Summer clear out!

SJFC1988-

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHERE is all the money coming from to purchase a new squad -we struggle to generate income as it is ------even with a "proposed" clear out

Agreed aincient. Not only do we not have the funds for major changes we need to then entice players away from the Greater Glasgow area.

indeed Motherwell,Hamilton,St Mirren,Kilmarnock,Falkirk etc. Have more appeall to players than travelling up to Perth especially youngsters who i feel is the way ahead and not past it hasbeens from down south or players returning for last pay days.

Agreed aincient. Not only do we not have the funds for major changes we need to then entice players away from the Greater Glasgow area.

indeed Motherwell,Hamilton,St Mirren,Kilmarnock,Falkirk etc. Have more appeall to players than travelling up to Perth especially youngsters who i feel is the way ahead and not past it hasbeens from down south or players returning for last pay days.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to pay many transfer fees. If we release players that frees up a salary to bring in an unattached player.

Can't see the Glasgow issue being a major problem. If a player decides to opt for Falkirk over us due to the travel being a little longer then I'd suggest he's not worth a salary anyway.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to pay many transfer fees. If we release players that frees up a salary to bring in an unattached player.

Can't see the Glasgow issue being a major problem. If a player decides to opt for Falkirk over us due to the travel being a little longer then I'd suggest he's not worth a salary anyway.

Tony it is an issue now with the standard of salary now on offer around the scottish game travelling cost can come into it Owen Coyle struggled to get players come up to perth during his time probabably how we now train at stirling

Tony it is an issue now with the standard of salary now on offer around the scottish game travelling cost can come into it Owen Coyle struggled to get players come up to perth during his time probabably how we now train at stirling

Sorry CH, even with this point and increasing fuel prices I can't agree it should be a deciding factor when picking a club. They should be considering facitities and job security. Falkirk (and others) are in dodgy financial positions.

I'm still surprised by the level of support for Morris. Would obviously be at the top end of our earners list but simply hasn't performed this year, and certainly hasn't lead by example.

The sooner we start looking at youth over english journeyman footballers, looking for an easy last paycheque, the better the club will be in the longrun.

I know i will always be more forgiving of a hard working youngster, than some lazy overpaid 'superstar' that thinks they are bigger than the club.

The sign of a good management structure at a club our size is turning a group of average players into a great team. On paper we have some good players but as a team we have been devoid of any noteworthy quality most of the season.

Sorry CH, even with this point and increasing fuel prices I can't agree it should be a deciding factor when picking a club. They should be considering facitities and job security. Falkirk (and others) are in dodgy financial positions.

Thats a good point to get over TP probably Dave and Muzz could be utilised in that respect

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Remind me. Where are Gretna now?

Livingston and Dundee are another two examples of clubs that tried to buy success by living outwith their means. Look what happened to them.

Totally agree Herts. Stoopid arguement from JF.

Ask yourself this, would you prefer:

One shot at glory at the expense of the long term safetly/survival of the club.

or

The knowledge that we will have a club for many many years to come and that will make regular quarter finals, the odd semi-final and the very occasional cup final, and if you are very lucky, an adventure in Europe

PLAY IN THE NEXT 5 GAMES - A LAST CHANCE

Caddis – Played a couple of games at the start of the season and did well. Had a bad game (against Celtic I think) and has only been warming the bench now and again since

Reynolds – If he is only going to dust the bench perhaps he should approach some of the clubs where he had a loan spell for a full time contract

Everyone will have different opinions on the senior players and there will be tens of different combinations when it comes to who folk would like to see stay and who go but are we really at the stage where a 17-year-old is in the last chance saloon? Caddis can play for the U19s for another year at least (maybe two?) so what is the rush to decide whether he is good enough for the first team?

For me i'd let go of:

Gartland, Sammy, Jackson, Peaso, Parkin, Taylor.

I think we need to be realistic. The budget is going to be stretched as it is without paying off guys that are under contract. It would cost far too much to send Gartland or Parkin on their way, unless there is another club willing to take them on.

Everyone will have different opinions on the senior players and there will be tens of different combinations when it comes to who folk would like to see stay and who go but are we really at the stage where a 17-year-old is in the last chance saloon? Caddis can play for the U19s for another year at least (maybe two?) so what is the rush to decide whether he is good enough for the first team?

I think we need to be realistic. The budget is going to be stretched as it is without paying off guys that are under contract. It would cost far too much to send Gartland or Parkin on their way, unless there is another club willing to take them on.

Thats the problem if we can move them on great if we swap them we get someone elses shite it a sign of the times

mackay would be the main guy to go he is to slow and has bad distribution to be a right back and no good at centre back and why is he trying to take corners cant see why mcinnes rates him so highly gary irvine was twice the player he is

mackay would be the main guy to go he is to slow and has bad distribution to be a right back and no good at centre back and why is he trying to take corners cant see why mcinnes rates him so highly gary irvine was twice the player he is

Cracking first post quinny. Can't wait for the next one to see who else you want us to get rid of.

Hi Gary, how's life in the first? If Carlsberg made awful posts this would probably be the worst ever, ever ever, ever. Well you get my point.

Let's see.

Invincibile away.

Samuel away.

Peaso away.

Taylor away if his contract is up.

Doobs will go as he won't wanna keep travelling away from his family.

Jacko away.

We have a decent keeper but poor back up.

We need a right back.

We need a centre half.

We need a left back.

We need a fast striker.

We need a left midfielder who can go by people.

Our midfield is the strongest area. I'd play with Craig, Davidson, Adams and Millar in the midfield four.

Parkin and May up front.

See if I win the Euro Millions........

I would keep invinsible and I would wait and see about samuels.

I think you will see a few new faces. But as someone said earlier the salary is one big problem, I was being told last week that Falkirk are paying burton O'brien £3k a week, so I would suggest that he will be leaving there but on that wage I can;t see anyone in the SPL outside of the top 3 taking him on.

I would keep invinsible and I would wait and see about samuels.

I think you will see a few new faces. But as someone said earlier the salary is one big problem, I was being told last week that Falkirk are paying burton O'brien £3k a week, so I would suggest that he will be leaving there but on that wage I can;t see anyone in the SPL outside of the top 3 taking him on.

If he doesn't take a wage cut he will be unemployed then.