Summer clear out!

SJFC1988-

The following players I say that shld be released/ sold:

Craig* :mad:( even though bizarrly got new contract)

Peaso:sad:

Jackson

Maybury

Cleveland:oops:

Grainger

*can't pass, dribble, no pace, why did del give him new contract?

On a positive note:

Davidson, duberry, miller and McKay are all consistent performers for us! Plus Robertson played well when he came on today , :?good hold up target man sort of

player!

Who would u like see go?:):sad:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats unrealistic? circa 14 semi finals in my time supporting them and one final. Other 'lesser' teams have better records. Unfortunately our board of directors have lost the drive and ambition that they once had and the summer clear out has to start with them. Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc are not that bigger than us yet have not had to put up with the pish we have, you are only talking 1000 fans per game more. when we showed the drive and determination to better ourselves as a club those 1000 were there. Now all we can expect is 2 seasons in the SPL and an occasional humping or close call in a semi all to prepare ourselves for 8 years of hell in the diddy division. Is it any wonder with this business model no one turns up.

At least when we were shite I could live with that, I cannot live seeing us come so close so often. There is a level I think we can reach but we are hampered with over prudence far to much. Is like the BOD have given up striving and are happy with their lot

While its a kneejerk reaction, I don't think its unrealistic - we were badly let down by the players (and possibly Del's tactics) today.

Assuming Doobs leaves anyway I'd also release Sammy, Invincible, Jackson, Taylor, Parkin. Peaso deserves another year.

Robertson deserves a year-long deal but we need to get some inspiration in the signings this summer - some flair players for the midfield, a decent striker and a new centre-half.

While its a kneejerk reaction, I don't think its unrealistic - we were badly let down by the players (and possibly Del's tactics) today.

Assuming Doobs leaves anyway I'd also release Sammy, Invincible, Jackson, Taylor, Parkin. Peaso deserves another year.

Robertson deserves a year-long deal but we need to get some inspiration in the signings this summer - some flair players for the midfield, a decent striker and a new centre-half.

Totally agree with all the players mentioned above. When was the last time we've signed someone who's really exciting. At the end of the day invincible was freed for a reason. I like Sammy but what has he done over the last couple of seasons? Jacko isn't anywhere like the player he was or else he would have been back in the team and Taylors inability to cause any sort of problem should spell the end for him.

Out of the five i'm thinking Parkin should still be given the chance but thats probably because my memories shite and i've forgotten how bad he was!

I don't lack the ability of any player in the squad. At the end of the day it all comes down to attitude, and its on that basis that we should get rid of players. Sammy is a prime example of a player who brings the club down with his lazy, hap hazzard style of football. Aslong as we don't shelve any hard workers (Invincible, May etc) I trust us to bounce back with a strong season next year.

It is not knee jerk in the slightest. Just got back fae Mount Florida and the performance was spineless, gutless, unadventurous and weak. Del as come out after the game and pretty much said that there will be a clearout, so fans here are basically echoing what the management are saying!! There are many players who will go. Sammy has to be the first. We actually don't have a decent SPL striker at the club. Parkin was shocking before he got injured, no presence or guts for a big man. The only person who gets pass marks today is Davidson.

Bad bad bad day, with some woeful performances. Still countdown to next season begins!!

COYS!

Totally agree their needs to be a clear out getting rid of the dead wood most of del signing this season were panic buys first of all we need a striker who is not scared to have a go at goal Sammy is no SPL player I think saints need to start building now for next season but I think the main problem will be money of the lack or it.

Really hate how some people on this belittle others for their comments! They can write what they want, its their opinion. No saints fan is above another, we all pay our money and all have our own opinion. Surely different opinions is what makes a forum work?! I think a big clear out is required in the summer...dont think midfield and defence is too bad but could do with a quick winger and letting cleaveland go. Upfront we need to gut it all and start again, its not working and this entire season has proved that. Dont mind Robertson though id give him a chance

Really hate how some people on this belittle others for their comments! They can write what they want, its their opinion. No saints fan is above another, we all pay our money and all have our own opinion. Surely different opinions is what makes a forum work?! I think a big clear out is required in the summer...dont think midfield and defence is too bad but could do with a quick winger and letting cleaveland go. Upfront we need to gut it all and start again, its not working and this entire season has proved that. Dont mind Robertson though id give him a chance

Thats what a forum is all about opinions!!!!!!!

:):)

The positive thing for the club is that with thirteen players out of contract (and Novikovas away), there is plenty of scope for change. Key for me is adding options with pace to the wide areas and just a big improvement up top, including a big striker that's also good in the air. Quality over quantity hopefully and the 19s will have to step up to the plate. Mark Durnan for example has been given a new contract but will be too old for the U19s so is going to have to push for a first team place.

I really think young Reynolds needs to start a few games to see if he's worth a deal. Jordan Robertson is surely worth a deal for a year to give him a real chance to show us his full potential.

Sadly I've run out of patience with Jacko who needs to drop a level (or two) and Peaso who looks a spent force. Taylor is not anywhere near SPL standard. Dinky is obviously done. Doobs will quit.

I don't think Del rates Adams?

Major surgery required and there will be a new look St Johnstone next season.

We need a striker. We have about six "forwards" on the books, but not one who can score with their first touch. Nothing got past the Motherwell centre halfs today mostly because Sammy, Danny I, J Ro and May were getting their first touch on, or just past the half way line.

Maybe a new look St. Johnstone definately needed. Can McIness take them on? 4:5:1 smacks of desperation surely in a semi final w have to go for it. Today at start felt like we sent out wrong message and thats how we played. forget opposition we are not far away from a good team but today looked like we would lose before we started. no pace, no cutting edge, no nothing.