Youth chat 2011/2012

Tranmere Saintee

under 19s lost 4-1 to Rangers on Saturday. Not sure what the position is with the 19s Unless Alex has been moved to first team and we have a new 19s coach at the Club it must be a drawback to them not having Alex or TC at these Saturday matches.

Under 14s played a match at McD thins morning winning well with the Mad Ref taking charge of the match. Booked the smallest man on the park for talking back. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear there may be an U20s league next season with no U19s and a possible U18s.

If there is no U18s then the jump from 17s to 20s is too big imo.

Anyone heard or know anything about this?

Is this them combining the years. There was some thought of only having 13,15,17,19 at pro youth. Think the idea is that at 17 they should be pushing towards reserves or first team and as such under 20 would not be that massive a jump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm guessing you or your relative is one!

Lomas has brought in guys that he obviously rates higher than what we have currently, I'm happy with that

im afraid your guessing wrong, a dont happen to be a relative of any of the youths but i do go and watch the 19s on a regular basis and if you done the same you would also see that we have lads there who are every bit as good if not better than the lads brought in.

The gaffer must disagree, he's better qualified to judge than you or me. You have all the hallmarks of a disgruntled parent/player tbh. I've not seen the new boys or the 19's in action. Who from our kids has a better record at 19's than keatings? It's not something I follow but I hear he's very highly rated.

The gaffer must disagree, he's better qualified to judge than you or me. You have all the hallmarks of a disgruntled parent/player tbh. I've not seen the new boys or the 19's in action. Who from our kids has a better record at 19's than keatings? It's not something I follow but I hear he's very highly rated.

i am nothing more than a fan who has followed saints for many years irrespective of what you may think, mr lomas has not watched our youth football for the last 3 years and keatings is no better than may or reynolds were also highly rated.

reynolds wasnt playing 19s last season which is probably why but i believe if you go watch some 19s games between now and the end of the season you will see lads who are far better

Reynolds hasn't cut it at Ayr or Raith whilst on loan, it was the right decision to get rid of him as the lad can not guaranteed football at Saints.

Anyone know if Reynolds has found himself a club?

we've played more than half the season and the 3 u21's werejust there making up the numbers. 1game in and keatings has made an appearance already

Great point.

Also Mr mcinnes rated our young lads which was seen by the likes of may breaking into the 1st team Durnan making the bench along with mcintosh and young caddis yet Mr lomas comes in and I've not seen him at any of the under 19 fixtures and decides to bring 2 other players and 1 has already made an appearance think how our players must feel especially the young lad in midfield who is the current top scorer this is my opinion and I feel very strongly about this situation maybe Mr lomas should make an effort and make it along to a few of the under 19s fixtures and then decide if he should bring other boys in.

I think Lomas has a much better understanding of the under 19's than you do, maybe you go to some games, but he is getting constant first hand info, plus his own thoughts, if they're not good enough yet, then they're not good enough. I trust our manager.

I think Lomas has a much better understanding of the under 19's than you do, maybe you go to some games, but he is getting constant first hand info, plus his own thoughts, if they're not good enough yet, then they're not good enough. I trust our manager.

Do you watch the 19s ? And do you agree with the fact a young boy makes an appearance as quick as keatings and if it's due to his goals then why does mcintosh not make a start as I have already mentioned I think it's unfair on our young lads especially how some of our boys work hard and a new boy comes in and makes a start before the rest get a chance and again I'll state the fact that this is MY OPINION I wish all the young lads luck ahead wether they make it or not.

Am i the only one who is missing the fact that he brings in players from other teams to sit on the bench and only get 5 or 10 mins here or there while our good U19's are out playing a full 90 minutes for other clubs - which in the long term will benefit them
100% correct and sometimes not even getting any playing time.

Am i the only one who is missing the fact that he brings in players from other teams to sit on the bench and only get 5 or 10 mins here or there while our good U19's are out playing a full 90 minutes for other clubs - which in the long term will benefit them

Exactly, Lomas has done what McInnes failed to do by loaning out the rated youngsters to gain match experience.

These guys are here to be benched, Oyenuga has came from a huge club. I'd rather our youngsters were out getting game time