn't use the word cheat but with his "careful description" it's exactly what he meant.

You know what the S.F.A are like, one wee bad word against any referee and you're in trouble.

what are HEARS???? :) Are they horns with ears on them

Mike Tumilty and his fellow officials should be ashamed of themselves and at the very least make a public apology for their display of ineptitude today, they ruined the game and should be held accountable.

Likewise Peter Houston and the majority of his players should be ashamed of their actions today, I for one would be disgusted if the vast majority of my team played football in such a manner. Houstons actions towards the St Johnstone support were a disgrace and should not be the actions of a man whom is assistant to our national team.

On the other hand, I am delighted and proud to be a St Johnstone supporter tonight. Despite being conspired against our players team spirit and willingness to work for our beloved blue shirt shown through today. Del's post match interview was a fine example of what an asset he is to our club.

For me all our of players put in a good shift, however Kevin Moon and Alan Maybury were the standouts for me. I still think the midfielders need to gamble more and try and get beyond our strikers (ala Naismith last Tuesday) which will help us in our quest to get that elusive goal!

This time next week folks, we will all be celebrating being in our first ever Scottish Cup Final!

Re. United's first goal, my gut instinct (like everyone else's) was yards offside but I wonder if the whole active/passive, first phase/second phase nonsense maybe came into play??

Will need to wait until I see the highlights on Sportscene.

McInnes has seen it again and is positive that he is 2 yarsds offside Jimbo.. I am glad , given my ranting and raving at refs that I was not there today. It is about time we took positive action over poor officials. I will wait to see the highlights and if the two decision are as clear cut wrond as is being stated, I will be firing off a complaint to the SPL and will urge others to do the same. If we have TV evidence of the refs incompetence then they MUST take some action against tumilty.

McInnes has seen it again and is positive that he is 2 yarsds offside Jimbo.. I am glad , given my ranting and raving at refs that I was not there today. It is about time we took positive action over poor officials. I will wait to see the highlights and if the two decision are as clear cut wrond as is being stated, I will be firing off a complaint to the SPL and will urge others to do the same. If we have TV evidence of the refs incompetence then they MUST take some action against tumilty.

and the cheatin' wee united pr!ck